Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dissapointed and sad Z owner. (35th Anniversary Edition)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 12:03 PM
archspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dayam, I almost thought I ran into a topic discussing Toyota Camry issues here...hahahhaha...
Old 01-14-2008, 06:48 PM
HitLines

I had a grind as well with my 03 a few months ago and it was fixed under the warranty. Sounds like you might have a tire issue as well like others have mentioned.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:17 PM
DraGonAlchemist

perhaps you should start to drive it more. . .maybe it's telling you like. .i need to Stretch out a little man! heh.. it just seems to me that some of us get the **** end of the stick's and some of us get a good to pretty good Z. .i was acctually told by my local dealer that the Z's and Murano's are actually made in JAPAN and shipped here. .beats me if thats true or not. .but i thought japanese made ****'s supposed to be good. . . all i kno is KIA and HYundai's coming up in the world!! hahahah. .SyyyyKe!!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
EuG35

Originally Posted by 06MagneticZ
This is why I gave up on my Z. Had it for a year and have had tons of probles. Love the car, but hate the little problems. Now I think my motor finally went out. Dont know why since I always have my car serviced with synthetic oil. Im going to pick up an Evo IX sometime after the dealer fixes my recent issue.
You think Mitsubishi Evolution IX is more reliable than a 350z? You're kidding right?
Old 01-14-2008, 07:32 PM
DraGonAlchemist

all MITSUBISHI'S ARE GARBAGE!!! nuff said. .
Old 01-14-2008, 11:17 PM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
Guess not. Well maybe its not so terribly disappointing after all.
The guy's obviously offline now (or abandoned this thread).

Total posts: 11
Last post: 10/16/2007

So why bother.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:55 PM
anth72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whine from the engine during a cold start can be caused by low power steering fluid. When turning to full lock the whine will get louder. This might be the problem. As your car warms up, so does the fluid, its volume will increase, and the whine will usually goes away. Obviously topping up the fluid should cure the problem. Hope this helps.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Gulf Coast Z

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by greybrimstone
Don't get me wrong, I love my 35th Anniversary 350Z but I am starting to suffer from heartache and disappointment. Let me start off by saying that I only drive standards. I grew up driving sports cars, and spent quite a bit of time racing them. With that said, I've done nothing by pamper my 350Z. The only races that it has ever seen are far and few. So here goes it...
For the tranny issue there is a revised clutch assembly and usually gets a new tranny to boot.(The syncros are fragged ) The click in the rear while going forward or reverse from a stand still is addressed by removal of the half shafts and cleaning and lubing the splines and hub. The tire wear issue is addressed by maintaining correct alignment. Recommend at least once a year. I prefer twice a year. Tires will only last you 15-25 thousand anyway. As for the noise at start up. I'm not certain it could be any number of things. Possibly the belt, oil pressure bleed down after sitting overnight,etc.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

Odd sounds yes... but things like this, no. C'mon, 6th gear syncro shot at 25K miles? Thats not "normal" by any stretch of the imagination.
Dude... I got my car brand new and replaced the first tranny under warranty at 8K miles. The second tranny went at just over 16K miles. So yeah common problem.

I LOVE MY WARRANTY AND THE DEALERS HATE ME.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:59 PM
mavtais

Originally Posted by 350ZediMastiff
I have this problem more often than I would like. I have an 07 with almost 6k on it, and even if I concentrate on it, I still sometimes don't get into 2nd under hard acceleration and get a big ol' grind.
This is why I totally don't want to buy a used Z. I am considering selling my Z and coming back to a used one after 2010 (plan to get married and make room for a baby with a cheap 4-door) but I'm close enuff to finishing the car payments and so many people f*ck up manual trans that I don't know if I could trust a "used" sports car.
Man I love my 2005. I race it and daily drive it and get no problemas.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Logikal_Disasta

Don't get me wrong, I love my 35th Anniversary 350Z but I am starting to suffer from heartache and disappointment. Let me start off by saying that I only drive standards. I grew up driving sports cars, and spent quite a bit of time racing them. With that said, I've done nothing by pamper my 350Z. The only races that it has ever seen are far and few. So here goes it...

My 350Z has 25,000 miles on it. Thats it, very low mileage... but that is where the good news ends.

When I shift from fourth gear to sixth gear, I get a grind. When I shift from fifth gear to sixth gear, I get a grind. I realize that it is my sixth gear syncro, but how the hell is that possible? Is this common? Do Z's have trannie issues like this frequently?

When the car starts from a cold start, I hear a whine come from the engine. It sounds like smooth metal on smooth metal... sorta like a pulley is going to go, or like a belt is about to start squealing. Anyone have this problem? Is this common with the Z?

When I backup from a cold start, I get a loud "THUNK" and lots of small clicks. When I put it in first, and move forward, I get the same clicks and pops, sometimes I get a thunk. I think its the brakes but I am not sure. Anyone else see this? Is this common?

The front tires wear strange. The inside is all eaten up while the outside is fine. I've seen this on porsche, ferrari, and other cars like that on the REAR tires because of the camber... but not on the front. Whats the deal here?

Needless to say I am very upset, very dissapointed, and honestly very sad. I loved the Z and I was super excited about getting it when I got it, but now I am thinking about fixing it and selling it. It is still under warranty... and honestly, I don't need a problem car.

Any opinions based on real experience would be much appreciated here. I'm a truly disappointed and sad Z owner.
sorry if i am just restating what others have said...i didn't bother to read any responses...

these are all issues i have had with my 04g35c 6spd. i also on have 25k on it. not sure about your's but everything was covered under my warrenty.

my tranny also had sync problems into third and into sixth. i explained that to my dealer and no questions were asked.

the whine if i remember correctly was the throw out bearing from your clutch. the dealer took a look, and fix it as well.

the clicking and thump in the rear axle/differential was also covered under warrenty.

if you lowered your car i could have thrown off the camber, but when i first put on my tein s-techs and sent it to the alignment shop, he asked if i had previously lowered it b/c of the increased camber wear on all 4's...something factory miscalculated.

geez, i thought i was the only one with these problems, i thought i had a lemon but turned out to be all defects that the dealership gladly took care of.

wish you luck fixing the issues...
Old 03-01-2008, 10:29 PM
toy4two

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
well, i've notice i had problems when i started driving the car hard. You can get the latest 009 tranny replaced for free and it's a great one. No grinds or anything. Shifts a lot smoother as well.

i'm guessing that sound you are hearing is from the tranny. After i put in some new performance tranny gear oil, everything was good.
I got a 009 tranny put in my 03 but they used Nissan regular tranny fluid and when its cold I get grinds. Which tranny gear oil are you using?