Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

brushed or satin license plate? problem with thezstore customer service!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:04 AM
cambo350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry brushed or satin license plate? problem with thezstore customer service!

I ordered a new z emblem for the front and a rear satin license plate for the rear from thezstore.com. they emailed me and said it would ship shortly and they had it in stock. I replied and said "make sure u send me the satin one and not the brushed one"..low and behold they send me the brushed one. I get it on weds..and call them and they said that the guy that takes care of returns if done for the day and that he would call me the next morning(yesterday)..all morning no one calls.. i call them around 1:00 pm there time(i'm in fl..they are in cali) and they looked it up and said it was on his list to call me and he would call me in the afternoon..well he never called me yesterday..my question..should i keep the brushed one or keep on trying to get the satin one?is it that much different? I like the satin one since it matches the door handles and 350z emblem and my new front z emblem.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Black Spider

I don't really have an opinion on the colours, but the way I see it, if you give them your money, you should get exactly what you pay for.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:34 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You should get what you pay for, and not the run around.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have shipped you **** if you sent them 50 instead of a 100. Request a full refund, and buy them somewhere else. Why bother going thru all this ********.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 AM
mattk

Originally Posted by cambo350z
I ordered a new z emblem for the front and a rear satin license plate for the rear from thezstore.com. they emailed me and said it would ship shortly and they had it in stock. I replied and said "make sure u send me the satin one and not the brushed one"..low and behold they send me the brushed one. I get it on weds..and call them and they said that the guy that takes care of returns if done for the day and that he would call me the next morning(yesterday)..all morning no one calls.. i call them around 1:00 pm there time(i'm in fl..they are in cali) and they looked it up and said it was on his list to call me and he would call me in the afternoon..well he never called me yesterday..my question..should i keep the brushed one or keep on trying to get the satin one?is it that much different? I like the satin one since it matches the door handles and 350z emblem and my new front z emblem.
I know for the Nismo one, they only have a brushed = satin one. I looked at thenismoshop and they have a Z plate, but your choices are brushed=satin, polished, black. So I'd assume maybe the website was misleading and brushed=satin?

Can't imagine anyone would really want to mess with you for a license plate frame. Like most of the world, these guys are just gonna pack up and ship something they've already got on their shelf for your license plate order.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:02 AM
xtremefairladyz

Well I can probably get you a customized license plate frame for around the same price probably cheaper. Take a look. www.licenseframe.com

I have a Nismo one that I customized myself. I'll take a picture later on today to show you.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:03 AM
cambo350z

Originally Posted by mattk
I know for the Nismo one, they only have a brushed = satin one. I looked at thenismoshop and they have a Z plate, but your choices are brushed=satin, polished, black. So I'd assume maybe the website was misleading and brushed=satin?

Can't imagine anyone would really want to mess with you for a license plate frame. Like most of the world, these guys are just gonna pack up and ship something they've already got on their shelf for your license plate order.
no..they have 3 types on the website..1. black pearl stainless steel, 2 polished stainless steel, 3. satin stainless steel..i got the polished one.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Brrcats

so did they send you the brushed one or the polished one, you say two different things in your posts
Old 02-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

brushed is the satin, the other one is polished.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:35 PM
zipgun

Just keep bugging em till you get what you want.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
sbZenth

ive been looking to get the brushed one from there. if you want, ill just take the one you have off your hands, and you can just buy a new polished one from them.
PM me if you are interested
Old 04-04-2008, 11:34 AM
o
Banned

This is Michael, Form the Z store. Please PM me ASAP!!!!!!
I will make sure you get exactly what you want.

Michael

www.350zsource.com
Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 PM
BlackWidowZ

Mike you got PM
Old 04-04-2008, 01:36 PM
ssawa

Originally Posted by cambo350z
Not surprised. I bought their "carbon Fiber" '07 lip cover which they said was carbon fiber. It's fiberglass with a a thin layer of carbon fiber strands clearcoated. It's fiberglas and low and behold, it cracked a little when I bumped a curb. Thats why I wanted carbon fiber. I should have sent it back but didn't want to go thru the hassle.

I may order from them again, but I'll be more careful next time.

Last edited by ssawa; 04-04-2008 at 01:48 PM.