Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does anyone know when the 2004 Z will be Available ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 03:01 PM
DBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by limoZine
look if the cars were built in japan it would say that on the window sticker......it doesnt.... it doesnt say japan anywhere on the window sticker.... so if you guys are right you are saying that that cars are half built in japan, shipped over here on a boat and then the rest is put together, keep dreaming.. sorry but the 350z is not built in japan. other countries may get there Zs from japan, but we dont.
Like I said, Attack of the Trolls.

I am curious which manufacturing plant in Virgina is Nissan using to build all U.S. market 350Z?
Old 07-02-2003, 03:09 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

MAYBE YOU GUYS OUGHT TO CHECK YOUR WINDOW STICKERS AND SEE WHERE YOUR CAR WAS BUILT.
You were told wrong.

The car is 100% built in Japan.. with only slight 'bolt-on' modifications made at port... like spoilers.. kicker panels.. mats, etc.

Our VINs identify the cars as made in japan.. as well as the window sticker that says '100% japan'

That applies to all Zs.. they are all made in Japan.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:12 PM
limoZine

i dont have a clue what plant they are built at, but we do not import z's into this country, they are built here. i wasnt even trying to start an argument wth everyone, i was just informing that they shouldn't be waiting for the boat to arrive with there z on it. the cars are built here. you can order a brand new z and have it at the dealership within 4 weeks. that is not even long enough for the car to be built and it travel over here on a boat. besides if you all claim that the norfolk virginia point of assembly on the window sticker is wrong and that floor mats are installed there at the port before it arrives at the dealership you are crazy. besides if the cars were coming on a boat they would arrive on the west coast not the east. i dont know where you guys think japan is??
Old 07-02-2003, 03:20 PM
PimpShiFus

Originally posted by flynnibus
You were told wrong.

The car is 100% built in Japan.. with only slight 'bolt-on' modifications made at port... like spoilers.. kicker panels.. mats, etc.

Our VINs identify the cars as made in japan.. as well as the window sticker that says '100% japan'

That applies to all Zs.. they are all made in Japan.
why dont u or someone else scan the window sticker that says "100% Japan" and post the image on here to settle this whole thing??
Old 07-02-2003, 03:23 PM
limoZine

you cant tell anything by just looking at the VIN. the car might be 100% japan parts, but the cars are assembled here
Old 07-02-2003, 03:30 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

but those were not U.S. market cars you saw and they were not put on a boat to the U.S
Wrong. many of us pre-order owners tracked our cars from finish build in japan through their shipping (via boat) the various drop off points in the US. Yes, Norfolk is one of the drop off points for Nissan where they do some final component installation.. specifically aero kits, kicker panels, and mats. There are also about a half dozen other locations where Nissan drops off for delivery in the US.

. if the cars were made in japan it would say that on the window sticker or inside of the door on the manufacturers plate
Which it does. Your VIN specifies the country of orgin (ours is Japan) and, the window sticker specifies what percentage of the car is domestic. Ours is 100% Japan.

My VIN is JN1AZ34E23TOO42xx

Look up what it means for yourself..

http://www.courtesyparts.com/specs/vin.html

Oppama Japan..

If you don't believe a Nissan site.. (or Nissan's Service Manuals..)

Look here

http://www.autonology.com/vin_tips.html

anything else you care to be educated on? Or will you insist on blabbering here without any facts or clues?
Old 07-02-2003, 03:30 PM
DBZ

if the z is put together in japan and shipped to the us on a boat ..prove it... post a picture of a plate on the car or a sticker or something that says were the car was built..
For almost all Japanese manufacturers if the vehicle is manufactured in Japan the first letter of the VIN is a "J".

If the vehicle is manufactured in the USA the the VIN starts with the number "1".

For vehicles manufactured in Canada the VIN begins with the number "2" and if the vehicle is manufactured in Mexico the VIN begins with "3".

For example, an Acura RSX which is manufactured in Japan, the VIN will start with a "JH4"

For an Acura TL which is manufactured in Ohio, the VIN will start with "19U"

For Nissans:

Hear are the VIN ranges, the first 3 letter/number combinations are as followed:

350Z: JN1

350Z Roadster: JN3

Pathfinder: JN8

Altima: 1N4

Maxima: JN1

Sentra: 1N4 or 3N1 because some are manufacturered in the U.S. and some are from Mexico

Frontier: 1N6

Murano: 1N6

Xterra: 1N6

The manufacturing plant where All 350Z's are manufactured: Oppama, Japan.

I highly doubt you spoke to anyone at Nissan North America in Torrance, CA because I just called them at 1-800-NISSAN-1 and spoke to a "Melissa" who provided me with this info.

The fact that you claim to have spent "several days" talking to them in regards to importing a grey market vehicle sounds bogus too.

Your ignorance preceeds you.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:32 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Originally posted by PimpShiFus
why dont u or someone else scan the window sticker that says "100% Japan" and post the image on here to settle this whole thing??
Because its not worth my effort to go through my filing cabinet to go pull it up.

VIN numbers are not just made up.. they follow a specific format.

Plus, for all of us who ordered our cars.. who followed them from production onward.. we know the process.

This guy is about a year late and about 10 clues short.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:35 PM
DBZ

Originally posted by flynnibus
Wrong. many of us pre-order owners tracked our cars from finish build in japan through their shipping (via boat) the various drop off points in the US. Yes, Norfolk is one of the drop off points for Nissan where they do some final component installation.. specifically aero kits, kicker panels, and mats. There are also about a half dozen other locations where Nissan drops off for delivery in the US.

Which it does. Your VIN specifies the country of orgin (ours is Japan) and, the window sticker specifies what percentage of the car is domestic. Ours is 100% Japan.

My VIN is JN1AZ34E23TOO42xx

Look up what it means for yourself..

http://www.courtesyparts.com/specs/vin.html

Oppama Japan..

If you don't believe a Nissan site.. (or Nissan's Service Manuals..)

Look here

http://www.autonology.com/vin_tips.html

anything else you care to be educated on? Or will you insist on blabbering here without any facts or clues?
Ahh! You beat me to it. This LimoZine fool is an idiot. Limo-Troll hope you don't get a Z because your going to give Z owners a bad name.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:37 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DBZ
For almost all Japanese manufacturers if the vehicle is manufactured in Japan the first letter of the VIN is a "J".

If the vehicle is manufactured in the USA the the VIN starts with the number "1".

For vehicles manufactured in Canada the VIN begins with the number "2" and if the vehicle is manufactured in Mexico the VIN begins with "3".

For example, an Acura RSX which is manufactured in Japan, the VIN will start with a "JH4"

For an Acura TL which is manufactured in Ohio, the VIN will start with "19U"

For Nissans:

Hear are the VIN ranges, the first 3 letter/number combinations are as followed:

350Z: JN1

350Z Roadster: JN3

Pathfinder: JN8

Altima: 1N4

Maxima: JN1

Sentra: 1N4 or 3N1 because some are manufacturered in the U.S. and some are from Mexico

Frontier: 1N6

Murano: 1N6

Xterra: 1N6

The manufacturing plant where All 350Z's are manufactured: Oppama, Japan.

I highly doubt you spoke to anyone at Nissan North America in Torrance, CA because I just called them at 1-800-NISSAN-1 and spoke to a "Melissa" who provided me with this info.

The fact that you claim to have spent "several days" talking to them in regards to importing a grey market vehicle sounds bogus too.

Your ignorance preceeds you.

Um..*clears throat*

OWNED!
Old 07-02-2003, 03:37 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

wow, i love it. it makes you guys sooo mad that i said the cars were built in the states, and they are, if any of you saved your window sticker it says printed very clearly so even those of you who think your car was built in japan can read it. it says.......
FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT: NORFOLK, VIRGINIA. THANKS FOR PLAYING....... ROTFL
Oh.. and BTW.. thats only for cars delivered to this area..

There are several ports where cars are dropped off.. including Jaxsonville, FL, LA, and some points north as well.

Nissan ships the car to their drop off points.. rather then putting them on trains across the entire country. Which port you car got delievered to depends on where your dealer is.

You could do endless searches on this topic if you cared to.. but instead you insist on latching onto one fact and misreading it.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:45 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

you can order a brand new z and have it at the dealership within 4 weeks. that is not even long enough for the car to be built and it travel over here on a boat. besides if you all claim that the norfolk virginia point of assembly on the window sticker is wrong and that floor mats are installed there at the port before it arrives at the dealership you are crazy. besides if the cars were coming on a boat they would arrive on the west coast not the east. i dont know where you guys think japan is??
you can get a car that quickly if your order matches existing inventory. The average wait after your can was finished being built.. and was assigned a VIN was 4-6 weeks. You car is assigned a VIN after it's assembly is complete. That VIN is then put into the order system, after which the dealer sees on their inventory reports. The dealer can also find out when the car has arrived in port, and after that they get an estimated delivery date.

All of our pre-orders we were able to track to when their build schedule was, to when they were assigned a VIN, to indirectly finding out which ship they were on, to knowing when they arrived in port.. for some (during the aero kit shortage) the wait for their car to leave port for final delivery to the dealer.

I don't know why you insist on dragging this on.. where there are literally thousands of people here who actually HAVE Zs.. and who followed the entire process.. including (for some) nearly daily conversations with Nissan NA.

****.. we even had it down to posting th boat schedules, and people posting when (and with pictures) cars being unloaded in port... just for the beauty of seeing entire fleets of Zs waiting for some love.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:34 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Default And because I like a good beat down..

Just to prove the point even more.. to show your ignorance of the topic.. I refer you to Nissan's own website.. nissannews.com

Look at Nissan NA Manufacturing

http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/...ng/index.shtml

You'll notice Nissan NA has plants in Miss., Tenn, and Mexico.... oops.. SURPISE.. none in Virginia (or NC).

You'll also notice the Z isn't listed in the cars built in those plants.. SURPISE..

Anything else???
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone know when the 2004 Z will be Available ?-pricelesssoccer.jpg  
Old 07-02-2003, 04:50 PM
f0oLz

man... someone got owned here.. ! hahah
Old 07-02-2003, 05:16 PM
jikman01

Limozine is getting some serious mileage out of some deep BS.

I can't belive the comment on if the cars are coming from Japan they would go to the west coast of the US and not the east.

Ever heard of this little thing called the Panama Canal? Duh

I personally have seen these cars go through there coming from where?.....um Japan!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 09:22 PM
limoZine

if your car was built in japan, it would say oppama japan on the window sticker...??? as the place assembled. my bmw says germany, my escalade says texas, but the z doesnt say japan...
keep on cryin
Old 07-02-2003, 09:58 PM
Linh811

how many times must you get ****in owned?? **** someone plz take the man's Z away before he embarasses us any more. did you not follow ANY of the links provided for your self-education?
Old 07-02-2003, 10:23 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

if your car was built in japan, it would say oppama japan on the window sticker...??? as the place assembled. my bmw says germany, my escalade says texas, but the z doesnt say japan...
keep on cryin
Yes.. you are right.. its all a conspiracy! The Z is really built in a top secret plant in Virginia.. and not by Nissan.. its built by aliens!

Jesus you are dense.

You are so enthralled with your window sticker.. you should read the part that says 100% Japan. Or read anything else on the topic.

I'm suspecting someone else is writing these posts for you.. because I'm seriously doubting your ability to read at all.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:33 PM
350zroadster

Oh god, this debate(best word I can come up with) is still going on?

I live in Virginia and can tell you there are no Nissan Plants in VA.

Norfolk VA is a marine port.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:43 PM
bshockley

This guy will keep posting because he gets off on it.

If we just ignore him he will go away (hopefully).

Fine, let him think the Z car is built in VA. As a matter of fact, let him yell it out to the world. Those of us who care, know better.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know when the 2004 Z will be Available ?