Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

1 month after my accident and it still won't go away....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:01 AM
sir captian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was your first accident.Dont worry you will get over it,it just takes time just like everything else.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:03 AM
iMikie

+1 if the fear persists longer and interferes with your daily life, seek some help. Trauma is a very serious issue. I was sleeping in my sisters car because I wasn't feeling well after a long day of having fun. She was driving. I woke up to the loudest noise I have ever heard. Smoke was everywhere, and I smelled fire. My sister somehow was knocked out and unresponsive/confused looking. She was so scared and couldn't move. The will to live kicked in and I jumped out of the car and carried her away from it. Looking around...we were in a construction zone a few blocks from my house. The car hit a huge metal enforced construction sign and just missed the a city pole. Those don't move. That took me a long time to get over and I still don't like to talk about it. I felt I cheated death. I still get chills from things like that and other phobias I have. Good luck.

sorry if that was off topic btw. Just thought I'd share.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:12 AM
iMikie

Originally Posted by mikie92102
+1 if the fear persists longer and interferes with your daily life, seek some help. Trauma is a very serious issue. I was sleeping in my sisters car because I wasn't feeling well after a long day of having fun. She was driving. I woke up to the loudest noise I have ever heard. Smoke was everywhere, and I smelled fire. My sister somehow was knocked out and unresponsive/confused looking. She was so scared and couldn't move. The will to live kicked in and I jumped out of the car and carried her away from it. Looking around...we were in a construction zone a few blocks from my house. The car hit a huge metal enforced construction sign and just missed the a city pole. Those don't move. That took me a long time to get over and I still don't like to talk about it. I felt I cheated death. I still get chills from things like that and other phobias I have. Good luck.

sorry if that was off topic btw. Just thought I'd share.
oh and as for other drivers on the road...honestly, I am very defensive. I simply imagine everyone on the road is a ****up and can't drive. I assume someone is going to cut me off and ride my ***. This way, you can prepare for when it DOES happen, because it will.

i just quoted myself, lol -1
Old 04-25-2008, 02:55 PM
j0hns0nc

it happened to me before in my z as well. some guy in a van failed to stop and rear ended me. after i got the z back i was paranoid for a little while but i got over it. but now when im stopped at a light or a stop sign im already in gear and ready to go at anytime.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:22 PM
FLfinfan

Been rearended twice. Once in a small Nissan truck (720) and once in a new CRX that I had not even made 1 payment on. Now I try to slow down well ahead of the stop and leave room to get over, if I can.
Not too concerned in the Titan, but very very leary in the Z.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:43 PM
deobiet

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
It takes awhile to recover from surprise buttsecks, but in time, and with a little reconstructive surgery you will no longer fear the evil from behind:

You will get over it...just takes time.
lmfao
Old 04-25-2008, 04:56 PM
iheartmyz

it's going to be two weeks on monday sinse my car had its boo boo...i freak out when i drive at night...EVERY passing car i am CONVINCED is drunk and is going to crash into me at the last second...hope it goes away...
Old 04-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Kegsbane

I was really jumpy after one of my accidents as well (my fault, doh).

Give it some more time. Just remember the law of averages, the people around you aren't trying to hit you.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:52 PM
savannahdoc

Default It gets better

So did they match your black paint ok? I am having mine repaired now. any advice??

Originally Posted by RanFerr_350z
About a month ago i was rear ended in my Z. I just got the Z back, but one thing i've noticed since the accident is that whenever i'm at a stop light, or stop sign and i look in my rear view mirror, my heart starts to pound whenever i see a car approach from behind me. Fearing that i'm gonna get rear ended again. I swear I find myself with my foot on the gas getting ready to dive into the lane next to me to avoid an accident.

This has been my only accident ever in my life, i've become so paranoid
Old 05-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Tatelasteil

Originally Posted by trains1937
Good advice. And that compliment is from a shrink. Can't get much better than that.

thanks Doc. And im only 20. Maybe i should be a shrink too.

P.S. Happy Birthday