Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lemans Sunset or Chrome Silver

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 07:36 PM
tek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemans Sunset or Chrome Silver

I'm stuck guys, can't decide between Chrome Silver or Lemans Sunset. The Lemans Sunset is beautiful, truly has presence and I seem to remember the original 240 Z coming in a color similar to this? Am I wrong. The Chrome Silver is more sedate I'd say and things on the car like it's handles disappear better but there are a lot of Silver cars out there. I'm sure the Chrome Silver will be a bit easier to maintain also.

Thoughts? HELP!
Old 08-03-2002, 07:52 PM
Sky15

See that only reason i'de be scared to get the orange is because of resale value. If you ever try to sell it, it's going to be harder to sell because people don't really like orange that much. But if you're not selling it then I'd chose Lemans sunset. Silver is to played out.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:53 PM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

I think i would have to see Lemans in person to make a call...Chrome Silver was a safer bet...so that's what i stuck with.

If you havn't pre-ordered, then i wouldn't worry about it...there will be some on the road for you to see by the time you get a Z

-Andrew
Old 08-03-2002, 08:00 PM
rep15

As a percentage of depreciation, color is really insignificant but get the grey one - you will be in safe company in a large crowd.
Old 08-03-2002, 08:01 PM
3rdpower

I think you should get the gray one!
Old 08-03-2002, 08:14 PM
azmo

I say you go for the orangish brown. The silver door handles look sweet with that color. A great match.
Old 08-03-2002, 08:24 PM
Track_350Z

You hit all the right points in your post. You just need to think it over yourself. Like the Dorretos commercial...

Sure your bold... (i.e. Chrome Silver, Silverstone) ... but are you also daring (LeMans Sunset).

I ordred the Chrome Silver because it more closely matched the door handles, Rays wheels and interior aluminum accents. Also, it was the only color I had seen at the time. (Man that show car looked sweet!)

Also note the LeMans Sunset matches the Brembos if your getting Track. Nice touch.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:14 PM
2003z

get the gay one, (sorry, I meant gray)
Old 08-03-2002, 09:59 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Originally posted by 2003z
get the gay one, (sorry, I meant gray)
Hey, don't ask, don't tell right?

The La Maze Sunset (anything named for a child birth breathing exercise has to be cool right?) will wear out just as dark green went out (used to be a favorite) and others along the way. I remember my dad having a pontiac in the 70's that was that orange color with a white vinyl top. Good to see it come out again after so many years (kind of like bell bottoms).

The silver has been talked about being played out but driving the roads, I haven't seen it here. Maybe because SUV's and trucks don't take as well to silver. Long term, the silvers will win. I bought silver because I want people to see the car, not the paint. Personal opinion but one that I am sure will serve me for many more years.

The way I decided......every time I went to look at the car before ordering, I went to the chrome.

Whatever you pick though, it will be a Z and no matter how much we feel the need to say we have the best color, its only skin deep and the metal underneath is what matters.
Old 08-03-2002, 10:11 PM
3rdpower

Personally... nothing beats the "organish brown"... the picture down below doesn't look orangish brown to me...

[IMG]

Last edited by 3rdpower; 08-03-2002 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-03-2002, 10:40 PM
azmo

Just kidding man.."orangish brown".. lemans sunset looks great. Very different. Orignal choice. Someone had to reply to those comments about the silver.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:18 PM
3rdpower

They all look good - colors of the rainbow!!!
I just want my FREAKING CAR!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 11:27 PM
SandMan

Think of it this way
Lemans Orange = **** you have a one night stand with
Silverstone/Chrome Silver= The girl you want to wake up with and spend the rest of your life with.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:34 PM
rep15

Precisely. Neutral gray is an old married woman; Sunset an exciting young chick. Couldn't have said it better, Sandman.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:46 PM
ZON

The Chrome Silver show car was awesome! Unfortunately the CS production car does not really use that show car paint job. It doesn't look nearly as good IMO. Too many pre orderers chose CS so I quickly decided on something else. I just don't want to have another CS 350Z. I think the Le Mans is beautiful. Notice how two of the posters here said get the Chrome Silver and they have the Le Mans Sunset choice! You go figure it out! Also I would get the Burnt Orange seats with that Le Mans color. SWEET!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 11:56 PM
3rdpower

Silver = safe color
Lemans = risk color

Nothing more, nothing less
Old 08-04-2002, 12:31 AM
Subw00er

The lemans looks incredible in person. I ordered it. I've seen the grey too, it doesnt show the body contours as well, its very drab if you want my opinion!
Old 08-04-2002, 02:23 AM
ICYBLUE1203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrome silver and silverstone are nice, the thing is, there are so many silver/gray cars on the road now. Also, didn't chrome silver and silverstone make up 80% of the Z's? I'm getting someone else's canceled order, so the begger cannot be a chooser. I'm just hoping there are different colored Z's available when I get tp pick one out.
Old 08-04-2002, 03:35 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Ahhhhh, youth. Good thing I already feel like an old fart or else all this talk about safety and boring colors would have me feeling it.

No, there is nothing like waking up next your old, married woman...you still love her and she stills look beautiful. On the other hand, that exciting young chick tends to show her age that much faster. Just experience.

I do wonder how Nissan went from the Sunset orange to chrome silver as their showcase car for the show circuit and for their website. I wouldn't know as I don't spend the millions of dollars they do to find out what the public wants and more importantly what it doesn't.

But, back to your question, and away from our petty squabbles....either color is going to make you happy, which one are you going to enjoy in the long run though?
Old 08-04-2002, 03:50 AM
rep15

"But, back to your question, and away from our petty squabbles....either color is going to make you happy, which one are you going to enjoy in the long run though?"

In answer to your question, Goober: LeMans Sunset.

BTW: I have a beautiful bride of 32 years, next week. I still lust after the so-called "yellow-orange"!

Quick Reply: Lemans Sunset or Chrome Silver