RedComet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you got that right.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:06 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
I don't blame VQ for quitting.....all the people bitching at him about the site being messed up........it wasn't his fault......but people don't care.......nobody has any frickin patience anymore......so we lost a couple of functions on the site.......BFD!!!.....the site is still here, and it's still a good source for information.........i hope VQ comes back someday......he was VERY good at what he did, regardless of his age
You got it EJ. VQ- don't take all the bitchin' personally. People are so frustrated because they really like this site. I think everyone is aware (or should be) that every attempt was made and is still being made to restore the site. Don't give up man- there's still a **** load of people that realize this is only temporary and that the forum will be back up shortly.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:01 PM
rouxeny

Is the site fixed? I can post again!
Old 06-18-2003, 05:08 PM
mgk65

could it be fixed?
Old 06-18-2003, 05:11 PM
MSOsr

Victor:

Please come back! You were the heart and soul of this site and did a marvelous job of getting information out to the members. I don't know of anyone who thinks you "dropped the ball" when the site went kaflooey.

We need you, Man!
Old 06-18-2003, 05:11 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it was fixed, but it still seems to be havin some problems... not everything is updating as it should...

we'll see tho.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:16 PM
Zracer03

VQ, I hope you don't stay away long. I will sincerely miss your posts and what you did for people. Anyone on this site who thinks this is your fault, or problem, shouldn't be on this site anyway. As Red said, if any of you do need help, I am also more than willing to help. I spend a lot of time on the site at work, and I am a web developer. Good luck, and come back soon Vic!
Old 06-18-2003, 05:16 PM
ares
Veteran

well heres the situation on VQ now that the site is fixed, hes around, tho you guys dont know where, hes obviously not a mod, whether or not he wants to return to his role or if takao would give him the role again, I do not know, nor is it my place to comment, but he deleted his posts, and his account, and that is permanant, no one can reverse that.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:24 PM
all_bark

I am not sure who if anybody directed anything at VQ. We have all been frustrated that the site was not working correctly and we all let off some steam.

If he does not want to be a mod so he never has to deal with this BS again, I can understand that. But to delete all posts (including a parts list) and things that help others...

whats the point?
to show us all we cannot make it with out him?
I hope that it was only a joke on his part but if he did it out of anger, well, I'll (for once) take the high road and not say anything. (even though I want too)

VQ thanks for the things you did in the past for the site and good luck in whatever you choose to do in the future.

Bye
Old 06-18-2003, 05:30 PM
Enforcer

VQ, Come Back.

I cannot imagine this site without you. The success of this site so far is in a large part due to you, either directly or indirectly.

I enjoy your thoughts, your point of view, your hard work, your dilligence, and your attitude. I have always looked forward to your posts and for me they serve as a guiding light.

It takes a lot of time and commitment to be a mod, let alone an admin. If you don't have that time, at least come back as a member.

I don't know what triggered your response, but making some assumptions...don't let the negativity get you down. Your entire life people will be trying to put you down, ignore them. Focus on the positive. And don't be too hard on yourself.

I wish I could find that graphic that shows a frog being eaten by a stork. Sometimes it's good to quit for a while and regain focus and then come back refreshed. But never give up.

Thanks for all your effort. I for one, know your heart is in the right place.

Enforcer
Old 06-18-2003, 05:37 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Victor, for every 1 person that got on your case, there were 1000 that sincerely appreciated all of your efforts. Maybe we didn't say it often enough, but thanks. You were instrumental in helping mold this site into the best site on the internet for our car and you will be sorely missed. If you chose to stay away, so be it, and I wish you good luck in whatever you decide to do. Thank you.

ares, if you have to go with a backup of the board from last Tuesday (or earlier) I say go for it. Losing someone like Victor is bad enough but I sense others are starting to get "frustrated" too. Obviously I would much rather have the board back the old way rather than the way it is now and the sooner the better. Thanks for everything that you are doing to rectify the problem.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Enforcer

Originally posted by ares
well heres the situation on VQ now that the site is fixed, hes around, tho you guys dont know where, hes obviously not a mod, whether or not he wants to return to his role or if takao would give him the role again, I do not know, nor is it my place to comment, but he deleted his posts, and his account, and that is permanant, no one can reverse that.
Well, that is very unfortunate, and a great loss.

Enforcer
Old 06-18-2003, 05:58 PM
jetjammer

VQ

Thanks for always trying to help out. It seems whenever there where new questions, even old questions asked again, you pooped out of nowhere and led people to the information they were looking for. I can't imagine how much work, effort & time that must have taken. If you go, who will volunteer to host everyones hi-res photos and videos?

If you have to stay away a little while, go get yourself a Z, then come back. In a better world, every member of this site could send you $1.50 - $2.00, Then you would be able to afford a Z w/money left over for some nice mods. Hey maybe..... Nah, it would never work.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

it was fixed, but it still seems to be havin some problems... not everything is updating as it should...

we'll see tho.
Man, I hate it when I start typing a response, then I go do something else for about 20 minutes and then come back to finish my response and post it, only to find out the whole world has changed while I was typing!

BTW this is an instant classic "Good News, Bad News" scenario.

Are all of the Galleries wiped out?

Last edited by Anyone2u; 06-18-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:02 PM
ares
Veteran

the gallery is still updating, and I now have control of the gallery as well, so we havent lost that. all the photos are hosted on the server.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:08 PM
350zSpeedRacer

We'll miss you Vic. You really did great things for this site!
Old 06-18-2003, 06:08 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by Enforcer
Well, that is very unfortunate, and a great loss.

Enforcer
Thats very upsetting, vq was here with all of us newbies when the site was quite small. He should not be blamed for the problems of the recent past, if anyone has done so, apologies should be made and perhaps he will return. If not, then we will miss you Vic. Keith
Old 06-18-2003, 06:15 PM
jetjammer

Originally posted by jetjammer
VQ
you pooped out of nowhere and led people to the information they were looking for.
Hehe, I said pooped.

I meant popped.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:26 PM
rouxeny

Here's my thoughts....

VQ, come back.

There.

I'm no idolizer, but this site really won't be the same without him.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:07 PM
MY350Z.COM

He didn't quit because the forum being down. He probably liked it being down as a break from all the things that go on here. I believe he quit because of all the people here that cause trouble. Running a message board can be very hectic, being 17 probably put more weight on top of that. -Constantly dealing with idiots and people who keep complaining-. He probably felt like he spent a lot of time here and got nothing out of it. No appreciation, no benefits. People that do appreciate probably haven't said anything till now that he has left. He didn't even have a Z. He took a lot of his time to dedicate to this site.

I noticed that people here constantly complain about the rules and freedom of speech. There are rules for a reason, to keep the site functioning properly and so that people can visit the site anywhere and not be afraid of boobies popping up. Also to keep it clean, so that it won't have a bad reputation of discussing unappropriate topics like other sites where anything goes.

-Mike

Quick Reply: i quit