Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Q for all 03s

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 06:20 PM
henry j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q for all 03s

Wassup every1 i have a 03 Z and everytime i get a wash or wash my car and i go to open the door a little puddle of water splats on the floor...i dont understand wat that is... its actually kinda embarassing because once i just cleaned the outside and went to pick up a friend and when he opend the door a splash of water just hit the floor.. i dont understand what that is...any comments welcome thanks!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:30 PM
350zlmtd

also wondering about this myself, get puddles after washing the car
Old 09-01-2007, 06:46 PM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by henry j
its actually kinda embarassing because once i just cleaned the outside and went to pick up a friend and when he opend the door a splash of water just hit the floor

you must be really self conscious you might want to see a psychiatrist for that.

there's a ledge where the bottom of the door closes...and there's a gap there. water gets on the ledge. Have you ever even looked at your door?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Ziggyrama

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 03 does the same thing. I assume that all other models do the the same thing. I think even 07s haven't changed the door geometry. It must be the way the door is designed and how the water drains from the top of the car. Yeah, it kinda stinks that after you wash a car, you get a little surprise after you open the door but such is the joy of owning a Z. After realizing this, I just open both doors and wipe down and wax the area that I can't get to with the doors closed. Out of all things that could be wrong with a car, I'd say this one is low on the priority list
Old 09-01-2007, 07:16 PM
henry j

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
you must be really self conscious you might want to see a psychiatrist for that.

there's a ledge where the bottom of the door closes...and there's a gap there. water gets on the ledge. Have you ever even looked at your door?
naw u trippen, and yes i have looked at the door i dont understand why the water gathers up and why they didnt just make an exit for that excess water....
Old 09-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by henry j
Wassup every1 i have a 03 Z and everytime i get a wash or wash my car and i go to open the door a little puddle of water splats on the floor...i dont understand wat that is... its actually kinda embarassing because once i just cleaned the outside and went to pick up a friend and when he opend the door a splash of water just hit the floor.. i dont understand what that is...any comments welcome thanks!
It's normal. Don't worry.
Think of it as your Z's way of thanking you for the wash.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:27 AM
ChinaClipper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please other Z owners, don't tell henry j that if you open the hatch after washing the car, the water sitting at the top ledge over the hatch will drain out and run puddles down both c-pillars!

Seriously henry, just like the other posters here, when you finish washing your car, you dry the outside, open the doors and hatch, and then dry the sills and let the door drain naturally. It is the way to thoroughly wash the car and dry it.
cheers,
ChinaClipper
03 Z owner for 5 plus years now.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:35 AM
henry j

Originally Posted by ChinaClipper
Please other Z owners, don't tell henry j that if you open the hatch after washing the car, the water sitting at the top ledge over the hatch will drain out and run puddles down both c-pillars!

Seriously henry, just like the other posters here, when you finish washing your car, you dry the outside, open the doors and hatch, and then dry the sills and let the door drain naturally. It is the way to thoroughly wash the car and dry it.
cheers,
ChinaClipper
03 Z owner for 5 plus years now.
hahaha funny!! naw u trippen fool
Old 09-02-2007, 09:39 AM
brickyardzee

I have an 03 and I don't have this issue. Oh wait, maybe thats because I don't ever wash my car. I bought it new in may of 03 and think it has been washed a total of 12 times if that. I know it hasn't been washed in 2.5 to 3 years.

Ok, its not my daily driver and only has 19K on it and whenever it is used I dust it off with a california duster go around and take the quick detailer and clean up any spots then put it away in the garage. I also don't drive it in the rain so it sits most of the winter in the garage. With plenty of nice days in California it works for me so I don't have the issue!

Besides, the dam hard water and waterspots around here are a PITA! When I did wash it, it took me 2 days to clean it after the wash to get all the waterspots off it again and clean all the door and hatch jams and also the engine bay.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Scribl3

funniest **** i have ever heard
Old 09-02-2007, 11:38 AM
henry j

Originally Posted by brickyardzee
I have an 03 and I don't have this issue. Oh wait, maybe thats because I don't ever wash my car. I bought it new in may of 03 and think it has been washed a total of 12 times if that. I know it hasn't been washed in 2.5 to 3 years.

Ok, its not my daily driver and only has 19K on it and whenever it is used I dust it off with a california duster go around and take the quick detailer and clean up any spots then put it away in the garage. I also don't drive it in the rain so it sits most of the winter in the garage. With plenty of nice days in California it works for me so I don't have the issue!

Besides, the dam hard water and waterspots around here are a PITA! When I did wash it, it took me 2 days to clean it after the wash to get all the waterspots off it again and clean all the door and hatch jams and also the engine bay.
well if u do wash it and you notice that afterwards u open the door and a splash or water hits the floor lemme know wassup
Old 09-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Shift_Z33

I actually have a more strange problem. I took my car through a touchless car wash and during the rinse, I noticed water coming through my door speakers. I dont know WTF is going on.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:11 PM
henry j

does any other year have this issue???
Old 09-03-2007, 05:50 AM
s13SRmadness

dont you wipe that area down anyway after a wash??
i do.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:01 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

naw u trippin foo.