Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why Is My 03 Faster then alot of other Zs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:47 AM
macs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
In all seriousness. .i know what he means. .i have an 03 performance. .and i beat a lot of cars out there that i should get shitted on by.i even notice in 4th 5th and 6th gears my Z still pulls hard in all. .even in 6th. .i think im going to name em HERBY!!. . but regardless of the power does anyone have problems with after market parts fitting right?. .basically everything i buy doesn't fit right and i have to become CHIP FOOSE to make them fit on occasions. . .ex: Skunk 2 Spacer. .never fit right and always made my manifold touch my hood. .and the Kinetix V+ i had to cut away at some of the Hood Center Support beams so nothing touches. .
My car was the same way nothing fit right I had the Skunk spacer also and it was hitting the hood I also had to buy the Stillen front strut brace( the one for FI cars so it went in front of the manifold).
Old 01-10-2008, 06:16 AM
sk26dett

Originally Posted by rkemp1
I think the previous owner swapped out your VQ35 for a B18 with VEEETEC and thats why yours is so fast.

Finally a real explanation.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my motors not a freak. .i just add gatorade to the FueL!!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:52 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by macs350z
My car was the same way nothing fit right I had the Skunk spacer also and it was hitting the hood I also had to buy the Stillen front strut brace( the one for FI cars so it went in front of the manifold).
yeah i didn't wanna waste the money on a new strut brace caus ei liked the factory one due to the adjustment nut. . .so i went with the V+ which has the groove for the Brace. .as far as the brace goes it all worked out but damn thing still touched my Hood!!!!. . cut away some metal n it's AAaaa ok now!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by b00b00
OK might sound dumb, but Do any of you have a factory freak motor??

I ran about 6 differnt 350z's, and I only lost to 1.

I ran two 2007 350z, with the HR, and beat them by a car n 1/2 everytime. Tried from digs, and rolls. Same result.

Ran, a friend 2006 Z with intake, exhaust, plenum spacers, and took him 2-3 cars, and was still pulling.

I have a 2003 Track model. All these were friendly races with friends I know. I wanted to see where my car stands.

Oh and I ran my friends 2001 Cobra. it still has 320hp, and he has intake, and exhaust. I was dead even with him.

My car is 100% stock.

Sorry if its in the wrong section.
first, there is no right section for street racing. second a bs story is just that, a bs story. i think you been talking with that other guy on here that claimed his car was a factory freak, only to get owned when it was taken to a "real" track for a "real" race.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VTMustard
I heard the opposite, I was under the impression dynojet read high...some of the guys that I talk to in my region even call the Function: Tuned dyno dynamics, the heart break dyno Maybe more people will chime in on this now
When the temp sensor is working correctly and no additional correction is added you'd be lucky to have seen 230whp. The runs for his BBQ were skewed, call Dave and ask him. I pointed this out on the forums before you may have missed it. Your dyno is
Old 01-10-2008, 07:10 AM
SpeedyG35

OK might sound dumb, but Do any of you have a factory freak motor??

I ran about 6 differnt 350z's, and I only lost to 1.

I ran two 2007 350z, with the HR, and beat them by a car n 1/2 everytime. Tried from digs, and rolls. Same result.

Ran, a friend 2006 Z with intake, exhaust, plenum spacers, and took him 2-3 cars, and was still pulling.

I have a 2003 Track model. All these were friendly races with friends I know. I wanted to see where my car stands.

Oh and I ran my friends 2001 Cobra. it still has 320hp, and he has intake, and exhaust. I was dead even with him.

My car is 100% stock.

Sorry if its in the wrong section.
u must be the chosen jedi
Old 01-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Donsred350Z

A lot of races are more a test of drivers rather then cars. Drive their car if the results are worst then its You being a better driver. A car with 20 more hp will feel more powerful but if the guy/girl is reluctant to or can’t use this extra muscles because they can’t drive as well as You or any Good driver, 20 more horsepower means nothing.

I agree with others switch cars and see what happens, if they beat you in your car and you beat them in your car then you need to dyno your car or check for nitrous bottles or TTs. You lucky dog if you bought it used it might have been Mod. Just kidding but the driver means a lot if within 50hp even straight line, if they don't know how to speed shift and you do, unless its AT but they still need to know how to power brake. Some are afraid of hurting their pretty Z.

Maybe U bought a Z built on a Monday, that means something if it was a Chevy, I hear.

Last edited by Donsred350Z; 01-10-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:42 AM
VTMustard

Originally Posted by Alberto
When the temp sensor is working correctly and no additional correction is added you'd be lucky to have seen 230whp. The runs for his BBQ were skewed, call Dave and ask him. I pointed this out on the forums before you may have missed it. Your dyno is
Thats good to know...I thought that number was off! I'll talk to Dave when i am down there this weekend! If thats the case, I will have him DYNO it again when the weather gets a little nicer, so i can get a better baseline to compare against when i get work done this summer! Thanks Alberto!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:46 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by Donsred350Z
A lot of races are more a test of drivers rather then cars. Drive their car if the results are worst then its You being a better driver. A car with 20 more hp will feel more powerful but if the guy/girl is reluctant to or can’t use this extra muscles because they can’t drive as well as You or any Good driver, 20 more horsepower means nothing.

I agree with others switch cars and see what happens, if they beat you in your car and you beat them in your car then you need to dyno your car or check for nitrous bottles or TTs. You lucky dog if you bought it used it might have been Mod. Just kidding but the driver means a lot if within 50hp even straight line, if they don't know how to speed shift and you do, unless its AT but they still need to know how to power brake. Some are afraid of hurting their pretty Z.

Maybe U bought a Z built on a Monday, that means something if it was a Chevy, I hear.
hey I did just that with my friend's m3 and my friends evo mr. .we each switched seats and out of 3 races my Z won 2 because the evo driver missed a gear in my damn CAR . .but some people drive very diff. .and i've noticed that even against an rsx type s. .if i don't push the pedal to the metal. .an rsx will come up on me. .some people slightly let up on the pedal because of fear or who knows. and on occasions my z even will slip at take off. .insuring a loss. . . .
Old 01-10-2008, 07:52 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by VTMustard
Thats good to know...I thought that number was off! I'll talk to Dave when i am down there this weekend! If thats the case, I will have him DYNO it again when the weather gets a little nicer, so i can get a better baseline to compare against when i get work done this summer! Thanks Alberto!
let me get this straight when the temp sensor's not working correctly. .shouldn't it kick on a check engine light. .due to the fact that the temp sensor does assist in the control of a lot of other things for the engine running perfect. .i mean the vehicle will run at it's top performance at nominal operating temps. .but if the sensor's not functioning properly don't even bother getting it dyno'd
Old 01-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Bottled Water

i have the same issue! my best friend has a 99 lightning running a diablo sport chip, 12psi, larger fmic and bassani exaust. now i used to beat him up wen he was stock but now with all that done at the line he b1tch slaps me. but from a 40 punch its dead even till 110 where i pull away. one night i watched him race a 06 350z from a 40 punch and pulled away fast from him up to lik 105 and the Z wast catching up. i then came up next to the Z and started from 40 and i pulled away also. that being said i raced 2 07's. i raced one from the line 2 times, then raced him from 45. i beat him all 3 times. and i raced the other 07 from a light and it was even and from a 50 it was even also. and im an 04 base model and im tottaly stock.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bottled Water
i have the same issue! my best friend has a 99 lightning running a diablo sport chip, 12psi, larger fmic and bassani exaust. now i used to beat him up wen he was stock but now with all that done at the line he b1tch slaps me. but from a 40 punch its dead even till 110 where i pull away. one night i watched him race a 06 350z from a 40 punch and pulled away fast from him up to lik 105 and the Z wast catching up. i then came up next to the Z and started from 40 and i pulled away also. that being said i raced 2 07's. i raced one from the line 2 times, then raced him from 45. i beat him all 3 times. and i raced the other 07 from a light and it was even and from a 50 it was even also. and im an 04 base model and im tottaly stock.
Maybe the 07 wasn't racing
Old 01-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Blacryan

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Maybe the 07 wasn't racing
This is a very legitimate point. See possibly the other '07 racer' was actually just driving normal, or late for work so driving a little faster then usual. It's a possibility he just got on it a little, who knows... who says he launched and was trying his damndest to beat you!?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:26 PM
DraGonAlchemist

haha i also get that alot when im just driving fast to make it to my girls to go out to a movie or dinner. .i whip it a tad on the pway and i always get some idiot tryen to race me and when im crusing they allways flash the damn hazards at me like i lost. .sometime i wish i had a MEGAPHONE to be like. .i wasn't racing you MORON!!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
chriskabobbers

my friend i really believe has a factory freak sti though, lol. he holds the record for fastest stock turbo sti at i think ... 11.4 or 11.6 =/ *shrugs*

but yeah 03's rule =)
Old 01-10-2008, 01:18 PM
2boosted4u

lol I weigh 190 pounds. We even switched cars, and they beat me with my own car.

Everyone swears up, and down im not stock. I do have a drop n K&N filter tho.
dude come on k&n drop in filter thats like a twin turbo kit bro its like 500000 hp
Old 01-10-2008, 01:21 PM
mavtais

OK, somebody lock this thread soon. Too many kill/got killed stories. We'll post what we find out about the OP's car. I think it's gearing. He said he's at 54 mph pinging second gear redline, which is short for a stock Z.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
b00b00

Originally Posted by mavtais
OK, somebody lock this thread soon. Too many kill/got killed stories. We'll post what we find out about the OP's car. I think it's gearing. He said he's at 54 mph pinging second gear redline, which is short for a stock Z.
Tell me about it lol. The drop in K&N filter was a joke. I guess some people dont believe me since there Z is a turd **shrugs**
Old 01-10-2008, 02:12 PM
BADASSTT

And then you woke up from this dream. Next

Quick Reply: Why Is My 03 Faster then alot of other Zs?