Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

MY Z got broken in this morning

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:20 AM
samej82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
that may work for the power portion of the lock. .but what about the manual button near the handle?
IMO yah but that take a bit of effort to turn manually, even if you use ur finger there's a bit of resistance there.. i don't know if you could exert that much pressure to turn the switch while just using a coat hanger... i think the coat hanger would bend first... also i was thinking that a thief doesn't want to be exposed for a long time, and trying to hit the manual switch would take some careful aiming n such..
Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 AM
samej82

that may work for the power portion of the lock. .but what about the manual button near the handle?

basicaly all cars without door frames can be stolen easily. .Subaru's~Z's~convertables. . .i've done so many for customer's and my GF locking her STI a few times.. . im a pro!! even cars with door frames i've got the solution for that 2. .and it's not a jimmy. .it's a rod with a handle comes with a door wedge to move the frame from the cars post so i can slide it in past the door jam rubber. .same concept. .to push the door lock button. .

AAHHH Stay away from me Z!! LOL
Old 02-15-2008, 10:25 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by samej82
AAHHH Stay away from me Z!! LOL
haha here i come. .ohh in NJ too huh!! haha. .nah. .

but hey here's some tools i would use! notice the thicker rods do not require much force. .and the middle one's a thick brake fluid line. .that i bent one day for a nissan pickup. . .locked keys in off a tow!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 10:29 AM
samej82

haha here i come. .ohh in NJ too huh!! haha. .nah. .

but hey here's some tools i would use! notice the thicker rods do not require much force. .and the middle one's a thick brake fluid line. .that i bent one day for a nissan pickup. . .locked keys in off a tow!!!!!!

Were you able to flip the manual switch with those same rods, or did they not exert enough force?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:33 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by samej82
Were you able to flip the manual switch with those same rods, or did they not exert enough force?

some cars i can hit the lock/unlock buttons with ease, some i can pull the door handles to unlock and open the doors. .EX: Bmw's. .and say with my GF's subaru was a sinch to push the manual lock/unlock button. .on the Z it's easy to cause i've done it for someone's Z already. . once i get the rod in at it's angle the angle does the force for me. .all i do is put a little push into it. .

if you notice the hanger, other night i used it on this guys old rambler with that corner window that you can open like the old days. ..i sliped in the hanger and lifted the little lock pushed in the window and reached in. .bam!!!

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 02-15-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My whole center console navi and all. 20" wheels were stolen rite from my driveway. Same like you factory alarm didnt go off. And no forced entry. Since then i have a 700 2 way alarm system and cameras all around my house. Oh yeah I also moved.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:54 AM
iknowitsfast

i know how you feel, ive had two of my cars broken into...the second time, i actually CAUGHT the guy in my car stealing stuff....it was at that moment that I realized my muscle mass could increase 100%, I could turn green, and my clothes wouldn't fit me any longer. Then 10 minutes later, I felt good.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:59 AM
DraGonAlchemist

funny story
where i work we did an engine job to a civic about 5 years ago. .and we left it outside but the keys were in the ignition. .so at close up the boss tells us to go push it in when we see a head bobbing around inside. . since we were all in the shop we determined someone else was in the car, and sure enough some idiot guy saw the keys and was trying to start the car engine less. .long story short we beat the **** out of him and when it was time to call 911 he insisted we didn't so we got in a few more kicks and punches and he ran off..NEVER to be seen again!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:59 AM
youcantzme

damn that sucks bro
Old 02-15-2008, 11:52 AM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Def946
Should have hoped that there was semen on everything.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
stev3

man that sucks
freakin thieves should all perish in this world and get a real job
Old 02-15-2008, 12:29 PM
kayfuNk
Banned

almost a year ago i had a pioneer double din in my Z. i was driving back from miami to atlanta and i stopped in orlando at a friends house for 30 minutes. i came back to my car and someone ahd broken in and stolen my head unit.. 6 hours back to atlanta from there.. i had no music.. nothing.. WORST TRIP EVER.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Spoiled Z

I just got me another TomTom today it isn't much now so I feel good woot I think Im going to have the viper alarm installed tomorrow. Is it true that for the viper alarm to be installed on a Z that they would have to take the doors off? not the panels the doors! and bestbuy is charging me 90 to remove the doors is this necessary?

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
DON'T LEAVE UR TOM TOM IN UR CAR.

For that matter, don't leave any valuables to tempt thieves into breaking into your car.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Spoiled Z

A lady saw the guy being pushed to the ground and had a gun on his head....She ran to her house and called 911. The cops came right away maybe like 7-10 police cars. I didn't know what happened until 1030 in the morning. The lady had left me a note.

Originally Posted by Zrealsoon
What? I am so lost... how did they apprehend the guys? Did you see them in your car and know who they were? ehh?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Zrealsoon

Originally Posted by Spoiled Z
I just got me another TomTom today it isn't much now so I feel good woot I think Im going to have the viper alarm installed tomorrow. Is it true that for the viper alarm to be installed on a Z that they would have to take the doors off? not the panels the doors! and bestbuy is charging me 90 to remove the doors is this necessary?
Absolutly not. A good installer will charge no more then $150(labor and small parts) to install viper 2-way. tilt sensor, motion sensor, and gps, remote gas cap open, remote windows.. hatch etc... I watched him do this install to learn my self.. Doors do not need to come off.

Note... there is no hood pin sensor on the Z... we had to add one... seriously.. I don't see one from the factory even though the service manuals hint at the wiring.

Last edited by Zrealsoon; 02-15-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:05 PM
DraGonAlchemist

Doors got to come off. . whaaaaaat? yo thats just as bad as when Cirsuit City rewired my boys Acura CL type S because they did not know how to wire the internal amp to make the speaker's work. . ONE blue wire people!!! haha. .stay away from best buy and circuit city. .or 6th ave. .they are fly by night installer's from HS or worse. .usta work at CC. .they had to ask me somethings due to my auto tech background. .haha!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:06 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Where in OP was this?
Old 02-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Nateclipse

hmm, never thought bout that, thx for that info
Old 02-16-2008, 04:34 AM
Spoiled Z

Collinds rd

Originally Posted by AboostedG
Where in OP was this?

Last edited by Spoiled Z; 02-16-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:42 AM
SA Z-boi

maybe they had access to locksmith tools. When i looked my keys in the car like a dumb *** I called a lock smith and he open it in like 2 mins. The alarm didnt even go off, so its pretty easy to get acess into a z

Quick Reply: MY Z got broken in this morning