Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why Is My 03 Faster then alot of other Zs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:26 PM
kennylin888

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by iceagetlc
PAGE 1!

Thanks, so must the car must be a FACTORY FREAK!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Mid117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu Hvn
Weight could be a factor. I looked on www.nissanhelp.com. An '03 track weighs 3,225#. An '06/'07 Track weighs about 3,400# (I couldn't quite tell by the chart).
The weight on the '03 thru '05's stayed the same by trim level. The '06 and '07's gained 100#, again, depending on trim level.
I'm guessing the power bump on the '06/'07 wasn't enough to compensate for the weight gain.
the '06 weight gain was mostly a hoax.

I weighed my '06 base coupe(with spare, jack, tools, full interior) and it weighed 3228 lbs.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Kam350z

yea dude ... i have an 03 track model and my car always ran stronger than other Z's ... and even against my buddy with an 04 with gears and intake I still beat him by a large amount (even when we switched drivers, my car was much faster). Anyways, IDK what to say ... who knows what the reason is.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:12 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b00b00
I have lost plenty of races. Modded EVO's, I beat 1 EVO thats about it.

I have 3 people on this forum that can vouch for me, and has driven my car. I dident know there was that much retards on my350z. I posted a simple question, and I get flamed for it.

I dont need to check my grammer, I type to fast to even go back, on what I even wrote. its more of a typo.

My car pings redline at 54mph in 2nd gear, so Mabe I do have gears.

Also I bought the car in socal from the first owner.
That says it right there, probably has 3.9 or 4.08 gears.

TK
Old 01-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Slidewayznizmo

How is he a better driver if he was beat in his own car when they switched cars? No two engines are built exactly alike, Nor are the intake manifolds.
The blocks and manifolds are cast in sand. The specs are alike but the outcome may be different. It usually isn't enough to make that kind of difference. There may be something different about that car.
I swear my 300zx was faster off the line than my Nismo Z, but then again it has a 4:10 ratio and shorter stroke, so it probably was.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:54 AM
06MagneticZ

I doubt the OP can beat my Z. I have the fastest Z in the world with super top secret mods.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MagneticZ
I doubt the OP can beat my Z. I have the fastest Z in the world with super top secret mods.
turbonator?
I heard you can stack those back to back to increase power. Since i have an 07, i'm going to shove two turbonators per intake, thus have a quadanator in essense.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
rockinbboy

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
This explains it all. K&N use an air filter oil on their filters that contain a small amount of N2O in it. This is sucked in from the air filter and into the engine, causing higher power. This have been dyno proven.
lol..uh no. n2o is a gas.

You should dyno your car for the hell of it. Would definitely remove all Qs and doubts

Last edited by rockinbboy; 01-14-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Skorch

Sounds like the car has non-stock gears to say the least. Don't claim your car is stock if you don't know for sure - you never know what the previous owner has done to it. It may be tuned, you may have aftermarket clutch/flywheel, crank pulley, etc. Have you looked under the car? Maybe you have test pipes too.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:02 PM
PearlZzZ

I defenetly agree that there are indeed factory motors that are faster than others... My brother has the 03 g35 and its the same as my 350. When he was stock he would pull on g35's like no ones buisness.. I could see if it was a half a car or so difference but we would pull car lengths on them.. Now i got myself a 350z and i believe i have a weirded out motor as well.. Ive raced countless 350'z 03-07 and walked on almost everyone.. Except for an 08 with pulleys plenum ecu exhaust intake..and he only had me by a car.. I recently drove my buddy's 04 30th anniversery model 350z and it seems sooooo much slower than mine. It feels like it has all the power of mine but only when it reaches 5000 RPM and up. Even back when my brother got his car he would tell me this almost 2 years ago.. and now i have my 350z and i deffenatly agree with him.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
z_mini

I tell you what happened, The guy almost fell asleep hit his elbow on the keyboard, changed the mod setting on your car's COMPUTER.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PearlZzZ
I defenetly agree that there are indeed factory motors that are faster than others... My brother has the 03 g35 and its the same as my 350. When he was stock he would pull on g35's like no ones buisness.. I could see if it was a half a car or so difference but we would pull car lengths on them.. Now i got myself a 350z and i believe i have a weirded out motor as well.. Ive raced countless 350'z 03-07 and walked on almost everyone.. Except for an 08 with pulleys plenum ecu exhaust intake..and he only had me by a car.. I recently drove my buddy's 04 30th anniversery model 350z and it seems sooooo much slower than mine. It feels like it has all the power of mine but only when it reaches 5000 RPM and up. Even back when my brother got his car he would tell me this almost 2 years ago.. and now i have my 350z and i deffenatly agree with him.
Sorry chief, no ecu, no plenum, nothin out for 08 cars.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:56 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
turbonator?
I heard you can stack those back to back to increase power. Since i have an 07, i'm going to shove two turbonators per intake, thus have a quadanator in essense.
Dual Turbonators is way too much. You will need special permission from NASA.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by 06MagneticZ
b00b00 has double-super top secret mods. Only Homeland Security knows about them.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by Kam350z
yea dude ... i have an 03 track model and my car always ran stronger than other Z's ... and even against my buddy with an 04 with gears and intake I still beat him by a large amount (even when we switched drivers, my car was much faster). Anyways, IDK what to say ... who knows what the reason is.
That's impressive. You might want to post a time slip here: https://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840-top-25-1-4-mile-times-for-tt-st-supercharger-nitrous-bolt-ons-stock.html.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by PearlZzZ
That's impressive. You might want to post a time slip here: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233840.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
2bar sr20

I just seen this thread and i was wondering the same thing. I have an 03 that all i put on the car is the JWT pop charger Thats it. The first day i got the car it took my friend for a ride who has a z and knows about 350s. I punched it and he was like wow, what did you do to it. I told him about the JWT and he couldnt believe it. I also ran my friends 350s a 06 and a 07 i beat them every time they had intake and exhaust, I know im a good driver ive always been one, but I can tell that my car is faster than it suppose to be. Im not lying i will get flamed probably. But i was hanging out near my house with some friends and this guy I know with a 05 corvette wanted to run is car against mine just being friendly. He talked me into it. I asked what he had and he said gears, intake maifold and intake and exhaust, he also had BFG tires. All that was done to my car that i know of is the JWT pop charger. We ran 2 times. the first time was from a 20 kick he had me for about 1 and 1/2 cars. The second race was from a 40 kick and i was 1/2 car in front of him until i shifted in to 4th. then he pulled a head but i pulled in be hind him and we kept racing. I was pulling on him i was about 1/2 car length from him when we finally let out. My friend was riding with me and says when he looked at the speedo we were going around 155 i didnt believ him so i asked the vette how fast he was going and he said he looked down and was at 163. The guys thought i was spraying but i wasn t. A week later i was on my way to college and a vette pulled beside me looked like an 07. We kicked it at 60mph and i stayed in front of him the whole time.I was just wondering how this is possible.

Last edited by 2bar sr20; 01-14-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:20 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by 2bar sr20
I just seen this thread and i was wondering the same thing. I have an 03 that all i put on the car is the JWT pop charger Thats it. The first day i got the car it took my friend for a ride who has a z and knows about 350s. I punched it and he was like wow, what did you do to it. I told him about the JWT and he couldnt believe it. I also ran my friends 350s a 06 and a 07 i beat them every time they had intake and exhaust, I know im a good driver ive always been one, but I can tell that my car is faster than it suppose to be. Im not lying i will get flamed probably. But i was hanging out near my house with some friends and this guy I know with a 05 corvette wanted to run is car against mine just being friendly. He talked me into it. I asked what he had and he said gears, intake maifold and intake and exhaust, he also had BFG tires. All that was done to my car that i know of is the JWT pop charger. We ran 2 times. the first time was from a 20 kick he had me for about 1 and 1/2 cars. The second race was from a 40 kick and i was 1/2 car in front of him until i shifted in to 4th. then he pulled a head but i pulled in be hind him and we kept racing. I was pulling on him i was about 1/2 car length from him when we finally let out. My friend was riding with me and says when he looked at the speedo we were going around 155 i didnt believ him so i asked the vette how fast he was going and he said he looked down and was at 163. A week later i was on my way to college and a vette pulled beside me looked like an 07. We kicked it at 60mph and i stayed in front of him the whole time.I was just wondering how this is possible.
That's impressive. You might want to post a time slip here: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233840.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:22 PM
PearlZzZ

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Sorry chief, no ecu, no plenum, nothin out for 08 cars.
This guy must have been ********ting me then , lol.. I dont know much about the revup motors.. He defenetly had exhaust , not sure if he had intake I didnt look under his hood.. But it was a hell of a race , i was about an inch from his rear bumper.. And thats when i was stock on 93 octane..
Old 01-14-2008, 06:32 PM
PearlZzZ

Originally Posted by 2bar sr20
I just seen this thread and i was wondering the same thing. I have an 03 that all i put on the car is the JWT pop charger Thats it. The first day i got the car it took my friend for a ride who has a z and knows about 350s. I punched it and he was like wow, what did you do to it. I told him about the JWT and he couldnt believe it. I also ran my friends 350s a 06 and a 07 i beat them every time they had intake and exhaust, I know im a good driver ive always been one, but I can tell that my car is faster than it suppose to be. Im not lying i will get flamed probably. But i was hanging out near my house with some friends and this guy I know with a 05 corvette wanted to run is car against mine just being friendly. He talked me into it. I asked what he had and he said gears, intake maifold and intake and exhaust, he also had BFG tires. All that was done to my car that i know of is the JWT pop charger. We ran 2 times. the first time was from a 20 kick he had me for about 1 and 1/2 cars. The second race was from a 40 kick and i was 1/2 car in front of him until i shifted in to 4th. then he pulled a head but i pulled in be hind him and we kept racing. I was pulling on him i was about 1/2 car length from him when we finally let out. My friend was riding with me and says when he looked at the speedo we were going around 155 i didnt believ him so i asked the vette how fast he was going and he said he looked down and was at 163. The guys thought i was spraying but i wasn t. A week later i was on my way to college and a vette pulled beside me looked like an 07. We kicked it at 60mph and i stayed in front of him the whole time.I was just wondering how this is possible.
Thats the craziest thing ive ever heard... A 2007 c6 vette runs a 12.5 in the quarter mile stock. A 03 350z runs around a 13.9... Unless u have some crazy modifications done to your car there is no way u should be beating him..

Quick Reply: Why Is My 03 Faster then alot of other Zs?