Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Think I might have been ripped off . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:20 PM
GSX-R350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He made a mistake and realized his mistake. He's asking for help from fellow 350Z Enthusiasts and some of you guys are flaming him? He's learned his lesson and now seeks help. Just give advice and leave the flames out.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:53 AM
Louis21

How much was price of the car? I mean If i'm going to buy a Touring and end up paying 27K (w/o trade in) i know theres something fishy there. You mentioned there was a 3K difference, that's 31K....even then, my Enthusiast had a 31K MSRP so again something would have raised a flag this being a Touring
I would go and raise hell...and if not call one of those News Action lines to make a fuss about it
Old 04-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Stogge

Originally Posted by j.arnaldo
Added aggravation, my friend: ATs are TOPS--NO glitches/complaints! On the
other hand, MTs are always getting the bad rap 'cause of their clunky beha-
vior. Little annoyances, sounds, etc. So, go back & make your rightful claim!
LoL... Yes all sports cars should be in AT... Anyways, I would go back to the dealership and just try to level with them at first... Maybe they honestly did not know that they made a mistake, and they will be open to compensation, or making it right... However, if they shut you down, I would get a lawyer (Or legal advice anyway), and make my moves very calculated...

Cool down before you go in, acting out of pure emotion sometimes backfires... Be firm, but controlled...
Old 04-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Jenn350Z

Any updates??? This is interesting!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:30 AM
ZKansasZ

I think he is beating up the sale man right now...
Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 AM
cloud381

Update:

I called the sales guy and the first thing I asked him was to confirm to me that he sold me a new 2007 350Z Touring. He said yes (a little confused as to why I asked), and I responded that the car was not in fact a Touring. Immediately the guy changes his tune and acts like he's surprised that I didn't know the car was a Touring.

I tell him that he was the one who told me the car was a Touring and I thought I had no reason not to believe him. He responded that it was my responsibility to make sure the car I was buying was in fact a Touring and then tries to claim that he thought I didn't want a Touring model when I decided to buy the car. I asked him about the fact that my contract says Touring model on it and he admits that he made a mistake in writing Touring on the contract. He said that since we were looking at SO many different cars at the time that he was having trouble keeping it all straight (even though at no time did I ever say I wanted anything other than a Touring). While he admits to the mistake on the contract that I have, he said that none of the other papers I signed (which I don't have a copy of) say Touring on it and the contract I have isn't really the sales contract.

At this point he said he's not willing to cancel the deal but he's willing to "work with me" on getting me the car I want at "minimal" loss. He's offered to buy back the car they sold me and find me an actual Touring model "for a great deal". I've lost all trust for this guy and I don't want to go back there and just get worked over again. I don't really know what to do at this point but talking to him has been like talking to a wall. I have to say I'm pretty upset and I'm considering what legal options I have.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Louis21

I would be there raising hell in person and talking to this guy's boss not that salesman...while making a big fuss about how I will be taking legal action etc...
minimal loss? come on they sold you a different car than what you paid for, last time i checked that's fraud and they should be bending over backwards.. if all else fails bad publicity will do...
Reminds me of the post a few days ago about the dealership who backed off selling a BMW to the highest bidder on ebay because they thought the price would go higher..
Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe your car is a Base.. because Base didn't come in automatic.. only 6MT

...and I didn't think Enthusiasts came with a Nav option either?

So maybe your car IS a Touring .. but someone swapped out the leather with cloth seats? It's easy enough to swap out the seats, it's only 4 bolts that hold it down..

Just a thought anyways..

--mike
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 AM
cloud381

It's a manual transmission with no 6 CD changer, no Bose sound system, and no VDC. It's definitely a base.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:32 AM
SargentZ

Poor OP, but in this day an age, a salesman job is not to make sure you get a good deal, it's to sell the uninformed a car for as much as possible.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 AM
SargentZ

Originally Posted by cloud381
It's a manual transmission with no 6 CD changer, no Bose sound system, and no VDC. It's definitely a base.
no true...

My Enthusiast is manual, no bose and no VDC, unless you're confusing VSD with LSD.

Enthusiast have an LSD, TCS, and crusie control. If he has no 'steering wheel' controls and no LSD, then he has a base.

Advice for anyone buying a car. Look at the window sticker for the final say on options, that is after you've matched the VIN# on the car to that on the sticker, common sense really.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
cloud381

The window sticker at the dealership said it was a Touring. That was something I checked the first time I saw the car. But it wasn't the same window sticker that I have now (another reason why I think they may have done this on purpose). Also I do not have any steering wheel controls (definitely no cruise control). I am positive this is a base.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

You have a BAse Model since you said you don't have cruise, Gl at the stealership!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 AM
06blueZ

hey cloud, what stealership was this? Bommarito? somethin shady here for sure...
Old 04-07-2008, 09:53 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Call and speak with the GM!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 AM
cloud381

Originally Posted by 06blueZ
hey cloud, what stealership was this? Bommarito? somethin shady here for sure...
It's the Suntrup dealership in South County.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that you MUST talk to the General Manager. The salesman is going to try and hide problems from their GM's to avoid getting written up or fired. The manager may not even know about the situation! Good luck. Post an update.

Last edited by ecorona6; 04-07-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:40 AM
ZKansasZ

take it to GM, take it to Nissan !
dont give up just at the sale man gate!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:50 AM
bmaiZ

The window sticker at the dealership said it was a Touring. That was something I checked the first time I saw the car. But it wasn't the same window sticker that I have now (another reason why I think they may have done this on purpose). Also I do not have any steering wheel controls (definitely no cruise control). I am positive this is a base.
no cruise control then it's a base. you feel stupid when stuff like this happen.
it's bad situation...
yup, go straight to GM or higher.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Jenn350Z

Well I can't really tell for sure because US pricing is different from CND pricing but was the price paid for this Z in the Base model range or in the Touring price range??

Quick Reply: Think I might have been ripped off . . .