2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

coupe vs roadster handling

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=alphableak83]
your opinion

Naw. It's the truth. Kinda like how non GT Mustangs are slow.

if you know anything about racing a car you don't keep you eyes glued on the road or your competition, its about listening/feeling your car, and my car will only be driven in nice weather so i care about nice weather

LOL. What kinda CRAP is this? lol.I've already tracked my car and did quite well. Didn't see any drop tops of any make or model there either. I guess if I am listening to the car and not paying attention to the road, I guess I can just careen off the nearest turn and go straight into a wall?

again your opinoin, how old are you again?

Naw, it's another fact. I am 25. How old are you because some of your argumentative statements lend yourself to being a pre-teen.

as far as women driving a nice car, i've seen women drive 600+rwhp track cars and would spank you around the track all day long in fact you probably got owned by a chick already, so like i said how old are you?

Good for them. No, I have never lost to a girl but then again, I really don't street race either. I probably got owned by a chick already? How old are you, now? 7?

and thanks to those few people that actually read my post, and answered it without going on how the zr is ugly, haha, .2 seconds isn't that bad, with some mods, weight reduction, and practice with the zr i will be fine, thanks again

I prefer to have all of the attributes of the superior car without any modifications that you listed above. Considering the fact that the coupe is superior from the factory from a performance standpoint AND it looks better, I'll take the coupe and you can have the wind in your hair
Old 11-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by Overlord#1
OMG she knows how to edit quotes, want a cookie? Come on over here and daddy will give you a cookie.

Back on topic.

I like my roadster. Pick the car based on what oyu want. As many have said test drive them both.

LOL @ she.

What kind of cookies do you have? Can I get one warmed-up, si vous plais?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Was that seriously called for?

Sorry. Been dealing with the DNF crew on this site for awhile and their sense of humor has grown on me as far as editing other people's posts.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 AM
maxpowers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back when I bought my ZR in '04, I went in with the intention of buying a coupe. I test drove both and ended up purchasing a ZR because I enjoyed the feeling of a Roadster (even considering its a whole .2 seconds 0-60 slower).

So like it was stated before, base your decision on whether a roadster in general floats your boat and how much you value the top-down experience vs. the compromises (i.e. are you purchasing the car for the track or for cruising).

If you choose the roadster, then you have a whole other decision to make; S2000, used boxster, used TT roadster etc..). Other things to keep in mind when choosing a Roadster; it is louder on the highway with the top up, there is less security if you like to leave valuables in the cabin, it costs more, less trunk space (but with the top down you can get pretty big objects in the cabin)...
Old 11-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Overlord#1

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't get all EMO Overlord.
I am not.

Coupes are ugly, heavier and TYPICALLY a lot of women drive them.
Did you mean roadster here smarts?

There's a reason why more people have coupes- because they are the superior car.
Oh I see so you are the type of guy who cares what others think. More people have them therefore its better!!! Nice reasoning here, again sounds like a 12 year old.

Having the top down so you can feel the sun on your face and the wind in your hair FTL. lol.
Why is that FTL? I like it.

You must also complain about the noise the tires make as they roll on the ground.
Nope, you are wrong, I don't mind it at all.

I don't mind. Besides, I can't hear it when the turbo is spooling
Wasn't that removed? An illegal turbo. Again though you want a cookie?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Djnaz

There's a reason why more people have coupes- because they are the superior car
I would think more people have the coupes because there have been more coupes made.... They might be a better all around car but i wouldnt say superior
Old 11-14-2007, 09:00 AM
iStan
ZR

Originally Posted by alphableak83
as far as i'm concerned this thread is complete
Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 AM
A3VT 74

The arguement is useless. They are both the same. Non of them are superior than the other. They both have the same engine and parts with very minor differences... About the difference of 0.2 sec.. give it a margin of error and the 0.2 goes bye bye.
It all comes down to choices... There are more coupes than roadsters because; the roadster is more expensive (35,630 starting price vs 27,980 for the coupe) and because there is more demand for the coupe. The climate plays an important role... Not a lot of people are willing to buy the roadster, and pay the extra 7,000, when they can only enjoy the car the top down for a very short period of time each year...

If the coupe was superior then why would Nissan sell the superior car for an inferior price....

case closed.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by Overlord#1

Wasn't that removed? An illegal turbo. Again though you want a cookie?

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/313043-blu_blur-is-back-info-pics.html

Includes some beautiful pics which further substantiates that aesthetically, coupes > roadsters.

In addition, we all know that coupes respond better to boost than roadsters.

Last edited by Blu_Blur; 11-14-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by A3VT 74
The arguement is useless. They are both the same. Non of them are superior than the other. They both have the same engine and parts with very minor differences... About the difference of 0.2 sec.. give it a margin of error and the 0.2 goes bye bye.
It all comes down to choices... There are more coupes than roadsters because; the roadster is more expensive (35,630 starting price vs 27,980 for the coupe) and because there is more demand for the coupe. The climate plays an important role... Not a lot of people are willing to buy the roadster, and pay the extra 7,000, when they can only enjoy the car the top down for a very short period of time each year...

If the coupe was superior then why would Nissan sell the superior car for an inferior price....

case closed.
Again, roadsters don't look as good, they are heavier, slower, have less structural rigidity, more mechanical components that can cause problems, potentially less security, easier to damage (the 'roof') and cause further problems if there is bad weather- and all for what? A bigger price tag? It's probably just due to the equipment to 'drop the top' which they sold to you for an outrageous premium.

All of these 'negatives' for a larger sticker price. Yeah, nice. I'll take one of thsoe.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Djnaz

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313043

Includes some beautiful pics which further substantiates that aesthetically, coupes > roadsters.

In addition, we all know that coupes respond better to boost than roadsters.
what are you talking about?!?! how can a hard top designate how well a motor will respond to boost???

So for instance since you are attracted to blondes more than brunettes a blonde will respond to s'ing your D better because shes blonde?!? your on crack
Old 11-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Djnaz

And Blu Blur your car is very nice i do respect the coupes as much as the roadsters.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by Djnaz
And Blu Blur your car is very nice i do respect the coupes as much as the roadsters.

Thanks, man.

By-the-way, the whole coupes and the boost thing was a joke. I was going over board with that one and apparently you fell-over with me. LOL!

Hehehehehe.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Delako

*laughs!*

BluBlur, you need some therapy. Something in your life is making you angry..and you are projecting ALL your anger at the Roadster!

Perhaps some desensitization therapy would help? *parks my roadster next to your coupe*

see...it won't bite...
Old 11-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by Delako
*laughs!*

BluBlur, you need some therapy. Something in your life is making you angry..and you are projecting ALL your anger at the Roadster!

Perhaps some desensitization therapy would help? *parks my roadster next to your coupe*

see...it won't bite...

*starts to convulse and foam at the mouth*

AIEEEEEEEEE!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:44 PM
reden

Coupe is way better. I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but a ZR will increase your insurance, plus the ZR is ugly as f.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:45 PM
iStan
ZR

Originally Posted by reden
Coupe is way better.
In San Diego, I can't how how that's possibly true. If/When I move to SD, I'm removing the soft top
Old 11-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by reden
Coupe is way better. I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but a ZR will increase your insurance, plus the ZR is ugly as f.

Correct.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by istan
In San Diego, I can't how how that's possibly true. If/When I move to SD, I'm removing the soft top

The whole top down thing is sooo over rated. It's not that big of a deal.

As long as I have windows, and I can still see what a beautiful say it is around me, that's all I need.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
TheGest

personal preferance

Quick Reply: coupe vs roadster handling