Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Flashy color Z's get pulled over more!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007 | 09:18 AM
PerfZ

Twice in the 4.5 years I've had the 350 - let go for 73 in a 55 in Ohio and had it stuck up my a$$ for 85 in a 55 in NC. Mandatory court appearance, had to get a lawyer. BUT my fault so it is what it is. Black SB by the way, stealth as can be.
I would agree that if 10 cars are speeding the brightest one might get pulled over. Human nature IMHO. And never in my life been pulled over for no reason; sorry, I just don't believe it happens. Too many drivers out there doing stupid enough stuff that deserves to be pulled over.
Old 10-24-2007 | 09:57 AM
DJMatrix1067

5 tickets. All very real reasons.

1. 50 in a 30. He used some kind of timing cuz he didnt hit me with radar or laser.

2. 80 in a 70 in middle of nowhere texas. It was late on the day before thanksgiving and I was trying to hurry to make it out of texas before sunset. Little tinyass town cop pulled me over. And said i was riding in the passing lane.

3. 43 in a 40. Got off with a warning and a 20 minute lecture about the impotance of the speed limit.

4. 70 in a 45. Cop managed to catch me as a crested a hill on the service road to the tollway. He got me on a technicality. Speedlimit was 65 mph on the tollway, and he clocked me doing 70 before i had passed the sign saying 65 so therefore i was still on the "onramp" and that was a 45.

5. 109 in a 60. The worst ticket I've ever received. i was lucky that he didnt get me on felony charges. Got put in handcuffs, but was not taken to jail. Scared me so bad, I no longer speed. At all. not 2 mph over.

Of those 5 tickets, 1 of them was in my Z (red). 2 of them in a 93 toyota Camry (that was gold). 1 of them in my girlfriends altima (silver). and the worst ticket of all was in my corvette (torch red).

Sorry, but i don't buy into the whole story OP. you want sympathy for speeding 15 over and you managed to get off with a warning? i consider you LUCKY. Color of the car, make, or model dont change whether or not youre getting pulled over. I had a cop tell me the only time he targets cars are those cars with the dumb fart can exhausts on the back. his exact words - "those cars are begging to be messed with."
Old 10-24-2007 | 10:34 AM
md350

People will say it doesn't matter, that you will only get targeted for breaking the law, which is somewhat true.

But you can see a color like LMS from a mile away fairly easily. If you do something illegal, you're probably going to be noticed, whereas in a more common color a cop may not even be looking from a distance.

Think of yourself driving around...when you see a bright/flashy car out of the corner of your eye, you look, as opposed to just letting it drive by.

Regardless you'll get pulled over if you're doing something wrong...but the chance of "slipping by" is much lower than if you weren't in a bright car.
Old 10-24-2007 | 10:57 AM
SolarOrangeZ

Okay how exactly do you drive a fast car like 350z and not speed, how do you control that? You drive at the speed limit in the 350z and it feels like you are going 10mph.
Old 10-24-2007 | 05:25 PM
MyFairladyZ2006

Nope!
This must be a myth.
I never been caught speeding even in daytime lol
Old 10-24-2007 | 05:56 PM
ZKansasZ

Originally Posted by taurran
I agree... I drive a bright red Z with a body kit, polished lip wheels, and a FMIC and I've never been singled out or harassed by police.

Stop speeding and they won't pull you over.
so true!
Old 10-24-2007 | 08:19 PM
Swimminggerman

My stories a bit different. I was trying to get home one early morning and figured on getting there a little quicker. A SUV speeds past and is cooking, tires are on fire cooking i mean (for an suv) So I think, well heck, ill let him get tagged while i sit on his 6 and ill get home quicker. Sweet, some one to play with basically. Anyways I do about 140 to catch him, hes doing 115. I think, "this guys a nut case doing 115 in an suv" So we are crusing at 115 for a while, then he slows down to 70 as Im on his 6. I think that he thinks Im an officer about to pull him over. I say to my self, nah bro, keep going this is great. Were both getting to where we need in no time at all. So he speeds back up for about another minute and im still on him. Then he slows down again, im thinking what the heck man, keep going. Then he stops in the middle of the road. Now im thinking, what the cripes. AND THEN, lights and sirens. Now i think, F**K. He pulls over on to the shoulder, i pull in front of him. Grab my ID and registration, stick my hand out the window and dont even open my eyes, just thinking oh my god, im done. He pulls up next to me PO'd as all what, says he has an emergency to get to (at 1230 am , without any lights on i might add) and why I was speeding behind him???? I thought two things, because im a smart a** by nature. Lucky for me I said the right one. I told him I was trying to get back home, but I really wanted to say was "I thought you needed back up" I got off with a verbal warning doing 60 over the limit. {My god must love me}

Lesson of the story: Its the Police who are supposed to chase you, not you who chase them.
Old 10-24-2007 | 08:21 PM
Swimminggerman

Old 10-24-2007 | 08:22 PM
Swimminggerman

Originally Posted by SolarOrangeZ
Okay how exactly do you drive a fast car like 350z and not speed, how do you control that? You drive at the speed limit in the 350z and it feels like you are going 10mph.
SOOOO true. People ask me about my MPG all the time, I always answer them, it depends on my right foot. WHich is dang awful hard to control in this car. I can get up to 33 freeway. I usually get about 24 with city/freeway.
Old 10-24-2007 | 09:51 PM
Sunset350ZR

Been singled out but hell I was speeding so what can you say.
Old 10-24-2007 | 09:58 PM
trains1937

Originally Posted by teh215
EX-FRIGGIN-ZACTLY!

This forum seems to be awash with morons that start threads by saying "I was doing 15 - 20 over the limit and the cop pulls me over?! WTF!" They then go on to blame it on everything BUT the fact that they were

BREAKING THE LAW

Now here's a man who speaks clearly and gets right to the point. +1
Old 10-24-2007 | 10:09 PM
vandyG

quit being a baby and get a radar detector and laser blocker...

problem solved,

but still don't drive like a reckless idiot
Old 10-24-2007 | 10:16 PM
vandyG

My closest call was when i was driving down 65 between TN and AL, and this blue three fifty pulled up next to me and gunned it...

i went, and he smoked me (i think he downshifted to 3rd, i went to 4th @80mph)
and we got to like 100+ and passed a state trooper in the median

the dude pulled over but i just sped up and exited down the road

don't know what happened to him, but i'm pretty sure that cop saw us
Old 10-24-2007 | 10:58 PM
DJMatrix1067

Laser shifting all the way. just after i posted earlier today, I was driving and as i came around a blind late apex turn, there was a cop about 500 yards down the road facing me. shot laser directly at my detector and it went off like mad. he flips a u-turn behind me and grabs the truck that was running next to me at the same exact speed. he shot me for sure with laser and could have had me. i was doing 50 in a 40.
Old 10-25-2007 | 08:14 AM
z stud 13
Banned

to the op, think about it. your a cop your kinda payin attention to the oncomin traffic lookin for speeders, you see white cars and silver cars and black cars and beige cars, and wham a bright easy to see sports car drives by speeding, duh. the fact that the color stands out of the croud(which im guessing is why you like it) is the same reason a cop will see you. but i did drive a bright red mustang w/ loud exhuast for a year anda half and never got pulled over, to sum it up DONT BE A DUMBA$$ WHEN YOUR DRIVING AN EXOTIC LOOKING CAR, SIMPLE AS THAT!

Last edited by z stud 13; 10-25-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2007 | 08:37 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

I have a DB Z and have been pulled over less than when i was in a white Camry. Go figure....
Old 10-25-2007 | 08:57 AM
raycs7

I have several 350Z's.
Comparing 2 daily drivers.
I have been pulled over with the LS several times. [no tickets]
I have never been pulled over with the Silverstone.
BTW, never had a ticket [58 yo] and drive both the same way.
Old 10-25-2007 | 08:59 AM
dam294

I agree with most of the guys above. Stop speeding and they'll stop pulling you over.

I've had my DB Z since November '02. I've been pulled over once and I deserved it (passing in a no passing zone). But damn, in 14 years driving that same road almost every day, I've never seen a State Patrol on that road either before or since.
Old 10-25-2007 | 09:51 AM
fatinma

Originally Posted by DJMatrix1067
Scared me so bad, I no longer speed. At all. not 2 mph over.

Originally Posted by DJMatrix1067
Laser shifting all the way. just after i posted earlier today, .... i was doing 50 in a 40.

Quick Reply: Flashy color Z's get pulled over more!