Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Quick question about MT

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 AM
AlmostJesus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's good to see I'm not doing anything TOO wrong, haha. Thanks for all the responses, time flew by pretty quick at work from reading all of them (I'm a slow reader) Yeah, the speedbumps are getting a lot better now. Did a lot of driving today, and now I have a week off so I plan on blowing a ton of gas and driving all week to the beach and stuff. Downshifting will take some getting use to. I mean I do it ok, but I want it to be perfect. You guys have been helpful

So before I turn a corner, I slow down, pop it into second...blip the accelerator and let off the clutch without giving it any gas right? I just don't see how that would work because the RPMS would drop pretty fast and you'd just have to push the gas down again. The way I do it I blip the accelerator, let up off the clutch and while the RPMS are dropping I give it a bit of gas to smooth it out.

Ah whatever, I'll practice a lot this weekend.

First time I drove this car home, there were so many stop signs on steep hills and I wasn't use to how sensitive everything was...so I gave it a bit more gas and it shot up the 7k RPM and I was giving my mom a ride back home and she's like..."ommggggg I thought you knew how to drive!" but it was just so sensitive compared to my 05 Cobalt