Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2nd Hand Delivery Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 08:07 PM
MatthewZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Hand Delivery Info

Someone I work with is married to a Nissan mechanic for a dealer in Philly, PA. This dealer had Nissan engineers there b/c they were having a problem with a car they couldn't solve.
The Nissan reps told him that the Z's would be in August 14th. This mechanic, as I was told, also had all intentions of taking the Z out and ripping it up when it came in.
Just passing along some info I heard.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:20 PM
Thunderbolt
Charter Member #88

Default Techs ripping up the asphalt with our babys

Tell your dealer/service manager that you want to be in that car when it is test driven. Most likly they will be happy to let you ride/drive the car with the tech. If they refuse then tell them in the future you will have the car serviced at a dealership or independent service center where they respect the customers car. Bad word of mouth advertising hurts companies hard. They know that and will try to work with you. Good luck.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:38 PM
justwant1

When the GM of my dealer called me, he told me he was going to have the car put aside and untouched until I get to touch it first. This is probably something all dealers should be doing for us.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:50 PM
Znith

Why would you even let them test drive it? That would be the last thing I would want. If you have already bought the car, there is no need for them to be involved with any of the "test driving" that you intend to do. Are you under the impression that this is mandatory?
Old 08-08-2002, 08:53 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The head of the dealership where I ordered mine told me Nissan sent out notices dealing with several of these issues. (Nissan knows our concerns)

1. Vehicles shall be unloaded and checked out by a single person at the dealership and complete the PDC.

2. No treatments should be added unless agreed upon by purchaser prior to delivery.

3. Vehicles should be kept in the service bay or showroom.

There was one other thing but I cant remember what it was. When I do I will post it. I sent a letter stating these and other requests and he informed me of the NNA notices they received.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:04 PM
droideka

Default Re: 2nd Hand Delivery Info

Originally posted by MatthewZ
This mechanic, as I was told, also had all intentions of taking the Z out and ripping it up when it came in.
I'd bet money this mechanic is full of ****. I'd also bet he's got a mullet to go along with that moronic bravado.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:08 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Default Re: Re: 2nd Hand Delivery Info

Originally posted by droidekaus

I'd bet money this mechanic is full of ****. I'd also bet he's got a mullet to go along with that moronic bravado.
I hope he is, but I heard of that same thing happening with the 03 Mustang Cobras, they were getting passed around from sales guy to mechanincs, everyone in the dealership drove it and were not the most gentle.

I guess just me sure and don't assume anything try your best to prevent this from happening.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:10 PM
nizl

Is this the guy????

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/

Last edited by nizl; 08-08-2002 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:21 PM
fatZo

Default Re: Re: 2nd Hand Delivery Info

Originally posted by droidekaus

I saw a zit-face service boy (no mullet, sorry) unloading a number of Mustangs off a truck at a local dealership a while ago. The kid was really hard on the cars and kept reving them up like there is no tomorrow. He lost control of one car and almost hit a parked car, which made him took evasive action by slamming hard on the brakes.

Although I care not for mustangs, I was really pissed to see him abusing someone elses brand new property, before they get to do it themselves. It breaks my heart to think some a$$ would break-in my new Z in less than 5 minutes Thankfully, the people at my dealership are very professional and quite mature.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:24 PM
fatZo

Default lol

Originally posted by nizl
Is this the guy????

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/
LOL ... business on the front, party in the back ...
Old 08-08-2002, 09:32 PM
wxtornado

What about these people?

The person that drove it from Nissan to the truck, the truck to the boatyard, from the boatyard to the boat, off the boat to the staging area, from there to the railcar, from the railcar back on to the truck, etc etc......
Old 08-08-2002, 09:57 PM
MichaelU

I think we should tell Nissan to install sensors in our cars to let us know if they are tampered with.

But it's inevetable that somebody will have to drive the car, just be glad to know that there will be ALOT of other Z's around so alot lest tempting. It's just the dealership I'm worried about, so I'm going to have a CB radio and follow the truck and make friends with the Truck driver. Then he'll help me kick the @$$ of some ungreatfull punk who would dare to touch an automobile of such glory.

If he was manhandeling a sedan thats one thing, but this is Nissan's cream of the crop. Top of the line. Why would these "folk" have such little respect for such a great auto. I think it'll be rare for the preorders because so many people are antisipating, the dealership's will be more aware, but for future Z orders, be aware they may not be watching as closly.

Ciao,
Michael U
----
350Z Super Black/Charcole Touring 5AT - All add on's except mud flaps
2000 Eclipse GT Silver/Black Leather - All add on's except mud flaps
Chicago, IL
Old 08-08-2002, 10:36 PM
evoluder

Originally posted by justwant1
When the GM of my dealer called me, he told me he was going to have the car put aside and untouched until I get to touch it first. This is probably something all dealers should be doing for us.
That is what I was told by my dealer about my Z. I didn't hear anything about a "test run." He told me it would be put in a garage when it showed up and no one but me would get to drive it.

Spencer
Old 08-08-2002, 10:42 PM
VandyZ

Driving and braking is part of the Nissan mandated PDC. I don’t think they will abuse our cars, they are just performing some necessary CYA measures. Nobody wants to be driving and have the brakes not work or a wheel come off (it has happened before).
Old 08-09-2002, 12:08 AM
Znith

I am unfamiliar with Nissan mandates. I sold for GM (never bought) and our PDIs never included a test run to see if a wheel was going to fall off or the brakes worked. Sounds like Motor Trends slalom and 60-0 test runs to me. At our dealership, we started it up, ran through the visual inspection, and drove it on the lot. Maybe that's why so many fall apart Regardless, I would be very careful about letting anyone test it out for you. I'd rather find out for myself that something is wrong. I'll be more than happy to let them know if something breaks. It's called a warranty. If at all possible, be there when your Z is delivered to the dealership, and keep your eye on it at all times. If they must ring it out for you, go with them-it's your car.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

I ordered my car from a dealer 60 miles from my home. The salesman said he would be happy to have someone deliver it to my door for no charge.

I do not plan to accept his offer.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:24 AM
VandyZ

He must not be telling the truth he kept referring to the PDC. That means a primary domain controller to me. He said it was pre-delivery checklist. I have also heard of PDI.

So if the PDI does his PDC and does not test the full range of the TPS or the ABS with or with out the TCS or VDC while flashing the HID it is o.k. with me What about the GPS?
Old 08-09-2002, 12:33 AM
2003z

Talking

Originally posted by Znith
I am unfamiliar with Nissan mandates. I sold for GM (never bought) and our PDIs never included a test run to see if a wheel was going to fall off or the brakes worked. Sounds like Motor Trends slalom and 60-0 test runs to me. At our dealership, we started it up, ran through the visual inspection, and drove it on the lot. Maybe that's why so many fall apart
I guess that's why the '96 Z-28 I bought fouled 3 spark plugs on the ride home from the dealer, the '97 Blazer had slices in its radiator hose and sprung a leak after I parked it in the garage the night we bought it, and my new '02 S-10 has some funny tranny slippage!