Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

crazy f'in day

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:09 PM
iMikie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crazy f'in day

I'm going to keep this pretty short, because I'm still shook up about the entire day. I went to get my summer tires back on the car today where I always take it. A reputable place, nice cars there all the time. This one guy has an attitude right away and just seems like a jerk. I go to pick it up, and they aren't finished. They don't even have it jacked up properly. When I left, I went on the freeway. The car started to shake like crazy and make noises. My brother was behind me. He said that the front right tire was ready to fall off! Thank God I made it back to the tire company. I parked staright in the middle of their driveway to make my car priority. After telling the guy hes glad I'm not in the hospital going 60mph and crashing, he has this blank look on his face (this is the manager). No one cared and they just thought I'm too meticulous with my car. They checked it out, and guess what, these guys put one of the rears on the front rights! So after exchanging alot of words, I calmed down and took my car to the dealer. They test drove it with me and said its ok. After some time relaxing at home, I went into the garage to check it out. On my nismo ground effects, I noticed a huge, about 3" long deep scratch! This thing is really deep, all the way dug into the black primer! So thats where I'm at now. So I have to either put some touchup paint or have that piece painted properly. Its just sad that someone who puts on tires everyday has to come along and not give a fu*k about mine and cost me more $ in the end.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:12 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sux...hope u have a better day tomo
Old 03-14-2008, 05:32 PM
iMikie

Originally Posted by soleil350z
that sux...hope u have a better day tomo
thanks I'm trying my best to be optimistic. I know that will make me a better person.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:57 PM
iMikie

oh the other thing is: Since I didn't drive it for a few months. I went to put it in drive and it didn't move out of my garage this morning. I had to give it some gas and it made a loud noise. It would only move in drive if I gave it gas. Not sure if this is normal? I live in Chicago and even when its in the garage, its cold in there, so I'm not sure. I have been starting it every week, but haven't tried to move it. Sorry, I'm a newb...first year of owning my Z. Thanks.

I never have sensed anything wrong with the car in general. Its a 2003 with only 16,000miles or less, immaculate condition.

Last edited by iMikie; 03-14-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:02 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikie92102
oh the other thing is: Since I didn't drive it for a few months. I went to put it in drive and it didn't move out of my garage this morning. I had to give it some gas and it made a loud noise. It would only move in drive if I gave it gas. Not sure if this is normal? I have been starting it every week, but haven't tried to move it. Sorry, I'm a newb...first year of owning my Z. Thanks.
I would get your tranny checked out..and go back to that tire place and have more "words" with the manager about replacing your side skirts.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Default Yikes...

that's a rude awakening
Old 03-14-2008, 06:14 PM
iMikie

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
I would get your tranny checked out..and go back to that tire place and have more "words" with the manager about replacing your side skirts.
It has never done this when I daily drive it, just when it has sat for so long. hmmm. It worries me, but money is tight right now. you sure this isn't normal
Old 03-14-2008, 06:18 PM
iMikie

I'm going to check the fluid in the morning. How could there be a tranny problem at 16k miles!? I think I'm going to lose it if theres a problem.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Willowns

Well I am having the same problem right now...I just got all the carbon cleaned out of my engine and my fuel injectors cleaned and the car is acting weird....maybee Its just the way the car should be? I dont know if the car had ever been tuned or anyhting b4 I bought it used. I am interested in this so hopefully some1 will have an answer
Old 03-14-2008, 06:19 PM
The Captain

oh the other thing is: Since I didn't drive it for a few months. I went to put it in drive and it didn't move out of my garage this morning. I had to give it some gas and it made a loud noise. It would only move in drive if I gave it gas. Not sure if this is normal? I live in Chicago and even when its in the garage, its cold in there, so I'm not sure. I have been starting it every week, but haven't tried to move it. Sorry, I'm a newb...first year of owning my Z. Thanks.

I never have sensed anything wrong with the car in general. Its a 2003 with only 16,000miles or less, immaculate condition.
I'd start it, give it some revs, and if possible take it for a short drive just to keep things moving.

Hope the gash thing works out, always sucks when stuff like that happens.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:30 PM
iMikie

ok doing some quick searching, I read that if the fluid needs to be changed or is low or extremely low, the tranmission doesn't want to move forward while in drive. In some cases, it will "slip" even. So, I am going to check this in the morning. I hope all I need is a tranny fluid change, because I baby this thing and it has such low miles.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:56 PM
dark321devil

Yea. One time i took my dd accord to get my tranny oil changed, and they put about a quarter of what it should be back into the tranny and it acted like yours is. Not moving until u give it gas. also if i was in reverse and put it in drive, it would roll back alittle till i gave it gas.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:01 PM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

That sucks, i would have talked to his supervisor. I'm getting my rotors and brake pads done tomorrow and hope that I won't run into any unexpected issues.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:02 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

They checked it out, and guess what, these guys put one of the rears on the front rights!
Goes to show that if it possible to screw up someone will do it.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:05 PM
4alarm350Z

that sucks hope your tranny is ok, but at least the tire shop didnt screw your car up to bad, i had some like this happen to me when i bought the car it needed new tires so the dealership put new tires on it and about a week later i started hearing a knocking noise come from the front driver side i got looking around the tire and come to find out i could turn all the lug nuts by hand and one stud had already broken off
Old 03-14-2008, 10:59 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having a tough time getting your Z car ready for the nice weather. How is the stereo sounding???
Old 03-15-2008, 06:33 AM
iMikie

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
Having a tough time getting your Z car ready for the nice weather. How is the stereo sounding???
The stereo sounds great. I think starting the car every week helped keep the electronics nice and fresh. I am going to check the tranny fluid level next, and will either get some touchup paint or a quote for the paint. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Someguy350

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

sounds like either your tranny fluid is low, or your torque converter is no good. i would have a hard time believing your TC is no good at 16k mi.

your torque converter is a fluid connection, not mechanical. so if the oil is really cold, its prety viscous. it wont get thrown like it does when its warm. which wont turn your drivetrain very well.

look up torque converters on wikipedia, and that will proly give you a better understanding of it.