Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yes I'm bored...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 09:28 PM
tbcz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Pooh2002
The more I look at all of the pictures available so far, and read about the reactions of those who have seen the car in person, the better I feel about getting one.

I think we will all be very happy with our choices, no matter what color.

Then this board will fill up with stories of where we went and how much interest (envy) our cars generated.
I'm right with ya Poohbear...I haven't seen even the showcar yet and from what everyone who has seen it says, I'm going to likitalot (spoken like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber).

The best thing is that we don't even have the damn things yet and this forum is such a great place. It's only going to get better...
Old 05-23-2002, 01:22 AM
Zay

tbcz,

Let me just start off by saying that you are the BOMB!!! These are the best guestimations of color yet.

I ordered the Silverstone and you have made my day! It looks great! If the color is remotely close to what you've done here I'll be truly happy. But, I must say that the LeMans Sunset is absolutey magnificent!!! Seeing the LeMans Sunset makes me wish that I had ordered it. I thought those that ordered it were taking a gamble but, damn it is sweet! The Brickyard is also nice. Great job!
Old 05-23-2002, 01:41 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey tim-
like my new avatar? Thank you again for that! you're freakin' awesome...
Old 05-23-2002, 09:25 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Default Changing this thread name

tbcz,

It's great to see all colors in one place. I am glad you're boring.

The content you posted is more interesting than the thread name. You might want to consider changing the name for the benefit of other members. It didn't catch my eyes originally until I saw 2 pages of posts before I checked it out.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:37 PM
tbcz

Default Re: Changing this thread name

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z
tbcz,

It's great to see all colors in one place. I am glad you're boring.
I couldn't stop laughing when I read the second sentence of your post!

I thought about changing the thread title as well soon after I started posting them. But I don't think it's possible to change the title once it's started. If anyone knows how please tell me...

Last edited by tbcz; 05-23-2002 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-24-2002, 02:44 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

Still trying to get a feel for what the Brickyard will look like on the car. I took the color page from the brochure out in the bright sun had held it next to a new Merlot colored Maxima.

Even in the bright sun, the color patch looks almost black. No where near as much color as that on the Maxima. I don't know how you can get much information from this patch to use in Photoshop.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:02 AM
tbcz

Originally posted by Pooh2002
Still trying to get a feel for what the Brickyard will look like on the car. I took the color page from the brochure out in the bright sun had held it next to a new Merlot colored Maxima.

Even in the bright sun, the color patch looks almost black. No where near as much color as that on the Maxima. I don't know how you can get much information from this patch to use in Photoshop.
Yeah, there's really no way to recreate what it will look like in photoshop or on a printed page. That swatch was printed using four color process ink (which was pretty cheap on Nissan's part 'cause they could have used a metallic PMS color). It's totally different than the way the pigments and coatings work on a good paint job. One thing though...you can be pretty sure it's gonna look a lot better in person than any picture you've seen!

Last edited by tbcz; 05-24-2002 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-24-2002, 05:36 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Default Re: blue

Originally posted by tbcz
just for you Jill...
Tim,

You forgot to mention that the Daytona Blue is also "just for Jmanz". Have to keep our webmaster happy and working hard for us and may be help you change the tread name. Look like he is no longer disgruntled (today), we'll see tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2002, 05:45 AM
tbcz

Default Re: Re: blue

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z

Tim,

You forgot to mention that the Daytona Blue is also "just for Jmanz". Have to keep our webmaster happy and working hard for us and may be help you change the tread name. Look like he is no longer disgruntled (today), we'll see tomorrow.
HeHeHe...I don't know, he's not really my type...
Old 05-24-2002, 11:05 PM
BILZ Z

Tim,

Thanks for the great job. Now I can finally get a feel for what my Black Z will look like. Now only if I had time to learn how to use photoshop. I'd do all the interiors for you Z fanatics.