Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Vandalism...gotta love it.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 06:13 PM
theseb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know what sucks is this happened to me last night. driver side mirror, just dangling. came on here looking for repair tips, too. brought me to this thread.

luckily my mirror is broken, and neither is the housing for it, just the plastic bracket that holds it all in place.

such ********.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Project3fiftyZ

I just became a member of the broken side mirror club as well. Went outside and found the drivers side mirror dangling by the wiring. The actual mirror and the painted cover around it are fine. No damage to that or the car at all. It broke right at the base of the black plastic piece that extends from the door. From what I am reading on the forum it looks like my only option is to replace it.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:49 AM
DukeEntDotCom
blah

Originally Posted by Project3fiftyZ
I just became a member of the broken side mirror club as well. Went outside and found the drivers side mirror dangling by the wiring. The actual mirror and the painted cover around it are fine. No damage to that or the car at all. It broke right at the base of the black plastic piece that extends from the door. From what I am reading on the forum it looks like my only option is to replace it.
From what I could tell, you have to buy the whole piece together. I ordered mine, and was wondering if I could take the mirror apart from the plastic bracket so I could use the new bracket and old mirror. This way, I don't have to take the new one to get painted.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Project3fiftyZ

+1 on that.... my mirror is at the dealer. If i can just swap out the painted portion to the new base that would fantastic. Does anyone know if we can pull this off or do we need to get our new mirrors painted? If I have to get it painted I might as well have the guys in paint pick up the mirror and have at it.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:28 PM
DukeEntDotCom
blah

Originally Posted by Project3fiftyZ
+1 on that.... my mirror is at the dealer. If i can just swap out the painted portion to the new base that would fantastic. Does anyone know if we can pull this off or do we need to get our new mirrors painted? If I have to get it painted I might as well have the guys in paint pick up the mirror and have at it.
I know this is a bit late, but I had the dealer use the housing from the old mirror so I didn't have to get it painted. They bitched a little because they said there is a chance that something can break inside...

I told the guy...you guys are the experts...figure it out.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:32 PM
jcleary47

I don't know what kind of coverage you have, but wouldn't the repairs for the mirror and the dents be at least $200-$400? If you have a deductible under $500 wouldn't comprehensive cover that?
Old 02-18-2008, 12:44 PM
jray8

to me, that shows the success of Nissan, people are jealous, sorry that had to happen man, get a camera from walmart and post it above your door, thats what i did, im still waiting on the price of the dvd recorder to drop so i can sleep in peace(hopefully). The cameras aren't that expensive and are easy to install. good luck!
Old 02-18-2008, 05:53 PM
samej82

Originally Posted by DukeEntDotCom
Someone did this to my Z in the daytime while it was in my driveway...

I was able to buff out the black scuff marks, although the bottom one left a small dent. They also left a small dent in my hood and scuff marks on my passenger headlight.

Would it be worth attempting to re-assemble to plastic pieces that hold the mirror and, if so, what would I use to bond it? Also, what can I use to remove the marks on my headlight cover?

Thanks.
Looks like sneaker marks on the doors. The dent was probably from them sitting on it. I hate when people post up on your car like its their own then taking pics...
Then when you tell them to get the F* off the car they give you attitude about it.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:19 AM
DraGonAlchemist

wait. .did what. .i dont see any pictures!!. .sniff. . .
Sup With that????
Old 02-19-2008, 04:25 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Carteret.
Now I understand... Might as well be in Newark.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:38 AM
DraGonAlchemist

I do not like parking anywhere in NJ from central UP. .it's like jelousy rules what people do. I try to keep the Z as stock looking as possible as to not get vandalized as well or even stolen. .
people down in say. .BRICK area arent that bad. .i kinda feel safer parking places there, also due to the fact that there are a bazillion cops around as well. .

least at my house Driveways go around back of my house where i park so no cars are seen from the road. .
Sux for me living near Rutger's as well. .got all these damn College Kids Drunk and Loose. .anything can happen!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:51 PM
DukeEntDotCom
blah

Originally Posted by jcleary47
I don't know what kind of coverage you have, but wouldn't the repairs for the mirror and the dents be at least $200-$400? If you have a deductible under $500 wouldn't comprehensive cover that?
They didn't cover it...
Old 02-19-2008, 12:53 PM
DukeEntDotCom
blah

Originally Posted by phreaktor
Now I understand... Might as well be in Newark.
lol...
Old 02-19-2008, 01:26 PM
luxuriouslexie

That sucks to hear. And yes you can shoot someone for trespassing onto your property. You might stir up some problems if you kill them. Otherwise you'd be fine..

Some ****er jumped on my hood a few months back putting dents and taking off paint when they did it... Be careful! Never know who's jealous...
Old 02-19-2008, 02:39 PM
stev3

damn that sucks
Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 PM
boogy886

They didn't cover it...
Usually if you file a police report, your insurance will cover vandalism.
The police will give you all kinds of **** bc they know they aren't gonna catch the guy, but for some reason, insurance will fork over the cash if they have a police report in hand.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 PM
NismoFan47

It hurts me so much to see these Z's being vandalized and we have to pay for it! Now I'm really paranoid about my car...

It's funny cuz my Z cost $21k, and people will vandalize it, but they won't vandalize a $40k ugly SUV.

Fortunately I have a garage space, but that doesn't help when I go to school and park. : (
Old 02-23-2008, 09:38 AM
DukeEntDotCom
blah

Originally Posted by boogy886
Usually if you file a police report, your insurance will cover vandalism.
The police will give you all kinds of **** bc they know they aren't gonna catch the guy, but for some reason, insurance will fork over the cash if they have a police report in hand.
Ah ok...it's too late now...

I will keep this in mind, but hopefully there will not be a "next time" that I would have to remember this information for.