Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

"Either the Z goes or I go!"...that's what she said...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 03:27 PM
trash259

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just run her *** over w/ the Z
Old 06-06-2003, 04:59 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man....If she's going to be like that ..she'll make you choose over anything that you hold dear.

The Z just happens to be on the top of your list. I'm sure if you had a TV you spend your time glued to..she'll make you choose over that.

It all comes down to the principal of it. The Z is your hobby....it's who you are and she's asking you to change. You let go of one of the things you hold dearly..it'll only get bigger and bigger until you're a totally different person.

point is: fug it....you are who you are..don't give anyone leverage to change you ..you're not them..they just have to learn to love and live with it.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:11 PM
apsilon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW if your account of the situation is correct you did the right thing, but...

If you do love her as you say you do you should at least try and work things out. She may see how unreasonable she's being. Tell her if she wants you to get rid of the Z because it MAY attract attention from other women tell her you'll do it if she gets rid of her clothes, makeup, jewelery, hair etc that MAY attract attention from other men. Childish yes but it may be the wakeup she needs. If not enjoy the Z
Old 06-06-2003, 05:36 PM
thackattk

Sounds like her loss. I think you're definitely making the right decision in keeping the car. Good luck
Old 06-06-2003, 05:49 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

pack her bags and leave them at the front door.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:11 PM
missy1101

WoW!!!

Im getting my Z very soon and luckily for me I am doing it while 100% single. There are 2 things that will come first. My Reef tank and my Z. My priorities are in order!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 07:14 PM
raceboy
Banned

F that beeatchhh!!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 07:15 PM
shaneotool

Originally posted by missy1101
WoW!!!

Im getting my Z very soon and luckily for me I am doing it while 100% single. There are 2 things that will come first. My Reef tank and my Z. My priorities are in order!!!
Is "reef tank" slang for a bong?
Old 06-06-2003, 07:20 PM
missy1101

Originally posted by shaneotool
Is "reef tank" slang for a bong?

Reef tank is slang for my 125 gallon aquarium
Old 06-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Enron Exec

Do u see a patern here armanid?

The fact you even would consider giving up your 350Z for your girl friend's sake shows u are the more giving of the 2 in this relationship. From your side of the story, I think there is no doubt you are much more then fair and you should have no problem replacing your last GF.

And these guys are right, she has the tall tell signs of a bad partner. You are better off w/o her in the long run.

Hey missy, what fishes and invertebrates do u have in there? I got a 72 gallon bow tie front reef tank but only have a clown trigger left. Things tend to disapear over night....

Last edited by Enron Exec; 06-06-2003 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:27 PM
missy1101

I would look at the trigger as the culprit. Ive got a foxface, a yellow tang, a tomato clown, blue damsel couple of chromis a scooter blenny. A few softy corals and quite a few sps frags that I just got and am hoping they grow soon. Reefing is an amazing hobby. Keep up the reefin and the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzin.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:06 PM
Enron Exec

I love my clown trigger, too bad he likes to make so much trouble.

Before I got the trigger, I had a lil purple pygmy angel with a yellow face and formosa wrasse. They where bagged in the same bag at the fish store and where together for only a few minutes for the short ride home. But for some reason, the angel thought the wrasse was his buddy or something and would follow it everywhere for almost 2 months. He wouldnt let that wrasse out of his sight for more then a second. I thought that was the cuttest thing ive ever seen.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:25 PM
cyberz350

Man, I've been with my chick for over 4yrs, if she EVER pulled some shiet like, I would calmly explain to her how retarded she sounded, and if she persisted on making me choose between her and getting rid my Z...ha...3 words...Kiss my aZZ. Luckily my girl loves the Z. So I guess she's aight, hahaha
Old 06-06-2003, 10:35 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by Micas
Based on your version of the story - absolutely.. let her go.. You just rid yourself of a total control freak.

But maybe her version is:

armanid bought this stupid car and now all he does is obsess over it. We used to go out to dinner on Friday night's and now all he does is wax the car. He won't do anything with me on the weekends, because he's always out driving the damn car. All he talks about is the car, and all he wants to spend money on is mods for it. I can't take it anymore!

If that's her version.. the problem may be you..
Remember, there are 2 sides to a story and Micas may have hit her side of the story. Think about it, if she has her issues and your are ignoring them, you may have to reassess your car fix. I don't mean get rid of it, but don't let it be central to your existence. I know its hard, but you have to let up sometime, What am I saying?, it is central to my existence.

Humor, but more true than false, back up and look outside the situation, she might have just cause to be upset, but saying to choose between her and the Z is not very mature. On the other hand, do you care enough about her to modify your obsession w/the Z?
Old 06-06-2003, 10:51 PM
evo

its funny how my gf a I just had a conversation about this last night, and today i read about this thread...

our conclusion...
i will be willing to give up a nice car (like the Z) for my girl
but if she makes me choose -- the Z go or I go?... sorry but the car stays

its immature for her to make you choose like that. but like the others have pointed out. there are 2 sides to a story. you might want to take a step back and see if you might be wrong at certain things too, maybe think about what caused her to say this. 5 years is a long time, she must mean something to you, dont do anything you will regret later on. best of luck.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:43 PM
bam025

don't worry my friend, you will now pull 10 times the *** without her...woohoo!
Old 06-07-2003, 12:58 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Default the choice is soooooo obvious..

There are sooooo many women -- and soooooo few Z's in the world.

The one passion ... the Z -- and she makes you choose ???

BYE !!!!!!!!!! Damn, decisions are sometimes so simple...

(PS... Forget all the psychological B.S. advice in this thread, IMO))
Old 06-07-2003, 01:27 AM
the7ferret

I had that exact same question but it was about my motorcycle. She says that she was "scared" for me. HA, yea i said that I am keeping the bike cause it is something that I enjoy. And I will only give it up if she gives up her ballet (SHE loves it more than she did me apparently). Yea, so tell her that she has to give up somehting of equal value and then and only then give up the Z. However take your time selling it!

BTW i still have the bike, and im looking for a new girl. (only knew her for little over a year) that was a few weeks ago. Trust me controllig women are not fun. It took my blind grandfather to see that she was controlling me. Go figure
Old 06-07-2003, 03:23 AM
jasonh1234

I too have a nightmare girl friend from hell. Don't let the fact that you've been with her for a long time hold you back.

If I were in your shoes, I'd ditch the b1tch even faster than I plan to ditch mine. (Once it's convienient for me to do so.)
Old 06-07-2003, 05:40 AM
99AllTurbo

Originally posted by vice86
My wife says I CAN'T have a motorcycle..."over my dead body or divorce"...guess where I'm going right after her funeral.
That's some funny **** bro.

When my wife and I first dated, I told her how much I was into cars (since I was a little kid). Now that we're married I warned her not to ever try and make me stop doing what I love (although I admit I'm sick!). Between magazines, the internet at work, then at home, and I love cleaning the Z, she's right I AM sick. It'll never change and she knows it, and she's learned to not hate it (and learned to deal with it. Besides, she loves the Z).

If this girls goes, make sure the next one KNOWS that this is the way it is. Good luck!

Quick Reply: "Either the Z goes or I go!"...that's what she said...