Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

"Either the Z goes or I go!"...that's what she said...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 11:06 AM
armanid27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Either the Z goes or I go!"...that's what she said...

This is a statement that I never expected would be the result of my first Toy since I have been with my girl for 5 years!

You know, I just do not get it....she has always had things she wanted; shoes, dresses; girls-nite-out..and just about anything a significant other asks of you to have....now, finally I decided a few months ago to get a Z, and although I have never been happier..she started to get jeaolus..I mean so what If I prefer to wax my Z on Friday nites once in a while geez..let me enjoy the last few pleasures in life..

Anyway, to make a long story short..she gave me an ultimatum after she had just about enough with all the attention I would get from other girls while we were driving...

well...forget it..I'm not getting rid of my Z just because you feel insecure about our lrelationship..so I told her to walk if that was her choice...after 5 years of being together....I'd hate to lose her this way, but does anyone else here feel I should sell my Z to please her?

I do not think so...now her whole family hates me, because I chose my Z over her and it's not like that..they are 2 different loves of my life...at least I still have my Z!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:20 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

She made a big mistake. Never make a person make a choice unless you (her in this case) can live with the decision. Do you really want a girl that is trying to control you? I think that when you answer that question, you will get your answer on what you want to do.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:23 AM
noel48

Sounds like she's insecure and rather selfish.I see all sorts of red flags in your relationship.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:25 AM
jleighZ

I think you did the right thing. Anyone that insecure, especially over the attention someone *might* get over a car will just find something else down the road to manipulate you with.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:25 AM
CaneZMD

That's scary man. I think there are some deeper issues than just the Z.

My wife won't stop buying me accessories for the Z!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:26 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Yup. DEFINITELY move on from that one! If she's insecure enough to make you sell your car, then she's got deeper issues than that.

General rule: If you REALLY love someone, you don't make them choose. If they REALLY love you back, they always choose you voluntarily.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Alang

You made the absolutly 100% correct choice. If it wasn't the Z it would have been anything else that you enjoyed. Sounds like she wanted to have her fun, but didn't want you to have yours. Get someone that supports you in your pleasures and interests and you will be much happier.

Good Luck, and stick to your guns. She may just be "testing" you to see how far you will go. Once she finds out you are serious, she might want to reconcile only to start driving the wedge again at a later date.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:04 PM
suprblkperformance

Default what the f**k

What is it with women? I don't mean to be sexist or anything but I really can't see the reverse of this situation, a guy telling a girl to get rid of her car. Honestly, you made the right decision, especially since its a $30K+ car, not an inexpensive item that you can return. If I were you I would tell her "Don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out!" Good luck man. With all the honeys checking you out in the Z you'll have no problems replacing her.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:11 PM
scan

I AGREE, you made the right choice. if you stopped spending time with her completely then thats different.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:13 PM
Micas

Based on your version of the story - absolutely.. let her go.. You just rid yourself of a total control freak.

But maybe her version is:

armanid bought this stupid car and now all he does is obsess over it. We used to go out to dinner on Friday night's and now all he does is wax the car. He won't do anything with me on the weekends, because he's always out driving the damn car. All he talks about is the car, and all he wants to spend money on is mods for it. I can't take it anymore!

If that's her version.. the problem may be you..
Old 06-06-2003, 12:21 PM
shaneotool

Originally posted by Micas

armanid bought this stupid car and now all he does is obsess over it. We used to go out to dinner on Friday night's and now all he does is wax the car. He won't do anything with me on the weekends, because he's always out driving the damn car. All he talks about is the car, and all he wants to spend money on is mods for it. I can't take it anymore!

Hey, this sounds a lot like me
Old 06-06-2003, 12:24 PM
vice86

You should personally help pack her bags for her...its the least you can do...then drive her anywhere she need to go...IN YOUR Z

My wife says I CAN'T have a motorcycle..."over my dead body or divorce"...guess where I'm going right after her funeral.

Last edited by vice86; 06-06-2003 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Cintel7

be a little more cunning and have both. Some flowers and knee pads will get you the best of both world.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:45 PM
Old Skooler

Enjoy your Z!
Old 06-06-2003, 12:46 PM
geezer902

Default On an old bumper sticker

"She said choose between her and fishin'.

Dang, I'm gonna miss that gal."
Old 06-06-2003, 12:53 PM
MarkoBarko

LOL! I hope you weren't expecting an objective analysis in this forum?

Another biased opinion:
Forget her man!!! Think of all the money you save by not being with her and just think of what amount of psi(currently looks to be 5.6) that money will get you.

LOL...
Old 06-06-2003, 12:56 PM
az240z

Its hard for me to realte since my wife got me my 350z for an Xmas present. But then we have been married for 33 years. I think there is more to this than what's been said and i think its her problem.
sound to me she is being immature. Enjoy your ride. there are many others out there, you'll find one that loves both you and your Z. In that order.

Az240z
Old 06-06-2003, 02:31 PM
labshark7

yep,

Much more to this story, come on man, its not about the Z.

We are all sorry to hear of your break up, but there is more to it.
Eric
Old 06-06-2003, 02:46 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My first thought is that, as others have said, she may have a deeper problem with insecurity in the relationship and your car is a tangible object that she can see and she feels threatened by it. Rather than give her the walking papers, which I am guessing that you do not really want to do after that long, take some time to find out why she has taken such a firm position on this. These issues may not be completely hers but, something that you are doing aside from the car. I don't know the realtionship you are in but, I am certain that if she is truly secure in it, nothing should ever be able to cause her a problems. Maybe I am just channeling Dr. Phil but, make certain you don't over react.

On a side note I have met more than my share of women that this that the world revolves around them and the sooner you distance yourself from them, the better....
Old 06-06-2003, 02:51 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did ya take her to the bus stop in the Zzzzzz?

Quick Reply: "Either the Z goes or I go!"...that's what she said...