Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer "Showing" in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 11:07 PM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer "Showing" in Toronto

Ok. There is a meeting somewhere in or around Toronto this weekend. My dealer is not going. I asked if it was at headquarters in Mississauga and he said NO. Nissan showings are usually at closed locations where the cars will be inside, away from the public. I bet if there are enough pre-order guys outside, they will let us just look at the car to see what we ordered. So get on the ringer and do some investigative work to find out where the shoing will be held.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:31 AM
vanstorm16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing here in Vancouver. There is a private showing for dealers only. All I could get out of them was that it was at a place downtown, possibly a hotel?
Old 08-08-2002, 01:15 AM
sov

For Toronto, that is where they are going to give the Track model to the winner of the CTV contest
Old 08-08-2002, 02:20 AM
vanstorm16

CTV contest? Sounds like I missed something!
Old 08-08-2002, 04:03 AM
netviper

nah u didn't cause I didn't win someone from nova scotia that probably knows nothing about the Z won
Old 08-08-2002, 07:17 AM
JMPoulin

so where is this showing?
my dealer tells me my car has been built in July and will just show up in a few weeks . he has no VIN no. for me, so i am sure he is just full of it
I orderd in Feb and like the rest of you I an dying to get my hands on this car

Woodchester Nissan stay away they are useless. they told me that this car has just been a big pian in the butt for them.
Nice attitude

Silverstone all options
Old 08-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Canadian350Z

Hey JMPoulin,

Ordered mine from Woodchester too. Where on the list are you? In the first allocation? I've tried calling them too for my VIN but no luck.

The closer winter gets the more frustrated I get with the whole thing!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:32 AM
vanstorm16

Honestly, it really seems like we know more than the dealers about this car and what's going on! I've talked to several dealers, each with a different story. Its almost funny.

When I ordered my Z, I basically had to guide the manager through the different models and choices!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:42 AM
Canadian350Z

I did get a bit of info today.... I asked about the convertible and how much it would cost...

guy said an additional $10K....

don't know if it's worth it but, if the car takes any longer I'm only going to get a couple of months out of it b/f parked for the winter (unlike you guys out there in B.C.).. and, buy the time spring comes back around.... the money saved in payments could be budgeted toward the conv....

At that point you can start looking at the TT, S2000, Boxters... heck, when is the RX-8 coming out?....

They better get their heads screwed on straight....
Old 08-08-2002, 04:09 PM
bobbyz

I'm a little worried my car will come in the snow as well. How the hell do they want us to drive it home it there is snow on the ground and the car comes with performance tires? Anyway, about the VIN, my dealer West of T.O., says that he doesnt get the VIN until the car is off loaded at port of entry (Vancouver). So maybe thats why no Canadians have gotten the VIN yet.
Old 08-08-2002, 05:15 PM
fatZo

Default VIN once they are IN

Originally posted by bobbyz
..., my dealer West of T.O., says that he doesnt get the VIN until the car is off loaded at port of entry (Vancouver). So maybe thats why no Canadians have gotten the VIN yet.
That indeed is the case.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:01 PM
azmo

We always get the shaft man. No nice black confirmation envelope, no cd packet, and no vins till much later. Then again getting the Z at a cheaper price then in the US makes up for it.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:13 PM
fatZo

Originally posted by azmo
We always get the shaft man. No nice black confirmation envelope, no cd packet, and no vins till much later. Then again getting the Z at a cheaper price then in the US makes up for it.
I'd rather get the car at a slightly higher price than get the shaft ... Just get me my Z damn it! I bet you they make the US spec cars before the Canadian ones ...
Old 08-08-2002, 06:29 PM
bobbyz

Spoke to someone at Agincourt Infinity Nissan yesterday and they said they dont htink they are getting any until mid September
Old 08-08-2002, 06:29 PM
azmo

Dont even say that man. That would really make me feel like a second class customer. On the other hand our pre-order pocess started a month later so production would begin a month later as well.
Old 08-09-2002, 01:47 AM
vanstorm16

Check out the thread concerning webcams at the port of Vancouver. There's some information on there that I found on the web as to which terminal Nissan offloads their cars in Vancouver which might be of interest. NO schedules to be found though.
Old 08-09-2002, 02:24 AM
bobbyz

Go to ontariozcar.com
Looks like us Canadians are finally going to get a public viewing of the cars. 3 or 4 will be there on Sunday for Z fest...It will be the best $5.00 I have ever spent...and thats five dollars Canadian which is like what? a nickle U.S.
Old 08-09-2002, 05:04 AM
netviper

Ill see u there. U don't need a Z car to go right? Ill take my Red '90 240sx with 50,000KM and after market leather. Amazing shape.
Old 08-09-2002, 06:12 AM
JMPoulin

Originally posted by Canadian350Z
Hey JMPoulin,

Ordered mine from Woodchester too. Where on the list are you? In the first allocation? I've tried calling them too for my VIN but no luck.

The closer winter gets the more frustrated I get with the whole thing!
I am in the first allocation so they say. They say they are getting July production cars and I am one of them. They really don't have a clue. They just say anuthing just to get you out of the building. I st bought a G35 for my wife and I leased it from a leasing company for less than from Woodchester. They are quite weak
Old 08-09-2002, 06:13 AM
JMPoulin

Originally posted by vanstorm16
Honestly, it really seems like we know more than the dealers about this car and what's going on! I've talked to several dealers, each with a different story. Its almost funny.

When I ordered my Z, I basically had to guide the manager through the different models and choices!
Same here they were totally lost

Quick Reply: Dealer "Showing" in Toronto