Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

MY Z got broken in this morning

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 01:31 AM
13ringinheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoiled Z
Yeah Im only paying 80 dollars a month right now on insurance full coverage.
How the hell did you manage that i am paying $167 this really bums me out!!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Pokémon

Should I take out my aftermarket DD navi unit everytime I get in/out too?

If they want it, they'll take it regardless. Just invest on an aftermarket alarm imo.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:43 AM
NismoZ350

Great Superbad references btw.. bravo.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:15 AM
DraGonAlchemist

How is this possible? I know I armed my car before I went in the house last night. But someone broke into it this morning. No sign of forced entry or anything. They just took my tomtom and my tire pressure repair kit. The cops apprehended the two guys hopefully the finger prints shows up theirs. When the cops went to their apartment they found tons of stolen stuff but no tomtom and tire pressure repair kit. Whats the likely of me getting my stuff if they dont happen to find it? Should I even bother calling USAA? I doubt they will pay for it.

it is extremely easy to break into the Z .. .. slide a rod past the window near the window rubber and you can open it easy. .since there is no frame around the window, and the rubber there is easy to push in. .i had to do it twice when my gf's co worker locked her keys in her z.

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 02-15-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:30 AM
Kuruma-san

Originally Posted by jcleary47
Find out where their apartment is somehow, and if they get arrested, wait for them to get out on bail and go take care of them yourself. Sometimes our justice system doesn't do us enough justice. Take it upon yourself.
+1 rent a gun if you dont have one
Old 02-15-2008, 04:42 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by jcleary47
Find out where their apartment is somehow, and if they get arrested, wait for them to get out on bail and go take care of them yourself. Sometimes our justice system doesn't do us enough justice. Take it upon yourself.
you must have just watched !!!DEATH SENTENCE!!!

hahah!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:19 AM
jmunzing
Z

It would be a hassle take them in and out everyday!
Glove box? I keep everything in there when I'm not in the car. Somewhat safe, but it's better than leaving it out in the open.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Hella

It would be a hassle take them in and out everyday!
compared to the hassle you are dealing with now?

at least stow it out of view. They probably wouldnt even have targeted your car if it wasnt for the GPS.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:28 AM
ReelBigAndy

If your gps was/is small enough (mine was: garmin nuvi250), you can easily route the power cord through the center console and up into the cubby. Unit mounts in the cubby, door closes, nothing to see here. I keep everything hidden away.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by ReelBigAndy
If your gps was/is small enough (mine was: garmin nuvi250), you can easily route the power cord through the center console and up into the cubby. Unit mounts in the cubby, door closes, nothing to see here. I keep everything hidden away.
yeah i was going to do this as well. .but already hid something there. .

Old 02-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Spoiled Z

My car hasn't seen service since I bought it and no mods either.

Originally Posted by toy4two
have you recently taken your car in for service or to have mods put on. Did you leave them your real home address (big no no)?

You'd be amazed how many people buy rims and what do you know a few weeks later they are stolen (the shop copied your key and alarm code when you left the car with them).

Don't EVER give a shop your real home address, there is no need for them to have that information, just make something up.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Spoiled Z

Originally Posted by Hella
compared to the hassle you are dealing with now?

at least stow it out of view. They probably wouldnt even have targeted your car if it wasnt for the GPS.
My GPS wasn't in sight when they stole it. It was in one of the compartments. They didn't want my ipod shuffle so they tossed it in the trunk and decided not to take my oakley's either LOL. Just the tomtom and the tire pressure kit.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:05 AM
DraGonAlchemist

My GPS wasn't in sight when they stole it. It was in one of the compartments. They didn't want my ipod shuffle so they tossed it in the trunk and decided not to take my oakley's either LOL. Just the tomtom and the tire pressure kit.
hey this happens all the time. .one of my co worker's has some buddies who steal GPS's on a daily basis. . got my whole family GPS's. .(bought mine though) . .just dont have it in plain view if you park it places. .i take mine down. .but even if someone sees the holder im sure they'll break in anyway because i and they doubt your gonna be walking around with the GPS in the mall. .or have it in the movies. .

recently was given a Shepard/ husky mix. .puppy. .so after a few months of training .that'll be my new alarm system!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Zrealsoon

Question

How is this possible? I know I armed my car before I went in the house last night. But someone broke into it this morning. No sign of forced entry or anything. They just took my tomtom and my tire pressure repair kit. The cops apprehended the two guys hopefully the finger prints shows up theirs. When the cops went to their apartment they found tons of stolen stuff but no tomtom and tire pressure repair kit. Whats the likely of me getting my stuff if they dont happen to find it? Should I even bother calling USAA? I doubt they will pay for it.
What? I am so lost... how did they apprehend the guys? Did you see them in your car and know who they were? ehh?
Old 02-15-2008, 08:13 AM
rockinbboy

DON'T LEAVE UR TOM TOM IN UR CAR.

For that matter, don't leave any valuables to tempt thieves into breaking into your car.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:23 AM
DraGonAlchemist

i know it sux that someone even broke into the Z. . but dude i think your making a big deal out of a TOM TOM!!!!!!!!. . .

imagine if you woke up and all you saw was the space the Z was in?
then i'd call someone. . .

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 02-15-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:50 AM
samej82

open the door up and weld in a bar to keep slim jims away from the lock rod..
there's also a clear ballistics film you can apply to the interior windows.. some people put them near doors and such in their homes.. it keeps the window from shattering ..
it's also possible the guy had a try-out key.. those keys work on most cars.. i never tried one on the Z though but i think it'd be the same..
i dunno if you can lock-bump auto locks but taht's also another technique..
what year Z was it? I think earlier Zs didn't have a rolling code.. the guy that probably stole it may have had a scanner and been watching u for a while..

lotta possiblities.. bad luck though i hope u get ur stuff back or at least justice..

Last edited by samej82; 02-15-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:01 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by samej82
open the door up and weld in a bar to keep slim jims away from the lock rod..
there's also a clear ballistics film you can apply to the interior windows.. some people put them near doors and such in their homes.. it keeps the window from shattering ..

on a Z a slim Jim is not needed. If you Noticed where the window meets the frame of the car when closed you can slide a hanger or a long metal piece either angled toward the lock button to open the door from driver side or make a long one to push the lock over on the passenger side door. Z is very easily stolen. Why nobody does is a mystery to me!. . but im thankful!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 AM
samej82

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
on a Z a slim Jim is not needed. If you Noticed where the window meets the frame of the car when closed you can slide a hanger or a long metal piece either angled toward the lock button to open the door from driver side or make a long one to push the lock over on the passenger side door. Z is very easily stolen. Why nobody does is a mystery to me!. . but im thankful!!!
Doh! you're right.. I haven't even considered that possibility.. I guess the only way to get around that is to wire your door locks to only work when the ignition is on, or yank the PDL fuse everytime you park your car..
Old 02-15-2008, 10:14 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by samej82
Doh! you're right.. I haven't even considered that possibility.. I guess the only way to get around that is to wire your door locks to only work when the ignition is on, or yank the PDL fuse everytime you park your car..

that may work for the power portion of the lock. .but what about the manual button near the handle?

basicaly all cars without door frames can be stolen easily. .Subaru's~Z's~convertables. . .i've done so many for customer's and my GF locking her STI a few times.. . im a pro!! even cars with door frames i've got the solution for that 2. .and it's not a jimmy. .it's a rod with a handle comes with a door wedge to move the frame from the cars post so i can slide it in past the door jam rubber. .same concept. .to push the door lock button. .

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 02-15-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: MY Z got broken in this morning