Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

F#@k...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007 | 03:07 PM
GSX-R350Z

Originally Posted by Kinraze
In light of all the horrific door ding stories, I thought I would share a non door ding story that actually surprised me. I parked my Z out in the middle of no where in the parking lot as usual. I'm walking to the store and turn to see an SUV parking right next to me. I was like great here it comes. I watched a lady get out of the SUV, walked over to the rear door where her daughter was getting out and stand between the door and my car. She was actually making sure that her daughter did not door ding my car. She never seen me looking at her either.
wish there were more people like her...

even though she may have been more worried about her car...i wish there were people like her o.O...
Old 10-12-2007 | 03:39 PM
Xoulrath

So many people are just sorry, and barely take care of their own belongings, much less even think about trying to maybe be just a tiny bit careful around someone else's car. Others are just jerks who are jealous.
Originally Posted by Kinraze
I parked my Z out in the middle of no where in the parking lot as usual. I'm walking to the store and turn to see an SUV parking right next to me. I was like great here it comes.
That is cool the lady watched her child get out of the car, but you've got to ask yourself why she parked next to you, if you were in fact, in the middle of nowhere in the parking lot.

Several times when I still had the Z, I would park hundreds of feet away from anyone else, and I didn't mind walking a quarter mile to get to the entrance of wherever I was going. I can't remember how many times I would come back to my car to find some P.O.S. parked right next to my car, yet there were still hundreds of other available spots!
Old 10-12-2007 | 04:13 PM
lilaznxboi08

wow.
Old 10-12-2007 | 05:00 PM
invazn

someone once opened their door into my driver side door really heavily while i was in the car.
Old 10-12-2007 | 05:29 PM
whitecel

Originally Posted by GSX-R350Z
**** man...not even 3 weeks of owning my Z some ****er in a white truck decides to park close to me and ****ing open his door on my door...

It's not big but it pisses me off how careless people can be...****...
be glad it was just a ding

I've had my z for 4 weeks and kept it flawless. Then last week my nephew decided to fall off his bike and sent the metal handle streaking across my rear quarter panel. Now I have a huge 4 inch long scratch that took all the paint off down to the primer.

Hope this makes you feel better.
Old 10-12-2007 | 06:18 PM
sporkdevil

Originally Posted by Bolaz
I mean even when im in a tight fit, i make a point to stick my hand out between my door and the persons car so the door doesnt hit it!
Honestly, who doesn't do that? I've never hit someone's car, but for a few years I park at the back of the lot. No more problems
Old 10-12-2007 | 06:29 PM
kramykram

last time someone dinged my door, i kicked a big a$$dent in there door.
Old 10-12-2007 | 06:44 PM
BornSlippyZ

Damn..On your 07! SOB's...I feel you man.

Quick story, I had this almost happen to me 2 weeks ago at a hotel I was at. The wife and I was walking back from a restaurant to the hotel when I just decided to check on my car, guess what a big Suburban parked next to me. I started to walk faster to check for door dings and the driver (girl) opens her door sits in her SUV and the wind opens the door wider! It looked like she gave me a ding. Luckily for her sake it came within a centimeter of hitting my car. My wife was like **** did she hit it? I said no...the girl just looked (oddly) at me as I checked my door, she then backed her land yaght out and took off. People like that **** me off more than anything.
Old 10-12-2007 | 08:04 PM
Chrispy
GURU
Premier Member

http://www.doordefender.com/home.html
laugh at them all you want, it only takes 30 seconds to put these on. they work for me. its hilarious to see people walk by and laugh, but by the time they get 10 more steps they look back and think what a good idea. so far so good on the dings.
Old 10-12-2007 | 09:18 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Ashley@Forged
I ALWAYS make sure I dont hit other doors! Even if it's such a tight squeeze that its hard for me to get out - i dont touch the doors. Sorry about your incident.
+1
Old 10-13-2007 | 03:22 AM
GSX-R350Z

Originally Posted by whitecel
be glad it was just a ding

I've had my z for 4 weeks and kept it flawless. Then last week my nephew decided to fall off his bike and sent the metal handle streaking across my rear quarter panel. Now I have a huge 4 inch long scratch that took all the paint off down to the primer.

Hope this makes you feel better.
ouch...im sorry to hear about that man...it doesn't make me feel better o.O makes me feel even worst...dam man...

i was about to take off the nissan burgers and put the Z emblems on...but after wats happened to my car recently i dont think i will...punks might just rip it off...
Old 10-16-2007 | 07:08 AM
jeff91ta

I'll share my frustration....

Parked my car last Saturday to get my hair cut and food.... of course I parked at the back of the lot. Well I come out an hour later to find a POS white buick next to me with high school graduation tassels hanging on the rearview (no other cars are even close to either of us). As I get closer I notice he had to park 2 feet away!!! So now I'm getting pissed and I put my food down and check out my door..... luckily I find nothing at first glance and take off to head home.

Once I get home I crouched down to take a better look and notice the smallest ding ever with a little white scuff. Trust me this is THE smallest door ding ever but it was enough to make me drop my food and race about 4 miles back to see if the car was still there... but of course it was long gone.

What is wrong with people??? Did he have any reason to park next to me with all the open spots all around and then let his door hit mine... THIS is what really pisses me off!!! That and the fact that I missed the dent the first time when his POS was still parked there.

Thanks to the a_ _hole in the buick for giving me my first ding after a year and a half of ownership.

Originally Posted by kramykram
last time someone dinged my door, i kicked a big a$$dent in there door.
I agree fully! Vigilante justice!
Old 10-16-2007 | 09:14 AM
imjdoggie

With my 03 Z a few months ago I actually came out of a store and saw some big big African American leaning yes leaning on his door which was resting on my door. I came out and just looked at him and asked him if he would respect my property, he proceeded to get mad at me and mumbled something so at this point I am enraged and not thinking about how big he was so I said this if f'in crazy you are leaning against my car possibly damaging it and you are gonna talk **** to me F you buddy. He started walking towards me and I wanted to run but I stood my ground and he said you don't want this I said you are probably right but come on man just have a little respect for someone's property I mean come on man WTF. He got a call on his cell answered it and walked away. I got his plate number but I didn't ever pursue it because I traded the car a month later. It just goes to show there are @$$holes everywhere man!!!
Old 10-16-2007 | 10:03 AM
b-ron

Originally Posted by Fairly Z
Always make sure that in the parking space you're using, you are surrounded by other sports cars! Then you can assure that nothing will happen.
thats what i always did till i got in my car the other day and sat there to let it warm up, a corvette parked next to me, next thing i here was a thud and a lady saying o sorry !! i got out in looked no marks( lucky for her). alot of beamers,mercedes,corvettes and alot of other sports cars are drivin by women whos rich husband paid for it and they can give a rats a@@ about cars. so they just swing open the doors. im not just putting this on women there are guys out there that are the same, but around my area its mostly women with the nice sports cars.

one thing i cant stand is i will park in front of starbuck with three empty paking spots on each side, go get my drink sit outside and drink my coffee, then a car will roll up and park right next to me when there is three empty parking spots on ether side. this happends to me atleast four times a week
Old 10-16-2007 | 08:48 PM
Z_Driver
Master
Premier Member

If I'm really concerned I put on my car cover. It takes like 30 secs and stops most door dents/dings. The ones that people throw open there door on the car I can't do anything about. But, when that happens with the car cover on it doesn't chip the paint it just dents the car and I pay the $80 to the dent doctor to straighten out. This happens about once a year..... Roger, from dent doctor and I are pretty good friends now. Of course, his business survives because of these idiots.

What can you do?

If I know in advance that I'm going into a war zone I take the F100. Look at the molding on this guy:

Old 10-17-2007 | 01:09 PM
thrill350z

i always prepare in advance by not pulling all the way into a spot and not parking in a tight spot. But hey, theres always paintless dent removal. Thats what the dealerships do before selling their used cars
Old 10-17-2007 | 07:44 PM
RichEdward

Originally Posted by GSX-R350Z

PDR it is then...anyone have experience with PDR?
i did recently. one month after buying my Z, and after accomplishing a rather tasking 10 hr drive to ocracoke island with no sleep, my buddy who is a G driver complimented me on my parking habits. we were parked and about to walk up to the beach and he said that he parks away from everyone just like i do, to avoid door dents (he parked next to me because well, he wont dent my door. right?). well at that exact moment, a huge gust of wind blasted his rental door right out of his hands and it smashed into my door. i had a huge 6 inch gash/dent right over the crease of my door. PDR guy at Browns Nissan hooked me up, i thought it would never come out. but it looks like nothing ever happened, it looks brand new now. there is hope! it works!