Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got a question about the 04 Z liquid silver/liquid titanium

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 02:14 AM
john0213

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a question about the 04 Z liquid silver/liquid titanium

Ok~ someone just started a thread in the other forum so i might as well ask u guys' opinions~

for the up coming year, we all know there will be a colour being replace by another one, which we all assume the colour to be:

liquid silver replacing brickyard~

now someone started the thread and asked if the liquid silver is gonna be the one on the pre production, and he actually brought up a pretty good point, which was......

he said that the paint will caused an extra of $1,100 and is gonna be an option, people have said that the liquid silver is gonna be the same on the 03 maxima, but then how would nissan charges the customer on the Z and not the maxima guy?( obviously this is his thought) so i wanna ask if the liquid silver is really gonna be the colour on the preproduction Z or not~

thoughts guys!~
Old 06-26-2003, 02:21 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

I bet it's different from the Maxima's. Maybe the picked the name Liquid Silver because it tested the best in focus groups.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:40 AM
srobert910

If i remember correctly, Nissan calls this new color for the Z, Liquid Aluminum. sounds like it's going to be different to me.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:11 AM
RedComet

yep its Liquid Aluminum. I believe this is mainly for abbreviation purposes. LS = Lemans Sunset LA = Liquid Aluminum, This helps eliminate the problems they could have with abbreviations when ordering parts and such.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:00 AM
geezer902

Besides aluminum is a cheaper metal. If they called it "silver" or "titanium" (like the title of this thread) they'd have to charge even more for it

Highly polished. J
Old 06-26-2003, 11:39 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Arrow

How many different ways can you say..........SILVER!

Old 06-26-2003, 12:14 PM
Montez

How true!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:00 PM
300ZX

im trying to undestand why nissan feels they need a 3rd shade of silver for a sports car. if you are getting a flashy sports car, the best colors are the flashy stand-out colors like red, orange, and a blue like daytonal blue.
Old 06-28-2003, 04:12 PM
john0213

ok so looks like no one knows the colour~

seems like we have to wait for the picture or real car~~
Old 06-28-2003, 08:32 PM
SharpST77

i dont mind another blue!! like a metallic silver blue color...
Old 06-29-2003, 07:32 AM
k2we

It's not had to understand why a third silver.. 54% of the 2003 owners chose a silver as there color.. I have 2 other cars (a Volvo and a GMC Yukon) and they are both silver. Silver does not show dirt as much as any other color. Nissan has chosen to stick with a winner.. From what I understand less than 2% chose brickyard.. Guess that's why they dropped it.. I pre-ordered Chrome Silver without every seeing the color in person, and I'm very happy with it.. I've looked at almost every other color and they all had moderate Orange peel.. Mine has none..

Good Luck with your choice..

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY 10104 miles since Sept 17th...
Old 06-29-2003, 08:40 AM
"Z"

lf you have a silver car and spend hours waxing and polishing, there won't be much of a difference between when it's dirty and when it's polished...That's why l don't like silver.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:02 PM
300ZX

silver is boring; and doesnt stand out. i just dont understand why its such a popular color for this car. the dirty thing? well, if you have a brand new car, chances are you dont let it get dirty anyway, and if you do, you wash it immediately.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:16 PM
soupnazi1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 300ZX
silver is boring; and doesnt stand out. i just dont understand why its such a popular color for this car.
Maybe so people don't target it in the parking lot and "key" it.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:02 AM
abstrakt

i was at the dealer all day sat and sun and the dealers who commented on the new color for the 04s said it is pretty much identical to the 04 maxima color...silver w/a hint of blue. and they also believe that the le mans sunset color is the one that is going to be replaced.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:54 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im trying to undestand why nissan feels they need a 3rd shade of silver for a sports car. if you are getting a flashy sports car, the best colors are the flashy stand-out colors like red, orange, and a blue like daytonal blue.
funny how almost all sports cars started out as silver (porsche roadsters, audi silver streak race cars, MB gullwings, etc.....) thanks for insulting my car.

btw, if you don't know already, RED is a color that fades VERY badly no matter how good the paint is, black shows scratches very easy (most of my crs up to this point have been black), orange is such an off color that I think that that is a HIGHLY personal color (I like it but would never buy it, which is teh same thing to be said for Blue).

Color is a matter of personal taste. I think that some cars look great in silver (the Z, 911s, MB SLs, RX-7s, etc...) while others don't (ferarris, lambos, supras, etc...). That being said, I would NEVER discriminate against another Z based on color, ALL look great!!!! (it is MUCH MUCH better than just looking at another stupid SUV )
Old 07-01-2003, 07:13 AM
Jason Bourne

silver is boring; and doesnt stand out. i just dont understand why its such a popular color for this car. the dirty thing? well, if you have a brand new car, chances are you dont let it get dirty anyway, and if you do, you wash it immediately.

Well, some of us are less **** about appearance. I've only washed my car once (automated wash- not by hand) in 2 months and 5,000 miles of ownership. I don't care if it's dirty as long as my lap times are low. I occasionally clean it when it gets so many bugs and grime that it becomes too much but I really don't need it to be waxed and shiny.

Jason
Old 07-01-2003, 07:17 AM
k2we

RodH, I agree with you 100%.. I've owned a red car (1974 260Z) and after 4 years, it faded very badly.. I would never own another red car.. They look great when new but just wait.. I think the "Z" looks great in any color.. The car drives the same weather it's Red, Silver or Black.. To say Silver is boring is really a immature comment.. Everyone has there own taste and color favorite.. I chose Chrome Silver and I'm very happy.. I get many comments telling me how great the car looks in bright sunlight.. Almost hard to look at it without sun glasses.. Just enjoy your car.. That's what it's made for...

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY 10233 miles since Sept 17th....
Old 07-01-2003, 08:10 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maxima doesnt have THE LIQUID SILVER, as in the preproduction Z color. the Z will not have it either.

ignoring cost, which would be more than 1100$ IMO. nissan does not have the facilities to do it, meaning they have to send the cars out to be painted by a custom shop. they just wouldnt do that, the liquid part of the custom paint wasnt so much the paint as the process it was applied with, nissan could use the paint, charge you extra for it, but unless they applied it correctly it wont be the same.

it will be another silver, albeit a different shade, and might have a slight liquid appearance just by the color of it, not because its some special paint. kinda like how brickyard sorta resembles the color changing paint where its purple or black, its just a property of the color, not because the paint actually has the prisms in it.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:17 PM
DrDrilZ

fwiw, RxO (remember him), says that the new color will NOT be the preproduction show color (that was a special paint process intended for show purposes only). rather, liquid aluminum will be a shade in between the current silvers.

Quick Reply: Got a question about the 04 Z liquid silver/liquid titanium