Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are YOU doing on your ETA?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 06:33 AM
ICYBLUE1203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by nickdtm

I don't know if Maryland has similar laws or not. My employer didn't mention any.

I want to work at a car dealership next summer... most require you to be 18. Maybe I should work at a Nissan dealer DISCOUNT!!
I always wanted to do that! We have 100's of dealers here in LA, but I dont know if you make a lot of money. I guess I can, since I would know all the info on the cars I'm selling and I'm honest!!! LOL
Old 08-16-2002, 06:36 AM
nickdtm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ICYBLUE1203

I always wanted to do that! We have 100's of dealers here in LA, but I dont know if you make a lot of money. I guess I can, since I would know all the info on the cars I'm selling and I'm honest!!! LOL
You might not make as much but the benefit of a discount on the car and getting experience would definitely help. This is where I want to go for my career so it would make sense for me. It depends on your goals.

Sorry to pollute this thread, lol. We're not exactly on topic
Old 08-16-2002, 06:41 AM
2003z

[QUOTE
ps. the coolest thing about making mad money is the paychecks <b>actually get larger </b>part-way through the year after they stop pulling Social security tax out! [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, but unfortunately, they are raising the amount of earnings they tax by about $4600 per year. Even though my pay has gone up and up over the last 5 years, I still can't pay it off before august (I just did, by the way).
Old 08-16-2002, 07:02 AM
mattyZ

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
I am the lead global network engineer for my company. just about 2 months out from getting my CCIE.

Dude, don't you have to go to Cisco HQ for the labs? I'm an MCSE and a I have my CCNA which was cake, but the CCIE is killer. There are not many in the country.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:06 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came from a wealthy background, and by reading a lot of the previous posts, I see that many of you have also. However, I will stir the pot here by saying:

All I know is that even though I'm young, I can stand here and say that I paid my entire way through school, paid off my car, got a job, pay rent, and at still feel that I earned what I got. I came from a wealthy family, but didn't take a cent from them, as I felt that I needed to earm my merit. And that I did. I feel like I've gotten more out of life as a result, and I'm proud of that. I don't take hand-me-downs, and I don't give them. Thank you, but I'm happy at how I got where I was, and it was all by my self.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:13 AM
raceboy
Banned

In college I worked selling high end home audio/home theater components. I was making more in college than most of my friends were making 5 years out. So I kept doing it after i graduated for a number of years. I used to have friends come in that had "professional" jobs and they would act like they were all superior making 35 or 40 K a year. Then I would show them what I was pulling in a month and they would be blown away. I was making 2-3 times what they were!

My tip for the younger guys is that if you want to make some serious money, get a 100% commission sales job. You'll have to work your *** off, but you will be paid well and you'll never have to ask for a rasie. If you are good at it, you will never be without a job. People will come looking to hire you.