Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Slow warranty parts delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003 | 04:11 PM
RAW22

Default Slow warranty parts delivery?

Today is my 3 month anniversiary of when I went in to get the dealer to fix a part on my drivers seat. I called today and they said the part still isnt in.

Anyone else having these problems with dealers getting warranty parts?

Rich
Old 05-21-2003 | 04:57 PM
JPinSF

Been 2 weeks so far for a replacement glove box! I got a little hamfisted trying to dislodge a pen from between the door and the storage area and snapped the door clean off.

Notice: Do not store pens in the Glove boxes between the rear speakers!
Old 05-21-2003 | 06:05 PM
alienx

I had the same problem with some mud guards that were cracked when I took delivery. They said they would have NO problem fixing it that afternoon (I wasn't picking the car up until the next weekend anyway). Well, they didn't have them fixed, and I'm not sure they ever even ordered them for the five weeks I kept calling. So I called Nissan to see if they were ********ting me. Nissan called the dealer and then called me back and told me they never ordered the parts. Nissan also told me to go to another dealer and have them fixed as warranty items. But that afternoon, the parts guy at the dealership called and we worked it all out. I had the parts in 4 days. He was the only one at the dealership that would even return a phone call.

I guess the fact that Nissan had to contact them made them a little uncomfortable, so they mader the parts guy call me.

I haven't been back to the dealer since I picked up the car. I made them mail me the parts.

If you feel like you are getting run around, and you don't particularly care about the relationship anymore, call Nissan to get a staright answer.

Good luck.

PS. The dealership has been the only bad part of my ownership experience!