Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Totaled the Z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
iheartmyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totaled the Z...

ok well here it goes...i was going home from work/sheetz at 12:30 last night...minding my own business...going the speed limit...and im come up to a pretty long straight road...continue my journey home and i see some sort of big truck in the middle of the road straying twards me...he keeps going more and more over the double yellow and i swerve left to avoid a head-on and then i see a telephone pole right on the side of the road so i jack the wheel back to the fight and the rear of my car kicked out in the gravel, missing the pole by a couple inches, the car goes slideways as i try to counter-steer....into one tree, the car spins into another tree, a fence, some wet bush, another tree (not 2 trees as stated before but 3), then across the road and sat in someone's lawn. i move the air bags, look out my passenger window, see the truck sitting in the road (in my lane) and then he just takes off...didn't really catch the license plate...xxx-5345 or something along those lines. the truck was some sort of old chevy or ford or something...i got my camera developed and will be scanning the pix soon...probably tonight...as for me, i'm ok...a little butt hurt about my car but physically ok...lump on my head and bruised wrist...hopefully i can buy the car back and put the brembos, engine/trans/dif.... in a 240 and get another z....

pix:

Last edited by iheartmyz; 04-15-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:05 AM
350z2go

dam man glad u ok!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

From the description, I'm glad you're okay. The Z can be replaced.

(Can't see the pictures on my work server)
Old 04-15-2008, 11:20 AM
k6750gsxr

holy crap that thing took a beating .... glad to see your ok after something like that .
Old 04-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Brrcats

that'll buff right out
Old 04-15-2008, 11:27 AM
ZKansasZ

sorry about your misfortune.
how was was you driving? its a narrow road and the damage looks like the car had hit the tree really hard!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:27 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

rip z car
Old 04-15-2008, 11:31 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn man sorry for your loss and im glad you're ok
Old 04-15-2008, 11:38 AM
WhiteNoiz

So the guy just left? What a d-bag! Glad your ok man. You may want to edit the story real fast. you have that you swerved left, and saw the telephone pole, the jerked it back to the left. Looks like you swerved left, saw the pole, and jerk right...
Old 04-15-2008, 11:45 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down

worst accident I'v seen on the forums yet...by a member. Its good to see your ok especially after the looks of the car. Good luck on finding the a$$ hat driver of the truck....almost sounds like it was done on purpose and had himself a little laugh after seeing you wreck.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:53 AM
iheartmyz

fixed the post...there was a lot of steering involved in a short ammount of time...i shoulda just said that...but anywho, going to talk to the insurance guy tomorrow, hopefully they'll give me over 14,000...i had a guy coming to buy the car for 16,500 in two weeks...i'm thinkin about putting flowers and crosses at the tree and like a little note that says "replaced but never forgotten" (obviously refering to the Z) so when the guy drives past again, he'll think he killed me...
Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 AM
SSZVirginia

Were you ticketed? Are the police looking for the truck based on the partial tag number and description you gave them?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iheartmyz
i'm thinkin about putting flowers and crosses at the tree and like a little note that says "replaced but never forgotten" (obviously refering to the Z) so when the guy drives past again, he'll think he killed me...
YES
Old 04-15-2008, 12:06 PM
iheartmyz

Originally Posted by SSZVirginia
Were you ticketed? Are the police looking for the truck based on the partial tag number and description you gave them?
funny you should ask...the cops that came to the scene said that when ever there is an accident, they give SOMEONE a ticket for SOMETHING because it obviously had to happen because someone was doing something wrong...in the case of a "phantom driver", as the cop explained, where the only witness, other person involved is non existant they can only go by what evidence is given. SO...they measured everything and took my story and found that i really was going the speed limit, on a dry/straight road and the only thing that i possibly could've done was what i did, it was pretty open and close. they couldn't give me a ticket for "going too fast for driving conditions" which is ALWAYS what they give to someone who just loses control of their car, because again, i wasn't speeding and it was a straight road and the tire marks indicate i swerved to miss an object in the complete opposite lane and the gravel made my car go sideways...

as for the truck...they took what i had, which really was vague considering i was completely like in shock about what happened and just like saw him as he drove away, and said they'll keep a look out or look further into this matter or something along those lines...but there are a million old pick up trucks where i live and nothing really will be done...even if they find the guy who actually did it, they can't prove anything because i didn't get his WHOLE plate and he could just say he has no clue what they're talking about...
Old 04-15-2008, 12:09 PM
militia

this story just pissed me off..

people like that guy in the truck need to die..

im glad your ok man..

i hope your insurance pulls through
Old 04-15-2008, 12:10 PM
EZ E

im not sure if i believe the story of how it happened but nice to see nobody got hurt regardless. good luck!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 PM
iMikie

Originally Posted by EZ E
im not sure if i believe the story of how it happened but nice to see nobody got hurt regardless. good luck!
I can believe it. People are f'in crazy.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
JSDZ33

you could have been in serious trouble and the guy in the truck just took off?? what if you needed 911 dialed or something? what an ***!!! people like that **** me off!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:16 PM
iheartmyz

Originally Posted by EZ E
you really have to be from the area to understand...there are HUNDREDS of rednecks that just get drunk, drive around, shoot deer, and do stupid ****...i could've just as easily said a deer ran out...but that wouldn't do anything...i posted this on a local car club forum with the hopes of them hearing something about someone who did something stupid with a truck recently...
Old 04-15-2008, 12:18 PM
SSZVirginia

Why not believe him? I take him at his word.

Quick Reply: Totaled the Z...