Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealers Can't Service Car!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 12:54 PM
BlueBlur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealers Can't Service Car!!

My Z has the well known Tire Feathering Probleming and I went to go get new Tires put on the car and fix the alignment but the dealer I bought the car from as well as another independent dealer couldn't change my tires. They can't get the Tire off the rim The dealer can't do warrenty work!? They both told me they couldn't b/c they didn't have the machine to break the bead on the tire. These are Nissan Factory Rims and Nissan Factory Tires ORIGINIAL EQUIPMENT!!!

They can't change a tire

I called Nissan North America and they told me that they can't make a dealer get the right equipment to service a car that they liscense them to sell!? The only time they can do that is if enough people call and complain and there is a recall.

I have been fighting with the dealer I bought the car from to get some kind of conpensation on this matter. The next Nissan dealer is 30miles away.

The Nissan Dealers are HALL NISSAN in Newport News, VA and POMOCCO NISSAN in Hampton,VA
Jeff Evans and flat out told me they can't get the tire off

Pomocco's service dept told they could get it off and after 6 hours and scratching my the rim. there he said he didn't They couldn't get it off and that was as of July 2nd.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:37 PM
EnthusiastZ

Are you serious? You mean HALL Nissan is not equipped to handle this problem. Their facility on Jefferson is quite new I believe. What about a dealer in Va Beach? This concerns me as I am transfering to the Newport News/Hampton area this fall
Old 07-04-2003, 06:25 PM
WayneTN

The dealer is correct. He will need the better equipment to get the tires off. The dealer that I went to had the right equipment, but they still had a problem and messed up both front wheels when they did the work. After I pointed it out to the service manager and told them that trying to repaint the bad areas wasn't good enough, they agreed to replace the wheels with new ones, which they did. As I drove away, the left front tire pressure monitor never started working. Looks like now they've messed that up!

WayneTN
Old 07-05-2003, 07:48 AM
Them Bones

This shouldn't even be something you have to deal with. If the dealer can't do the work, they need to contract with another shop that can. This is done all the time and should be completely transparent to you. Not all dealers are equiped to handle all types of repairs, especially tranny, body work, etc. I haven't heard of a dealer not being able to replace a tire, though!
Old 07-06-2003, 07:50 AM
nosuchsol

Is this with all three versions of the OE rim or just the Track Rim?
Old 07-06-2003, 08:44 PM
dam294

Man, I feel your pain. I got the same story at my dealer. They say they will replace my tires because of feathering, then they tell me they can't get the damn tires off .
Old 07-11-2003, 08:35 AM
BlueBlur

Post FOLLOW UP

The Hall dealer doesn't have the equipment and has yet found a place to contract the work out too neither has Pomocco Nissan in Hampton. The guy at Pomocco F-UP my one of my rims and then denied it I couldn't get anything out of the service manager.

I had to go to Tire City and get my Tires replaced and it cost 4hrs of my time and $98

Jeff Evans at Hall though did give me a $40 store credit for it and was looking to contract the work out to those guys.

POMOCCO NISSAN SUCKS!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:42 AM
geezer902

Even the local Good Year store tells me they can't handle wheels 18" and larger because they don't have the machinery. The way he tells it, the machine is a specialty item and is so expensive they can't profit from owning it because so few cars have the large wheels. Not worth the investment.

I only thought to ask because I was interested in getting someone local to do the mounting, balancing, etc., for seasonal tire changes.

what we get for "the latest thing." J
Old 07-11-2003, 11:53 AM
LBSOHK

i was loosing air in my tire , went to the strauss , couldnt do it , pep boys either ,told me to go to my dealer... i just went to a local tire shop , they had the right equipment , 10 minutes i was out on the road...
Old 07-11-2003, 01:23 PM
350zdanny

I go to a tuner shop near me that has a fully outfitted garage. They do all my small maintenance jobs for cost because I dropped alot of cash in there.

My recommendation would be to build a relationship with a good shop and stick with them.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:31 PM
350zdanny

Or if you have an Infiniti dealer near you they must have the proper machinery. Those FX35/45's have huge rims.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:11 AM
99AllTurbo

Originally posted by WayneTN
The dealer is correct. He will need the better equipment to get the tires off.
THis is the reason my dealer scratched my rims. They also must not have the right equipment. It's an old dealer. They tried to fix the scratches once and were not succesfull. They asked for another chance and agreed, but the mgr said her will get me new wheels if they all the scratches are not gone.

I'm just wondering who's gonna do the tire change when they have to get me new wheels.

BTW, they also can't seem to get my car aligned. Their stupid tech says it's not pulling and it's in spec, yet on every single road I drive on, the car pulls to the right. WTF??!! The first time they told me this at 200 miles, I took the tech on the rood and the car pulled to the right and his excuse was that I needed to break-in the suspension. Three thousand miles later the car still pulls to the right and they claim it's not. I'll prove them wrong again this week.

If they don't get this all taken care of one last time, I'm going to have to travel further to the next dealer. This is pathetic.