Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Biggest ticket received by cop

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 07:01 PM
350zdanny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guestimating the speed may be a little much but a guy who looks at cars whizzing by all day has got to know some tricks to pick out the blatant speeders.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:36 PM
mightyjlr

Ok well here is a story about my worst "tickets". I was coming home from my friends house with my gf after spending a night in NY. Didn't have anything to drink, not of legal age. I definitely wasn't speeding either. I was in a 45 mph zone and I see a cop behind me and I look and I'm doing the speed limit. I know I am going to get pulled over because one of my brake lights isn't working right due to an electrical problem my car was having. Cop pulls me over.

"Do you know why I pulled you over?" Yes, my brake light isn't working. "Well, yes. Thats what I noticed first. Then once I started following you I noticed you crossed the double yellow lines twice. (I definitely didn't and my gf confirms this). Have you been drinking?" No, I'm not 21. "Ok, but have you been drinking?" No. "Ok, well once I pulled you over I noticed that your registration has been expired for almost 6 months." (My car is leased, and the lease was extended for a year, and they never sent us the papers to have it re-registered, so I forgot all about it. Half my fault, but stupid.) "I am going to have to impound your car." (****) "I also noticed that you were not wearing your seat belt." (I was definitely wearing my seat-belt, I can't even drive without it on, I feel really unsafe and move around in the seat. I had taken it off before the cop got there to get my wallet out.) I told him that and he didn't acknowledge it. "I also noticed the hang-tag on your rear-view mirror and it is an obstruction of your view." It is my hang tag for college. At this point I didn't know what to say, I was speechless. This cop was the biggest dick ever. I had to call my friend and get a ride home. I got FIVE!!!! tickets.

Here is the BEST part. My gfs dad is a teacher. The next Monday in school his DARE officer tells him "I got this one kid so good this weekend. Gave him 5 tickets. I knew he was drinking but I couldn't prove it, so I had to bust him for anything else I could think of, and the best part is I got his car impounded." Luckily we had told my gfs dad about it the same night because she got home real late. He asked the cop what the kids name was and he told him of course my name. He told him how it was his gfs boyfriend and he knows I don't drink, and I always wear my seatbelt. He got me out of the seatbelt and crossing the double yellow line tickets. Still had to pay over $500 for the other tickets and the impound fees. Before this I had a good impression of cops, but this guy just pissed the hell out of me...
Old 07-10-2003, 06:40 AM
bully****

I don't mean to take the cop's side, but in a sense, he was jsut doing his job. There are plenty of misbehaving kids in NY, and if he was to believe them, then the whole city would be up and burning in flames already. That was at least until the last part. I have to say if he is showing off then he is a ****ing jerk, but don't make judgements on other hard cops because of this guy. I think there are honestly cops who aren't jerks, and are just doing their jobs.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:33 AM
fanatic6711

There are plenty of misbehaving kids in NY, and if he was to believe them, then the whole city would be up and burning in flames already.
Wow, can you say stereotype????

Sorry, not every kid driving just took 10 shots of Everclear and decide to go 100 mph.

And seeing from mightyjlr profile that he's in Bridgewater, I'll second his statement about cops in the NJ tri-state. Most are dicks and money hungry egotisical ********. And I speak from being harassed by the police because of my car daily when I was a teenager.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:16 AM
mightyjlr

Originally posted by bully****
I don't mean to take the cop's side, but in a sense, he was jsut doing his job. There are plenty of misbehaving kids in NY, and if he was to believe them, then the whole city would be up and burning in flames already. That was at least until the last part. I have to say if he is showing off then he is a ****ing jerk, but don't make judgements on other hard cops because of this guy. I think there are honestly cops who aren't jerks, and are just doing their jobs.
I was coming home from NY, I was in central jersey when I got pulled over. I did deserve and expected the tailight ticket, I did deserve the registration ticket, although I later found out I was supposed to get a warning first before my car was impounded. I did NOT deserve the crossing the double yellow line ticket, I ASSURE you that never happened, I did NOT deserve the seatbelt ticket, I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, and who the hell has ever gotten a ticket for a parking hang-tag obstructing your view. Thats all a little ridiculous. It's not like I was even driving a sports car, I had a Chrysler Sebring Convertible at the time unfortunately. I had never even gotten pulled over before this. It also really pisses me off that the cop was going around bragging about it... The cop might have been doing his job, but fabricating offenses and bragging about it isn't in the job description.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:25 AM
fanatic6711

I live in central NJ, where did you get pulled over?
Old 07-10-2003, 08:40 AM
mightyjlr

Originally posted by fanatic6711
I live in central NJ, where did you get pulled over?
Warren
Old 07-10-2003, 10:38 AM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by mightyjlr
Warren
Weel that explains it... What do Warren cops have to do other than scrape dead deer off the road..As for tickets, cops in the small towns are pressured to write more tickets for B/S as a way of generating revenue for the town..Like when you go to the Jersey Shore the cops are complete dicks and not even full time cops..but they are generating money for the towns with nonsense tickets..Are they cleaning up the town by doing this??I think not..look at Sleaz Side NJ aka sea side..all the tickets they write and the town is still falling to pieces..
Old 07-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Stailey

123 in a 70

i was in alabama on i think it was I-65 heading down to florida.... no one was on the road so i let het go, its the fastest ive ever gone in my car, and i got caught doin it..... i ended up w/ a 188 dollar ticket- no reckless driving, the state patrolman was pretty cool about it... but in the long run ive lost my license because of it, im now have 3 months till i get it back...
Old 07-10-2003, 12:07 PM
chaknchngo

I have 2 100mph + tickets under my belt. One I got it when I had my Honda Prelude Type SH. Drove up to Santa Barbara from L.A. (those of you who don't know about 190 miles away) at 2 a.m. I was averaging 120mph the whole way and when I'm 1 mile away from the exit I see a new headlight on the my rearview mirror and sure enough it was a cop.

That ticket cost me about $500, got my liscense suspended for a month and and worst of all AAA (my inssurance at the time) basically kicked me out. They tried to charge me $14,000/year for my inssurance (my car was $27,000 out the door).

My second ticket happened about a week after I got my car, which was less than a month ago. This happened from L.A. to Vegas (280) miles at about 1A.M. Again I was less than 3 miles from the exit and I get a ticket. This one is costing me $250, supposedly since I'm from Cali and I got the Ticket in Nevada they will fine me, and I'm eligible for traffic school and no points will go on my record. Oh yeah right after I got the ticket I was exiting the freeway when a 300ZX ran over some plastic on the fwy and that thing came right into my windshield and cracks it pretty bad. Talk about BAD LUCK!
Old 07-10-2003, 10:48 PM
KarmaMag

Default 137 in 75

This happened with my friend. We're on the way to Las Vegas from San Francisco and he was doing about 160 in his BMW 540i on a Hwy near Mojave, CA. Long story short, he got a $820 ticket and license suspended for a year.
Have proof if anyone wants to see.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:33 AM
spextar

i've always been an "aweful" driver so I have 9 speeding tickets so far (in 4 years), but with the amount of speeding I've done, I'm totally happy with it. Wide open highways in USA, I can't help it.

Anyways, as much as the cops are the biggest ********, sometimes they don't follow the procedures accurately either. That's why, READ the statue carefully that the ticket says you just have violated. You can find it on the internet, usually the in state homepages. You will know all about your specific rights, penalties and ANY INs-and-OUTs, find one thing the big ******* didn't do right and your tickets are dismissed.

I understand it's UNETHICAL if you were speeding and you were given a ticket and the ticket gets dismissed because the ticket was faulty, i.e., cop screwed up somewhere. BUT AGAIN, everyday millions of us are getting ****ed by these major ******** because of 'technicality'. They TWIST the incidents to turn into violations all day all night long, that's why I don't mind twisting to get out it sometimes.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:41 AM
topdaytrader

Default Re: 137 in 75

Originally posted by KarmaMag
This happened with my friend. We're on the way to Las Vegas from San Francisco and he was doing about 160 in his BMW 540i on a Hwy near Mojave, CA. Long story short, he got a $820 ticket and license suspended for a year.
Have proof if anyone wants to see.
You got vid?
Old 07-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Goofy1477

One ticket I got which was not in my Z, it was in my lude, I was going 135 in a 35 zone! It sucked, I lost my licence for 3 months. The good thing is I did not go to jail, nor did my car get impounded!
Old 07-11-2003, 10:23 AM
mightyjlr

Originally posted by Goofy1477
One ticket I got which was not in my Z, it was in my lude, I was going 135 in a 35 zone! It sucked, I lost my licence for 3 months. The good thing is I did not go to jail, nor did my car get impounded!
Some of you guys are out of control. Jeez!
Old 07-11-2003, 01:37 PM
drew703

Default LOL

Goofy-

Im sorry, and I dont necesarily think speeding over 100mph is funny..but 135 in a 35 zone is made me laugh simply cuz its so rediculous! The cop must have been shaking his head too..lol
I mean thats not cool, cuz you could have easily hit a kid or something. But DAMN 100mph over the limit in zone like that is nuts! I gota hand it to you, assuming those are the actual figures, that might be the craziest ticket ive ever heard of ! What part of VA did you get caught in, cuz man I live in VA too, and they treat speeding tickets out here like its a felony half the time.

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 07-11-2003, 02:09 PM
Goofy1477

It was on Fox mill road. I was much younger and dumb. I realize that now. It happened at 4am so it was really late at night.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:58 PM
poweraddict

Expired Tag is the worst ticket I've got.

I passed a cop doing 130mph, didn't get caught though.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:09 AM
BlueDragon350z

hmm tickets seem to be a big dilema for me, i dont have my z yet and all these were in my 00 maxima se, 91 in a 70, 83 in a 55, 107 in a 70 got busted for all those especially the 107 one where it cost me around 300 out the door and probation, also successfully passed 2 cops in the median doing about a buck 25 and they were to lazy to come out at like 2am once
Old 07-15-2003, 09:04 AM
cbsuper

Originally posted by N74DV
here in AZ anything 85mph and over is "Criminal"

not 85 over but 85mph. Whcih sucks because the interstates have a 75mph limit and if you go 10 over it's a criminal ticket
Not true. In AZ, the speed limit is only a recommendation and what's "reasonable and prudent" is what would determine if you get a ticket or not. If you're doing 85mph in a 55mph limit area, you will definitely get a ticket and it is criminal speed, but if you're doing 85mph in a 75mph zone you may or may not get a ticket, and it wouldn't be deemed criminal. It all depends on where you're busted speeding and what speed you were doing.

Quick Reply: Biggest ticket received by cop