Old 05-22-2002, 02:49 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

No front plates here is PA either!
Old 06-02-2002, 10:40 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone is still curious about the dimples in the bumper where the front plate holder mounts, I made sure I took some pictures of these when I saw the Silverstone. Check out the low-res pics. There is a close-up of a single dimple, and another shot that shows both dimples.

Dimples
Old 06-03-2002, 07:03 AM
In2Gems
Charter Member #42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the dealer does install the front plate bracket it will be with rivets, not bolts, I suspect. So it will be a big pain to remove them.
I removed the rivets on my lincoln Mark 8 and had to have the holes filled and bumper painted. It looks awesome though!!!!

I'm in North Carolina- no front tag required
so my dealer didnt give me a hard time about leaving them out.
He dis say "THEY WOULD MISS THE ADVERTISING".

PS Go HURRICANES!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 08:08 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Hey Scafremon, since you have seen the "Dimples" first hand, what is your opinion? In the photo they look like they are the size of the Haleakala Crater!!! Is it going to be as bad as I think or am I over reacting AGAIN? Is it bad enough to consider filling and repainting?
Old 06-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by AudioPat
Hey Scafremon, since you have seen the "Dimples" first hand, what is your opinion? In the photo they look like they are the size of the Haleakala Crater!!! Is it going to be as bad as I think or am I over reacting AGAIN? Is it bad enough to consider filling and repainting?
The dimples are not bad enought to consider filling and repainting. They are virtually unnoticeable. I'd say they are less then half the diameter of a pencil's eraser.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:52 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Thanks...now I can sleep tonight
Old 06-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Scafremon

Default Re: California plate sticker date

Originally posted by Rocketscientist
It is interesting to note that when you receive your new yearly registration sticker(s) with the month and year on it, California only sends one sticker and expects you to place that "one" sticker on the rear plate. Those stickers probably cost the State a penny or two. Is that an indication how serious they must be regarding the front plate. I drove my 73 "soft nose" Camero for 15 years with no front plate and was never stopped.
I don't think the lack of a registration sticker on front is an indication of a lack of seriousness. The front plate requirement is more to identify a vehicle. It gives police and crime witnesses more of an opportunity to ID a car. And with photo-law enforcement growing, not to mention toll roads, it could become a law that starts to be enforced more vigorously. I hope not.