Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Think I might have been ripped off . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 05:05 AM
cloud381

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
Please scan and post. Thanks.
I don't have the window spec sheet I saw at the dealership. All I've got is the one I found in the car - and actually this sheet shows the car having chrome wheels which my car definitely does not have. I didn't think it was the correct spec sheet for my car until I saw the VIN numbers match and all of the other options (other than the wheels) were exactly what was on my car.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:14 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cloud381
I don't have the window spec sheet I saw at the dealership.
Sorry buddy but I don't see any evidence of fraud or deceit.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:00 AM
cloud381

Not even a signed copy of the contract which shows they are claiming to sell me a Touring?
Old 04-06-2008, 06:15 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

So call the dealer!
Old 04-06-2008, 06:18 AM
cloud381

I will tomorrow, they are unfortunately closed on Sundays. Believe me if I had the choice I would have already talked to them about this.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:06 AM
carbon z

When you go back to the dealer, 1. they claimed they would'nt deal with you if you bought a dealer trade car. 1a. From what you're saying, the car you bought is a dealer trade car. 2. I'm not a lawyer, so if you want a leg to stand on? don't go with the advise of an armchair lawyer. 3. I would get educated on the model differences. Google the Z for the information or check out the 08 line folder on the 350Z. Should be in the showroom in a display rack. Great reading material when you are just sitting around! 4. Find a lawyer, at least get his advise about the matter, to me I would'nt feel good about this if I went unprepaired.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:39 AM
ZKansasZ

GO BACK TO THE DEALER AND START QUESTIONING THEM !!!

YOU have enough evidences: The car and the contract.

the end!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:35 AM
N350ZT

you probably did not get the LSD, this suck.
I ad the same probleme with my dealer. He was ready to sale me any thing that came is way, instead of what I wanted.
I wanted leather seats "I can get you this car, and I put leather in it"
I wante LSD,( my last 300ZX did not have ot and it was a pain! "that one got LDS"! I did my home work, and the base model do not have LSD!
They would've done any thing to get me to buy the one they add it was not even funny.
I researched for 4 months before I finaly lock down the one I wanted.
If it was for the dealership, I would,ve pay 36 grands for a car that I did not like.
I told them so at one point too!, They where like, after going thru milles of cars they could get right now" Do you really want a 350Z"
I was like " Yes but I am not going to pay 36 grands for a car that do not like!"
You got to get there ready when you got to a dealer ship, specially when buying a car like this.
They will lie to you to your face.
Mine even told me there finacing from Nissan was 6% come to find out at closing it was 8% I was p... !
I gesse they think because I got one accent, it is faire game.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:04 AM
cambo350z

well u probably should of did your homework on the z before driving off. i clearly would of have know what i was driving off with.. base has no leather and touring has it standard. they might let you return it if u raise hell but i believe they will want more money from you though. 27k for a touring is a good deal. the salesman probably didn't know the differences of his Z's..base to touring to grand touring..all he probably knew was manual vs. auto.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:05 AM
WhiskeyHotel

My guess is that they really have no clue what they sold you. When I was looking for my Z (used), the salesman raised the hood and noticed a NISMO sticker on the tower bar. He says, "Oh, man this is the NISMO model." Puhllease. I told him that if he didn't know anything about the 350Z cars, he needed to keep quiet.

Although most of us Z folks would do a lot of homework on this purchase, I don't think it is reasonable for the lay person to have to do this.

Bill

Last edited by WhiskeyHotel; 04-06-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:23 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Added aggravation, my friend: ATs are TOPS--NO glitches/complaints! On the
other hand, MTs are always getting the bad rap 'cause of their clunky beha-
vior. Little annoyances, sounds, etc. So, go back & make your rightful claim!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:30 AM
medic165

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not even a signed copy of the contract which shows they are claiming to sell me a Touring?
scan and post, thanks.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:40 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

If your contract says you bought a Touring model, you have an excellent case.

I'd go back to the dealer; if they don't "fix" it, call Nissan USA.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Pernundel

I checked the contract I signed with them and while it does list the VIN number of the car I bought, it also clearly lists that I am purchasing a 2007 MT Touring model. There's a $3,000 difference in price between the two models and this was a significant factor in my deciding to get this car instead of a 2008 model. I know this is my fault for not making sure before I bought the car, but the salesman verified to me multiple times that it was a Touring model, and I had no reason to doubt what he was saying. Am I screwed or is there anything I can do about this?
Your contract states it is a Touring model. Don't dick with the dealer, get an attorney and let them handle it. Regardless if the 'Touring model" is a misprint, it is still fraud.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:41 PM
GSX-R350Z

Whose side are you on?
"Sorry buddy" a spec sheet in the trunk is **** on a stick, but a contract signature is everything. Therefore he does have evidence of fraud and deceit whether it be intentional or not.

As the OP has stated he has a signed contract stating that he bought a "2007 Nissan 350Z Touring Edition" just like my contract says. Before I drive off the lot I inspected the car and made sure I had everything I needed. I think it's pretty idiotic for the salesman and dealership not to inspect the car before letting a "possible" lifetime customer drive it off the lot.

Who says a customer has to know everything about a car before they buy it. Sure it's good to know, I'm not saying you should walk into the dealership and trust everything the salesman says. It is misleading for a salesman to give out incorrect information to the customer.

You have a case either they take back the car and give you a new one, or threaten to take it to court. The contract says it all.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
blazed54

dropping close to $30k on a car without reading the brochure.....FTL!! OP you fail in this forum and in life. Considering the vast differences between touring and the enthusiast/base models, I find it odd that you insisted on a touring model and yet somehow ended up with a base model.... if your contract states you were sold a touring then you have a very strong case against the dealer. don't put all the blame on the salesman. regardless of what he told you, when you spend that kind of money, YOU should know what you're purchasing.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Teufel
Banned

Originally Posted by blazed54
dropping close to $30k on a car without reading the brochure.....FTL!! OP you fail in this forum and in life. Considering the vast differences between touring and the enthusiast/base models, I find it odd that you insisted on a touring model and yet somehow ended up with a base model.... if your contract states you were sold a touring then you have a very strong case against the dealer. don't put all the blame on the salesman. regardless of what he told you, when you spend that kind of money, YOU should know what you're purchasing.
Don't give me that sh*t. The salesman's sole purpose is to be an expert on the product he/she is selling. Not everyone scours the damn internet researching cars all day long and it sounds like consumer was duped into buy a car other than advertised.

Take that sh*t back and raise hell. Tell that sales person to find a new profession. I hear McDonalds is hiring.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:39 PM
blazed54

Originally Posted by opathal
Don't give me that sh*t. The salesman's sole purpose is to be an expert on the product he/she is selling. Not everyone scours the damn internet researching cars all day long and it sounds like consumer was duped into buy a car other than advertised.

Take that sh*t back and raise hell. Tell that sales person to find a new profession. I hear McDonalds is hiring.
it takes 10 seconds to open up the brochure and see what is available with the touring model... and in addition, the op was looking SPECIFICALLY for a touring model. why would he do that unless he knew the benefits of the touring over the other trims....
Old 04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
krazy k

sorry to hear what happened but you should have done a little more research.
So far... every time i have went to a car dealership and test drove a car, i found out that I know more about the car then they did. Except one dealership which they actually had a Z expert (lol sorta). The base isn't that bad because the new ones have LSD's and xenon lights i believe. I dont think you really need a 6 cd changer or the Bose sound system but, the leather seats that are heated are pretty nice during the winter. Hope you straighten things out.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:11 PM
medic165

Originally Posted by blazed54
even though I feel bad for the OP, I have to agree with this post ^^^
OP, you need to go back to stealership, since you have a strong case, but next time around, YOU have to know your purchase.

Quick Reply: Think I might have been ripped off . . .