Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Serious question: What if...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 01:38 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Serious question: What if...

your Z arrives, you scramble to the dealership, get in, adjust the seat/steering wheel, take it for a spin around the block before signing the papers and you realize that no matter how hard you try, you just can't seem to get comfortable and that the Z DOES NOT work for you? What then? Do you bite the bullet and live with it, or pass?

At 6'0" with a 33" inseam, I don't think I'll have any problems finding the sweet spot, but there is a chance that I'd find the car uncomfortable seeing as how I never had the chance for a test drive before ordering. I'm going into the "delivery" phase as positive as possible, but do have to admit that until I take that first drive, I'm not 100% sure. The fact that there is NOTHING else out there in the $35K-$40K range half as compelling (barring domestics), I'd be pretty bummed and at a loss for what to get if me and the Z just don't see eye-to-eye.

Anybody else concerned about not being comfortable, or is it a matter of, "It's the Z, man. Suck it up!"?
Old 08-05-2002, 01:44 AM
rouxeny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If for some reason that happens, I'm still buying it and then turning around and selling it for a profit. Ebay should work well.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:51 AM
netviper

well u are stuck kinda, but if u have condition to testdrive and anything similar in contract then u can just take your deposit and leave
Old 08-05-2002, 04:10 AM
rai

I guess I know what you mean, at this price range we should get a car we are really in love with.

I bought a Z3 because I liked the looks, I fit in it well, it had good handeling, I thought I loved the car, but after a while I was bugged by it's pokey performance (138hp, 0-60 in the 8's). So I dumped it at a big loss.

I don't think I will have to worry about the Z being pokey (0-60 in the 5's). I already sat in the car and I fit well. The looks and handeling are also better than most cars.

The thing to remember is this is going to be my second car or fun car. That being the case, if I am not thrilled, I can wait for another car to come along.

The only cars out now I am interested in are the S2000 and the 330Ci. Cars I would consider in the future are the supra, RX-7, NSX, and M3 (next generation).
Old 08-05-2002, 04:23 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

I'm in the same boat as you droidekaus. When I ordered I told them there was no guarantee I'd take the car until after I've test driven it to see if I'm comfortable in it. I'm 6'2", 195# but have long legs so I've always found it hard to get the proper thigh support. The best I ever found was my '90 ZX. I haven't had the opportunity to sit in a 350 yet like some lucky Zer's.

Sometimes I say to my self...just take it and sell it if you don't like it but all this talk of getting more then you payed (including tax etc.) may not be realistic.

I think it's going to have to be one of those gut decisions when the time comes.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:27 AM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I can handle driving the Z32... then the Z33 will be perfect for me. For starters... the interior design is very simple, and I like the ergonomics.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:45 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Six foot tall people with 33" inseams are very average sized and have little to worry about. I'm 6'5", and I'm not at all worried, since the scouting reports have been pretty favorable. Comparisons of roominess have been made to the 1970 240Z, which my 6'4" father fit in without a problem.

I'm not too worried...
Old 08-05-2002, 05:05 AM
ToddLuc

This is the first vehicle I have ever purchased by specs, images, and video only. It is a bit unnerving, but at the same time, exhilarating!

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried... just a bit. I am 6'1". From what I keep hearing, I, and other people, should be just fine, though.

I will be happy when I get my Z and "Zee" for myZelf.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:29 AM
factorypolaris

Thumbs up

Im not worried at all. This car is going to be in my garage no matter what. I said it before that nissan has not made a bad Z yet. This is going to be the best one yet.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:12 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

You are going to love the way the 350Z feels when you sit in it for the first time. I have been in and out of 3 different cars over the last 2 months. Some of the comments from others on this board:"It fits like a comfortable shoe." "Feels like you're at the controls of a fighter plane."

My opinion: "It just feels right. Give me the keys and let me alone." The Nissan guy didn't give me the keys or I wouldn't be here typing.

I'm 6' tall and had plenty of both head and legroom. The seat had a lot of adjustment left for angle and could go a lot farther back.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:52 AM
goofyZ

I agree with pooh, I think you'll fit just fine. I was amazed at how it fit (never been in better).

But the point remains that you have to like this car. weather it's the fit, the look or the drive... if you don't like it then it's not the car for you. even ferrari's are not for everybody. (but I'd take one if your offering)