Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lemon Law Process

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:06 PM
DRFTER_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon Law Process

Hey Everyone, unfortunately its that time. I have a 2006 Z with some major issues, I have read up on some of the law and have determined what to expect, but I still have some questions. How do I start? Is an attorney really necessary? Do I go to the Dealership where it was purchased or Nissan Corp.? I have searched but I have gotten different results. Guys who have done this please chime in. I just want out of this car!!!!!! I mean I still want a Z, an 07, but not this one. 3 Trannies later, multiple problems with o2 sensors going off when nissan can't find the problem thats causing them to go off and a long list of kinks and noises. Thanks, any input is greatly appreciated. And thanks Jeff.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:09 AM
imjdoggie

Get a Lemon Law Attorney, he will do everything for you. You just have to make sure you have all your service work documented. My Lemon Law Lawyer did everything all I had to do was fax paperwork back and forth. I have an 06 too and Lemoned it I got $7000 back which the lawyer took $2000.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
Get a Lemon Law Attorney
Old 11-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Nick204k

Google "Lemon Law Attorney Near (zip code)"

And you should get some good results. But watch out... find the best one!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:19 AM
DRFTER_Z

Get a Lemon Law Attorney, he will do everything for you. You just have to make sure you have all your service work documented. My Lemon Law Lawyer did everything all I had to do was fax paperwork back and forth. I have an 06 too and Lemoned it I got $7000 back which the lawyer took $2000.

Did you stay with your lemon 06 or did they replace it. thats really what i want, just a replacement.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:59 AM
imjdoggie

I still have it and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. I had my car in for tranny problems 7 times until the finally replaced the tranny, now the problems have gone away but who knows what's next. The more I think about it I'll probably keep it until the factory warranty runs out at 36k, I am way ahead of the game because I actually paid $23500 for the car new in feb 07 it was a left over then I got $5000 back from Nissan so I paid $18500 for a new Z, not too bad of a deal.............................actually it was a pain in the *** constantly having it at the dealer I should have been given a new GTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by imjdoggie; 11-07-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:28 AM
CaliTouring

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow you lawyer robbed you! my lawyer got the job done, got my money, and kept nothing. he sued nissan and got 2500 for his services. i lost 1200 due to mileage and got 8400 bux back.

to the OP, ive spoken with you through PM and i was wondering if you gave my lawyer and call. if you did what did he say?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:39 AM
DRFTER_Z

CaliTouring, I sent ya a PM
Old 11-07-2007, 11:39 AM
jmarascojr

I just went through the entire process by myself, no lawyer.

As soon as I got a case number, which took about 3-4 weeks from when I started the paperwork, Nissan called me to re-purchase my car.

I'm coming out about 1000 short, cause of after market mods they didn't give me full value for, but its better than nothing.

Its very doable by yourself.
I should be getting my check from Nissan in the next week or so.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to PM me.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:00 AM
FishE

Default Not really needed

Depending on what state you live in will determine if you should get a lawyer or not.

From what I have read in the Florida "Lemon Law," if you can get the simple documentation, know what a certified letter-return receipt, and understand how to count on a calendar, then there should be no need to hire a lawyer. If you end up in arbitration with Nissan and the state, then you should get a lawyer. Here's the good thing about Florida...if you hire a lawyer for arbitration, the auto manufacture has to pay "reasonable" expenses, to include a lawyer.

Check the Better Business Bureau BBB AUTOLINE site for state specific information:

http://us.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SitePage.a...d-8182f4e4a949
Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 AM
350zx6r

can somebody enlighten me ? i found this on bbb.org

LEMON LAW RIGHTS PERIOD
The Lemon Law Rights Period established by the lemon law is the period ending 24
months after the date of original delivery of the vehicle to a consumer.

because I purchased my vehicle back in august of 2006... it is 3 years old now... does that mean I dont qualify?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:22 PM
XXL

^ thats what my guess would be
Old 08-20-2009, 02:10 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Pretty sure lemon laws are governed by state law, and each state might be different. Worth checking into I would think. FYI, my business partner used the lemon law to get rid of his wife's Windstar about 6 years ago - did it himself without any attorney and got back every nickle he paid, including interest. He ended up getting a year newer Windstar for less money and 0% interest. Win win. His problem was an airbag light that would not stay off, and they could not say for sure whether the airbags would work, so it was a bona fide safety issue, which probably helped his cause - there was absolutely no hassle.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:22 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zx6r
can somebody enlighten me ? i found this on bbb.org

LEMON LAW RIGHTS PERIOD
The Lemon Law Rights Period established by the lemon law is the period ending 24
months after the date of original delivery of the vehicle to a consumer.

because I purchased my vehicle back in august of 2006... it is 3 years old now... does that mean I dont qualify?
Lemon Laws vary by state. As the posts above read - contact a Lemon Law attorney in your state.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:13 PM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still have it and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. I had my car in for tranny problems 7 times until the finally replaced the tranny, now the problems have gone away but who knows what's next. The more I think about it I'll probably keep it until the factory warranty runs out at 36k, I am way ahead of the game because I actually paid $23500 for the car new in feb 07 it was a left over then I got $5000 back from Nissan so I paid $18500 for a new Z, not too bad of a deal.............................actually it was a pain in the *** constantly having it at the dealer I should have been given a new GTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The drive train warranty is 5 yrs and 60K miles.

bill
Old 08-23-2009, 08:21 AM
350zx6r

yeah i know.. my car is at 55.6k miles now, one engine replaced and the car drinks more oil than with the original engine (2 quarts every 800-900 miles)... i cant stay w/o a car again. im thinking about doing it myself because I found a lawyer online and he said that nissan will pay for all cost including interest etc like mentioned before however he said that there are "other" fee that they dont pay which I would have to "share" what I get back from nissan. im a little skeptical about doing it with a lawyer.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:52 AM
PerfZ

Get a copy of your states Lemon Law, understand it fully as far as what is covered, and pursue it yourself. You may be able to find a lawyer that will give you advice for a reduced fee - there are lots of unemployed/under employed lawyers these days due to the economy - should you need it. You are going to need a lot of patience - keep your emotions out of it and keep your eye on the prize.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:27 PM
TRAVONthePHENOM

I bought an 03 Z in march with 48k on it,switched to synthetic,now i have been hearing a lifter knock type of sound when i cold start it in the morning and the other day the oil psi gauge was down to 0 and the oil light on the dash came on,i checked the stick and there was nothing on it!! almost bone dry, anyone know what the prob could be? it doesnt leak a drop and the mileage is too low for problems,but i dont know how it was treated by the previous owner,maybe they beat the **** out of it for the the first 48k? i am thinking of trying to return this POS i payed 16k for it and have nothing but problems,i thought this was supposed to be an awesome car!!! not a money pit...help???
Old 08-25-2009, 04:46 AM
PerfZ

Originally Posted by TRAVONthePHENOM
I bought an 03 Z in march with 48k on it,switched to synthetic,now i have been hearing a lifter knock type of sound when i cold start it in the morning and the other day the oil psi gauge was down to 0 and the oil light on the dash came on,i checked the stick and there was nothing on it!! almost bone dry, anyone know what the prob could be? it doesnt leak a drop and the mileage is too low for problems,but i dont know how it was treated by the previous owner,maybe they beat the **** out of it for the the first 48k? i am thinking of trying to return this POS i payed 16k for it and have nothing but problems,i thought this was supposed to be an awesome car!!! not a money pit...help???
Um, thinking this should be a new thread topic. This would NOT qualify under any lemon law, or any other law that I am aware of. I would tend to agree with your synopsis of how the previous owner treated it, and that is a great example of how having a mechanic check the car over, including a compression test, is always a good idea.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:42 AM
TRAVONthePHENOM

Yea I was given a car fax when I bought the car and everything checked out ok,but they also said it was never hit but yet I found 2 small areas on both rear quarters that had been patched up with bondo and now I wonder what else is being hidden from me or the carfax?!?! cosmetics are not my main concern,it's making sure the engine is sound with only 55k on it,I just keep wondering why it makes a knock noise when I first start it up and why oil pressure just seems to decrease without any signs of leakage,I am seriously thinking about contacting Nissan Corp. and having them deal with it seeing as how the dealership I bought it from keeps telling me theres nothing they can do for me and uses the line "what do you expect,it's a used car"

Quick Reply: Lemon Law Process