Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does the general public see interlagos fire as an ugly color??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:56 PM
lowtempo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

sick ride!
Old 04-26-2008, 06:55 PM
03Zilverstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weak 350z
interlagos fire...
That is beautiful.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:26 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If I had to choose from any color thats availible for a Z interlagos would be near last.....BUT! I would choose interlagos over a yellow Z take that as you will( i dont like brickyard either really) Shades or red or purplish red have never been my taste. If you like it thats whats important. Having a Z and certainly what color it is has never been a popularity contest. You are riding in a 350z so its automatically sexy...it could be worse
Old 04-26-2008, 07:33 PM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it, there is one coupe and one roadster in town. I don't think they look bad at all.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
kaizenro1

I think we'll all look back and see what a bold move Nissan made with the color pallettes for the 350Z.

I might've hated some colors at one point but then I'll see the color with the right rims and quickly change my mind!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Marc Mc

I find it humorous the only hate for the color comes from other Z owners on this forum.

If you don't like it, just say it isn't your choice. Don't go bagging on other Z owners and their choices just because IF doesn't fit your narrow band of color preference.

Peace.
Marc
Old 04-27-2008, 07:54 AM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is funny because I had a couple friends over for a cigar and few beers. One is an Sti owner and the other owns a Hummer H2 truck. They were talking about my Z and how much they liked the color. They were then talking about how much they liked the dark purple Z in town. They thought it looked really nice. He also has some nice 20's on it which helps but still, they thought it looked very nice.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:45 AM
350LowLife

Originally Posted by ZR_Yancy
Don't take this personally.

IMO...The color of your car tells your personality.

Black, white, silver, etc..= drab, boring, plain, scared to step outside the box, playing it safe. These colors are the most common at stealerships so these are a dime a dozen on the streets.

Red, blue, orange, yellow, purple, etc.. = knows what he/she wants. Usually leaders, not followers. Don't care what others think. Bold. Less of these at stealerships so not as common on the roads. Not scared to step outside the box & be different.

You all calling the bold colored Z's attention ****** are just jealous because they get more attention. Why do you drive a Z? Because it looks good performs well AND gets "attention" because of its appearance! If you don't care about your care getting attention, get an econo box with a good powerplant such as an STI or an Evo.

Well stated and absolutely true. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I saw a quote in someones sig a while back that says " Be Different, Just like everyone else."

I like 'Interlagos Fire'....I drive Solar Orange.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:05 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Black, white, silver, etc..= drab, boring, plain, scared to step outside the box, playing it safe. These colors are the most common at stealerships so these are a dime a dozen on the streets.

Red, blue, orange, yellow, purple, etc.. = knows what he/she wants. Usually leaders, not followers. Don't care what others think. Bold. Less of these at stealerships so not as common on the roads. Not scared to step outside the box & be different.

You all calling the bold colored Z's attention ****** are just jealous because they get more attention. Why do you drive a Z? Because it looks good performs well AND gets "attention" because of its appearance! If you don't care about your care getting attention, get an econo box with a good powerplant such as an STI or an Evo.
that makes sense

jim
Old 04-27-2008, 01:29 PM
CRAYY Z

I always receive compliments on my IF. But when it comes to selling the car, the excuse of many people is they don't like the color. Also, when I tried to trade the car in, the d!ckhead dealer said my color is ugly and lowered the value. a$$hole.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:11 PM
marhot

From a study done in the UK:

Black cars
... denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.
Silver cars... indicate someone who's cool, calm and slightly aloof.
Green cars... can often be chosen by people with hysterical tendencies.
Yellow cars ...signify someone who is idealistic and novelty loving.
Blue cars ...are chosen by the more introspective, reflective and cautious driver.
Gray cars... represent those who are calm, sober and dedicated to their work.
Red cars ...denote those who are full of zest, energy and drive and who think, move and talk quickly.
Pink cars... are chosen by gentle, loving and affectionate drivers.
White cars... represent status-seeking extrovert drivers.
Cream cars... are the least likely to be involved in accidents and denote self-contained and controlled owners.

or this....

Red car indicates that you are a passionate person. You are a "take charge" kind of individual and you are at least a little wild. If you are thinking of buying a red car keep in mind that red cars still have the highest rate of theft and the highest insurance rates than any other color vehicle. Bright red paint also subconsciously sends the message that the owner is in a higher income bracket.

Orange vehicle is exceedingly hard to find. If you have an orange car you most likely crave attention. You are also generally a happy and upbeat person who enjoys being unique.

Yellow cars
indicate you are confident. You like to have fun and you embrace the child within.

Green is the color of nature. The person who chooses a green car is conscientious. They tend to be the go-to person in tense situations because they know how to keep their emotions in balance.

If your car is dark blue you are likely a very loyal person. You value relationships over wealth and you are calm. Rather than stand out, you like to blend in. If your car is light blue you are serene and peaceful. You also have a strong maternal instinct.

Purple. This is the color of royalty. If you have found a purple car you are a cherished individual who loves beauty, but walks with strength and purpose.

There are few pink cars out there, but they can be found. If you have a pink car, you like to be treated with a soft touch. You like to smile and you think good health is important.

If you have a brown car that signifies that you are reliable. You are true to yourself and to those around you. You are earthy and don't engage in "showboating." You are approachable, responsible and worthy of friendship.

A slick black car is the epitome of power and authority. Think CIA or Secret Service. If you have a black car, you are sending the message that you are in control and are self-assured.

There are many white cars on the road. What they say about their owners has a lot to do with their upkeep. A clean white car shows that you pay attention to detail. You are careful and pure. A dirty white car makes you look sloppy and indifferent.

Although gray often represents the dreary and depressing in clothes, furniture and paint, that is not the case with your gray car. A gray car is a comfortable one. It represents stability and self-reliance.

Silver cars represent prestige, wealth and luxury. The newer and shinier the car, the more this will come across.

A gold car represents wealth and pride. If you have a gold car, you likely want to be noticed. You want people to know you do not lack financially and you are independent.

Frankly I think car colors don't mean anything.

I've owned 2 red cars, a brown car, 2 beige cars, a white car, 2 blue cars, one light & one dark, and a dark green car.

I don't buying a car the same car color as my last one and I avoid owning 2 cars of the same color at the same time.

My Z is Silverstone and my daily drive Maxima is Blue Pearl.
So what does that say of me?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:45 PM
ZR_Yancy

Originally Posted by marhot
My Z is Silverstone and my daily drive Maxima is Blue Pearl.
So what does that say of me?
It means you have too much estrogen & need your man card revoked.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:20 PM
moflow

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

What's true for you isn't necessarily true for everyone else. I did NOT buy the Z for attention. I like looking at it and I could give a chit about weather or not others like looking at it.

However looks were nothing but an afterthought. I bought the Z because i was sick of AWD Turbo cars. I wanted a RWD coupe but the rx-8 is weak and hogs gas. The GTO is too heavy and handles poorly compared to the Z and the 8. I had reliability concerns about both cars, while I had few with the Z.

Contrary to popular belief, the Z is not inferior to the evo's and Sti's in all but appearance.

Last edited by moflow; 04-27-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:31 PM
350LowLife

Orange vehicle is exceedingly hard to find. If you have an orange car you most likely crave attention. You are also generally a happy and upbeat person who enjoys being unique.

Hmmmm.....So I guess I am an "Attention *****"....I'm OK with that!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:05 PM
zzrider

Blue cars are a dime a dozen as well. I have probably owned 15-20 cars in my life. I have owned silver, blue, black, green, gray, maroon, and red. I must be schizophrenic
Old 04-27-2008, 05:48 PM
jhn110

Originally Posted by weak 350z
interlagos fire...

WHOS Z IS THIS!?

ddddrrrrrroooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll
Old 04-27-2008, 05:51 PM
weak 350z

Its from japan
Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 PM
johns350

Default a couple of pics of my ZR

Does the general public see interlagos fire as an ugly color??-350topup.jpg

Does the general public see interlagos fire as an ugly color??-350topdown.jpg

Not modded - but I still like it...

Thanks - John
Old 04-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
I really doubt that the American public lies awake at nights pondering:
Does the general public see interlagos fire as an ugly color??
DO YOU????

OMG they don't???

DAMN, then it is only Me!!!!

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 04-27-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marhot
From a study done in the UK:

Black cars
... denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.

A slick black car is the epitome of power and authority. Think CIA or Secret Service. If you have a black car, you are sending the message that you are in control and are self-assured.
Alllllll riiiiight!! Giggity Giggity Gig!

Begger's can't be chooser in my scenario i went with black cause that was the best out of 3 Z cars at an auction!

Quick Reply: Does the general public see interlagos fire as an ugly color??