Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

i quit

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 03:28 PM
Old Skooler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VQ, this site needs you man. You're an integral part. Come back, bro.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:55 PM
Danimsta

vic, i didnt read the whole thread

but just wanted to say that u helped the site alot man..
hell, u introduced me to friggin digitallyimported.com, now i cant stop listening to it! lol

anyway, come back
or im me
or email
or give me ur Z
o wait.. lol

anyway vic, if u dont come back, good luck with everything, u have helped the site ALOT!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2003, 05:25 PM
rouxeny

I'm POSITIVE VQ had something to do with fixing the site prior to his departure.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:38 PM
RobertL

Ares,

Thank you for letting us know what is up with VQ!
Old 06-19-2003, 06:10 PM
guerojo

Well Vic if you read this, we all hope you come back to your same position. You did an awesome job and will be missed.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:33 PM
dczoner

Hey all,

I began a thread on the socal regional section because I was frustrated with the functionality and usability of the site. In addition I was also running in to a number of mod decisions that I felt were inappropriate.

Let me just start by saying Vic has gotta be getting more sleep right now, thats for sure. I can barely remember a semi-interesting post that vic didn't get involved in, not in an intrusive manner but simply for clarification or enhancement purposes. Being a mod for a site like this is a full load in and of itself. I don't know what else Vic has going on in his life, but I can imagine he may have just bailed out on being a mod simply because it was sucking up his personal life. Vic, I hope things are going well outside of the my350 world, and we will miss you on this forum.

However, I will say that this should be a good opportunity for my350z.com to wake up to the reality of being on the web. People complain when their ISP won't let them log on for 2 minutes. Imagine what happens when a few thousand regular users lose the equivalent of their morning cup of z-laced coffee. This site is a great source of information, gossip, humor, and friends. But its also too damned free. Nothing in life is free, deal with that. Obviously if someone was getting paid to maintain this site, they would receive serious reprimands when it goes down. But if its a free site and it goes down, who cares? Only the users.

This site has had many opportunities to create revenue. Yet so far all I ever see is about 2 little banners that sit on the top. What about my350z brand merch? I'm sure there have gotta be a few hundred people that would throw down 9.95 for a coffee cup or 4.95 for a sticker. Or opportunities to increase advertising revenue by - for instance - offering brake companies the chance to advertise in the brakes section, or Southern Cali shops to advertise in the Southern California region. But that obviously requires someone to take the initiative and recruit companies & sponsors.

I think that the mods of a site on this scale should be paid at least a small amount for their efforts, as long as they are consistent and professional (as VQracer was/is). Perhaps a profit sharing opportunity - ie have the mods basically do the advertising recruiting as long as they get 20% of profit generated from the source they generated. I don't know. But there are opportunites out there, My350z just needs someone to basically take over leadership of it. VQ was it, but obviously this was more hassle than a benefit for him.

Good luck to him, and also the remaining mods. You got big shoes to fill. I hope you guys at least consider some of my suggestions, because there's an opportunity here on this site, y'all just need to take advantage of it.

Take care.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:27 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by ares
his last action was to prune every thread ever created by him, and he forgot to save any of them. then he deleted his own account.

he will be back eventually, but he says he wants a somewhat less active role.
We are crippled!!!

ares... you better change your title to #1 from #2. You're in charge! We appreciate all your help with this forum!!
Old 06-19-2003, 07:53 PM
MATIX

I havent seen a 16 year old kid get so much attention since that japanese kid who won the hot dog eating contest

jk
Old 06-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

VQracer77: anything new?
Chebosto: why did you delete all your posts?
VQracer77: got frustrated with everything
VQracer77: so i said **** it
VQracer77: not about the site being down
VQracer77: about people constantly bitching complaining
Chebosto: well that's not cool, cuz the stuff you had before was helping lots of ppl
VQracer77 signed off at 10:50:06 PM.

*sigh*

i just think VQ needs to cool off a bit.. he'll be all right.. he means well but just needs some time to chiill..
Old 06-19-2003, 09:58 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im sure he was fustrated, and Im sure he regrets deleting all of that, he forgot all the posts he had. most are not important now, but a few specific ones were.

for the record, anyone that for any reason saved the parts list, it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me the list so I could put it back up...
Old 06-19-2003, 11:08 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that guy did alot... I had no idea. Im just trying to COPY maybe half of the complete parts list off the other forum back on here, and its gonna take a few hours just to COPY the thing. cant believe he put all that together.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:23 AM
MySunset350Z

man thats terrible.
the funny thing is i never knew he was 16. he was handeling a lot of stuff for a 16 year old, but man was he doing a good job at it.

you cant make everyone happy, you'll always have people that are never satisfied, but thats life.

come back Vic.....this site needs you man'g
as for all the other mods. on this site, keep up the good work. i havent been on this site for too long, but i love it. it keeps us ahead of everyone else on info and updates about our cars.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:59 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have im'd Tako on AIM when he was on twice and said "Are you aware of the my350z.com site problems?", then he just signed off, not a word was said...
Old 06-20-2003, 03:08 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Victor, if you see this, you were a great administrator and a friend if only for a short while. Thanks for standing up for me in that "Can't Decide Which Car To Get???" thread, I appreciate it. I'm positive everyone here that knows you left feels like something is 'missing' from the forum now. Ares, Jill, and other mods, keep up the work, the site is seeming to work now. But some reason it is still a little weird, just some little kinks you need to work out. I've been registered here since October 2002 I think, had to get a couple of new sn's on here because I was never sent an email conformation and can't use the name now. Gonna miss ya Vic...
Old 06-20-2003, 03:11 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

I would definately throw down $9.95 for a sticker to advertise this site. And I don't even have a car... I would buy about 20 or 30, go to every 350Z and stick it on...
Old 06-20-2003, 04:11 AM
fulltrunk

Default Props to my350z staff!!

I wanna take this time to give props to the staff of this site for all your hard work getting this site back together. I know we all talk sh*t about you when things go wrong, so I figured somebody ought to give you some props. There is not another better source of 350z info on the web. Anybody that says any different is full of it. Keep up the good work
Old 06-20-2003, 05:59 AM
Grey Matter

In regards to the site making money, I have a promotional clothing company and have tried to get my350z.com clothing made. It starting back when Jay owned the site when I approached him about this. He thought it was a good idea, but then sold the site to Takao. I tried a few times to get something started with Takao, but he did not show much interest and had PM me that he had it covered. When Victor was basically in charge, I sent him a few messages and he said that he was not in a position to do anything. I was thinking hats, t-shirts, polos, and maybe a few accessories. What are people’s thoughts? Would you buy clothing be made with my350z.com's logo?
Old 06-20-2003, 06:01 AM
Grey Matter

BTW-Victor, you did a GREAT job. You will be missed!
Old 06-20-2003, 06:26 AM
RedComet

most definitely, anything to keep this site running...
Old 06-20-2003, 06:57 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Hmmn. Maybe Tako wants to sell the site before its worthless ???? Its value is dropping daily...

(Anyone know what it originally sold for ?)

Quick Reply: i quit