Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does anyone know when the 2004 Z will be Available ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 02:22 AM
samw1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 350Z is manufactured in US???????? Then why did the dealer told me they're gonna be on boat in July/Aug, and hit North American Dealers in Sep/Oct?

Old 07-02-2003, 02:41 AM
ZEXC-33

ROFL @ the Z being built in the US. It would make sense tho, given the so-so paint finish and poor interior plastic quality

No no the Z's r in fact made in Japan, hence the trickle of the cars we get here in Aus due to export US demand.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:59 AM
BVO25

Originally posted by limoZine
THE 350Z THAT IS MADE FOR THE U.S. MARKET IS NOT MADE IN JAPAN. THE CARS ARE MANUFACTURED IN THE UNITED STATES. THE REASON I KNOW IS I TRIED TO GET A RIGHT HAND DRIVE VERSION OF THE CAR HERE IN THE STATES, REASON BEING I AM A RIGHT ARM AMPUTEE AND WANTED THE RHD SO I COULD GET A STICK SHIFT. ANYWAYS AFTER DAYS OF TALKING TO THE PEOPLE AT NISSAN NORTH AMERICA ABOUT GETTING A RHD PUT ON THE BOAT WITH THE REST OF THE U.S. CARS THEY INFORMED ME THAT THERE IS NO BOAT TO PUT IT ON AND THAT THE Z'S ARE MANUFACTURED IN THE STATES. MAYBE YOU GUYS OUGHT TO CHECK YOUR WINDOW STICKERS AND SEE WHERE YOUR CAR WAS BUILT.
I hate to say it but whoever you're talking to is giving you bogus information. All Z's are made in Japan and shipped over, period. They don't make a single one here in the states.

I know first hand, family member is an engineer for Nissan and just came back from Japan 6 months ago, is now working in their plant in TN. No Z's are produced in the states.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:20 AM
DBZ

THE 350Z THAT IS MADE FOR THE U.S. MARKET IS NOT MADE IN JAPAN. THE CARS ARE MANUFACTURED IN THE UNITED STATES. THE REASON I KNOW IS I TRIED TO GET A RIGHT HAND DRIVE VERSION OF THE CAR HERE IN THE STATES, REASON BEING I AM A RIGHT ARM AMPUTEE AND WANTED THE RHD SO I COULD GET A STICK SHIFT. ANYWAYS AFTER DAYS OF TALKING TO THE PEOPLE AT NISSAN NORTH AMERICA ABOUT GETTING A RHD PUT ON THE BOAT WITH THE REST OF THE U.S. CARS THEY INFORMED ME THAT THERE IS NO BOAT TO PUT IT ON AND THAT THE Z'S ARE MANUFACTURED IN THE STATES. MAYBE YOU GUYS OUGHT TO CHECK YOUR WINDOW STICKERS AND SEE WHERE YOUR CAR WAS BUILT.

Wow! Someone needs a HUG!

TYPING IN ALL CAPS STILL DOES NOT MAKE YOUR MISSINFORMED STATEMENT VALID!

My question to you is if your right arm is amputated and you are going to use your left hand to shift a RHD vehicle, How will you steer at the same time?

Perhaps with your One-Eyed Friend?

Obviously you don't know **** about bringing vehicles over from other countries. Nissan North America is not going to sell you a vehicle that has been designed for JDM due to EPA and DOT regulations, which the LHD model is certified for.

Where is this fabled Nissan plant that builds 350Z's in Virgina? Probably right next to the Keebler treehouse and those mushrooms that all those Smurfs live in right?

Perhaps you would be better off with an Automatic. Thanks for posting Troll.
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone know when the 2004 Z will be Available ?-assclown.jpg  
Old 07-02-2003, 06:22 AM
KombatKing

Hey Limo,

I'm sorry you lost your right arm, but that doesn't mean you have to lose your cool.

The Z is made in Japan and shipped here. If someone at NNA told you otherwise, they were mistaken.

A while back, someone posted a nice picture of about 50 Zs arriving on the docks fresh off the boat. Now why would they be dockside if they were already here... ?

~KK

Oh and all CAPS is considered shouting....
Old 07-02-2003, 08:48 AM
z-extreme

I placed an order for an '03 on basically April 1st. The dealer told me end of June. Well my 90 days has come and gone still no car. I had called the dealer at about 75 days and they told me no 03 for me and that I was getting an 04. Supposedly my build date is like today, I have no clue about when my car is coming in heck I don't even know if all the options will be right. So I will probably get my car after 5 months or so. Just in time to get ready for storage.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:58 AM
jhchan

DBZ!

oh man I am ROFL that is a great graphic at the end of your post!!! =)

And oh yeah same thing everyone else said. That person at NNA you spoke to was a fool. Its not your fault you got mis-information but it still doesn't make it right.

I'm waiting for my 04 from Jap as we speak also.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:22 AM
DBZ

Originally posted by jhchan
DBZ!

oh man I am ROFL that is a great graphic at the end of your post!!! =)

And oh yeah same thing everyone else said. That person at NNA you spoke to was a fool. Its not your fault you got mis-information but it still doesn't make it right.

I'm waiting for my 04 from Jap as we speak also.
Thanks! I can't take credit for it though. I found it on another forum several years ago and copied it for the right opportunity to use it. If that guy is for real, I still can not comprehend how he is going to steer and shift at the same time. my suspicion is, is that he is a troll cause there are only 4 posts to his name. Plus, why is he so hostile to folks here? Eh, whatever.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:47 AM
bshockley

Originally posted by DBZ
Thanks! I can't take credit for it though. I found it on another forum several years ago and copied it for the right opportunity to use it. If that guy is for real, I still can not comprehend how he is going to steer and shift at the same time. my suspicion is, is that he is a troll cause there are only 4 posts to his name. Plus, why is he so hostile to folks here? Eh, whatever.
If this guy is for real, why doesn't he get an Auto.

Then he can throw it into "sport shift" mode (I forget what it's called) and install some paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

Solves his problem.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:00 AM
DBZ

Originally posted by bshockley
If this guy is for real, why doesn't he get an Auto.

Then he can throw it into "sport shift" mode (I forget what it's called) and install some paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

Solves his problem.
Exactly!!! Buy an Automatic, problem solved, no issues with importing grey market vehicle, etc. Plus, you can probably call Nissan North America, give them some sob story about your missing arm and they will assist with the purchase price and install of the paddles.

There are several manufacturers that provide assistance with what is usually referred to as "mobility assistance" for individuals with disabilities. This guy could totally take advantage of these types of corporate programs and get a Z with mods that are specialized for his needs.

Can you imagine if they considered a bad back a recognized disability and Nissan contributes to the purchase of some Sparcos?
Old 07-02-2003, 12:36 PM
SweatyPalm

Talking

LimoZine said "What Automatic? Is this a new term?"
Old 07-02-2003, 12:58 PM
limoZine

wow, i love it. it makes you guys sooo mad that i said the cars were built in the states, and they are, if any of you saved your window sticker it says printed very clearly so even those of you who think your car was built in japan can read it. it says.......
FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT: NORFOLK, VIRGINIA. THANKS FOR PLAYING....... ROTFL
Old 07-02-2003, 01:20 PM
jhchan

wow, i love it. it makes you guys sooo mad that i said the cars were built in the states, and they are, if any of you saved your window sticker it says printed very clearly so even those of you who think your car was built in japan can read it. it says.......
If it in fact does say that they are talking about port installed options like the floor mats, kick plates, mud flaps etc... in other words "final assembly". Now if it said manufactured in the USA thats a different story.

You can say the same thing for a DELL PC. The parts are all made in Taiwan, China, Japan. But its final assembly is in the US. Does this mean that all the parts were made in the US? Nope.

Its not that being made in the good ole US of A that makes some people mad, it is the spreading of mis-information or mis-interpretation. Besides I am one of the most patriotic asian people I know!!! hahaha ;-)
Old 07-02-2003, 01:35 PM
limoZine

i dont care where the parts are made the entire car is put together, that is what assembly means, in the united states. for those of you who claim to have been to japan and seen the cars being made, i dont doubt that, but those were not U.S. market cars you saw and they were not put on a boat to the U.S. if the cars were made in japan it would say that on the window sticker or inside of the door on the manufacturers plate. sorry to dissapoint all you die hard z fans that your car was not manufactured in japan. call NNA if you really dont believe me. just dont cry when you find out the answer. i also think it is funny that there are probably lots of you guys running to get the window sticker to see if i was right.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:39 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Minor optional things in the car are assembled to the specifications of the dealers in the U.S. The major parts such as engine and suspension wouldn't be manufactured here.

It's like buying a walk/in cake at a supermarket. The cake is baked and frosted. You just ask them to write "happy birthday to me" on it with colored frosting. Basically what we do here in the states is "frost" the last pieces or "assemble" according to regional ordering terms. (floormats, spoilers, lic plate mounts, etc)

I agree some of the responses in here are harsh but that does not relfect our whole 350z community. Caps are considered offensive to some people and I'm sure you were offended in return.

Good luck with your decision...these forums were created for sharing information, debating, and clarifying rumors and truths.

Zeph
Old 07-02-2003, 01:51 PM
jhchan

i dont care where the parts are made the entire car is put together, that is what assembly means, in the united states. for those of you who claim to have been to japan and seen the cars being made, i dont doubt that, but those were not U.S. market cars you saw and they were not put on a boat to the U.S. if the cars were made in japan it would say that on the window sticker or inside of the door on the manufacturers plate. sorry to dissapoint all you die hard z fans that your car was not manufactured in japan. call NNA if you really dont believe me. just dont cry when you find out the answer. i also think it is funny that there are probably lots of you guys running to get the window sticker to see if i was right.
owned...

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.n...M4&&Coupes&&nc

If the link doesn't work go to KBB and look at the specs for a 350Z. And I agree with Zeph, can't we all just get along... I will resist the temptation to use DBZ's graphic
Old 07-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by BVO25
yeah, call now if you want to order. The dealers have a window the first week of each month to place orders....

The '03 orders closed out last month and that's when '04 opened up, I placed mine June 6th, last day to place orders last month.

So get in there before this weekend or else you'll be stuck waiting until first week in August to order.

My delivery was estimated End of August, beginning of July as other people stated.
Did you mean late August/beginning of September?
Old 07-02-2003, 02:26 PM
jikman01

Um....Japan......
Old 07-02-2003, 02:39 PM
limoZine

look if the cars were built in japan it would say that on the window sticker......it doesnt.... it doesnt say japan anywhere on the window sticker.... so if you guys are right you are saying that that cars are half built in japan, shipped over here on a boat and then the rest is put together, keep dreaming.. sorry but the 350z is not built in japan. other countries may get there Zs from japan, but we dont.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:47 PM
limoZine

if the z is put together in japan and shipped to the us on a boat ..prove it... post a picture of a plate on the car or a sticker or something that says were the car was built..

Quick Reply: Does anyone know when the 2004 Z will be Available ?