Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z running without oil for 2 month/ F@ck Nissan!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008 | 08:25 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
Why? You drive a car...with a motor. Any motor runs the possibility of using oil. Make it a habit to check it every so often.
What? I just turn the key, press the gas and go. You mean there's something else I am supposed to be doing??? But that's what I pay other people to do for me, so I don't have to worry about it, ever. When the windshield gets dirty I just pull the thing and the blue **** squirts all over my face, you mean there's not smurfs under my hood spewing ejaculate all over my windshield? Huh. Trippy.
Old 05-01-2008 | 08:53 PM
KAZ350Z

Old 05-01-2008 | 11:05 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
If you didn't observe low oil pressure over the past 3mo/3K and the oil pressure warning light didn't come on, what makes you think the motor is damaged?
The most important one, unless you were driving with the light on and no oil pressure, YOUR MOTOR IS JUST FINE.
Old 05-02-2008 | 05:08 AM
Category5

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
Why? You drive a car...with a motor. Any motor runs the possibility of using oil. Make it a habit to check it every so often.
Well, there's no harm in checking the oil, but if you're 'using oil' (to the point where you have to add oil) you've got a problem.
Old 05-02-2008 | 05:16 AM
zzz350

You will get no help legally. You just don't have a case, you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt who actually caused the problem. Since you don't check your oil ever, you have no time frame to base as to when your problem started to occur. The court will say, hmmm the dealer could have done it, a pissed off neighbor or co-worker could have loosened the plug, or the owner may have actually worked on the car himself and didn't tighten the screw properly. Sorry, but it's your baby.
Old 05-02-2008 | 05:41 AM
sae350

metion the word lawyer...and they will take care all the problem you have with the z..
Old 05-02-2008 | 05:58 AM
07rdsterGT

Originally Posted by neeferea
Why? 07 has no oil burning problem.
Nissan's fault.

But, never-the-less, you should always check your oil every week. It's just good practice. I suppose you don't ever check you air pressure either? I left the dealership with my brand new ZR and the first thing I did was check everything when I got home and the car cooled off. Low and behold my tires were 10lB's to heavy!

It's all good practice man.
Old 05-02-2008 | 06:03 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

I've seen these cases go both ways. I've seen instanses where it went to court and the car owner won and the shop had to pay for repair / replacement. I've also seen cases where it went to court and the judge ruled that the ultimate responsibility lies with the car owner / driver.

Either way it's always a good idea to keep a steady eye on your oil level no matter how new or how trouble free your car is. Dropping 2-3 quarts should leave some evidence behind, oil spots on the driveway, burning oil smell. etc.
Old 05-02-2008 | 06:19 AM
neeferea

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Too many unanswered questions here.

How did oil change monkey determine that the plug wasn't screwed in and that was the cause?

Did he see oil leaking out? If so, why didn't you find puddles of oil under your car? As pointed out before, why did it stop with 2 quarts left?

If he didn't see it leaking yet observed "only 2 quarts" draining out, how does he know it's 2 quarts unless he measured it? What made him measure it (most places drain into a large pan/tank and virtually never know how much is drained out)?

If it didn't leak and he doesn't know where the oil went, how does he know it was from the plug?

If you didn't observe low oil pressure over the past 3mo/3K and the oil pressure warning light didn't come on, what makes you think the motor is damaged?

How do you really know that it was low by X quarts in the absence if any indicators from the engine or car?

I hate to bust your bubble - but unless you can provide credible answers then you're wasting your time. Nissan is going to ask them so you better be prepared to back it up with proof.

When car went in for an oil change there was an oil puddle left after the car was pulled in. They have looked at the car and found out the there was a leak cased by a faulty plug. They have called me up and told me about the situation. I have asked them to measure the amount of oil left in the car. They did. Questions?
Old 05-02-2008 | 06:25 AM
neeferea

Default Updates!

I called the dealer. They have apologized for the problem and said that they will run free compression test and will pull the oil to check for metal. If everything is fine then I should not worry about it. Is that true? If the tests do come back clean does that mean that the car is OK and there was no long term damage done?
Old 05-02-2008 | 06:39 AM
iMikie

how in the world did you not notice that much oil leaking!? I am not saying its your fault at all. Many of those peeps that work at dealerships...well, we won't go there.

btw, what dealer in CHICAGO? I live in the chi and dont want to ever take my car there, thx.
Old 05-02-2008 | 06:43 AM
iMikie

going to the dealer makes me so angry. It shouldn't be like that. I feel like I'm going to...

1. get ripped off
2. after getting ripped off, they mess something up
3. fighting with someone, esp. the sales peeps who love to pretend to know anything about cars and lean on them like they own it in some way.
Old 05-02-2008 | 06:47 AM
neeferea

Originally Posted by mikie92102
how in the world did you not notice that much oil leaking!? I am not saying its your fault at all. Many of those peeps that work at dealerships...well, we won't go there.

btw, what dealer in CHICAGO? I live in the chi and dont want to ever take my car there, thx.
Woodfield Nissan
Old 05-02-2008 | 08:58 AM
WhiteNoiz

Woodfield Nissan
omg dealer name

Old 05-02-2008 | 09:51 AM
Art Vandaleigh

Perhaps they forgot to use a new crush washer on the drain plug? If the plug was very loose, you most likely would have lost the majority, if not all oil over a 3k mile period... not only to mention the fact that you would have had oil trails in your garage.
Old 05-02-2008 | 10:02 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

When car went in for an oil change there was an oil puddle left after the car was pulled in. They have looked at the car and found out the there was a leak cased by a faulty plug. They have called me up and told me about the situation. I have asked them to measure the amount of oil left in the car. They did. Questions?
Who is "they"? The dealer or some other shop?

Odd that somebody would see an oil puddle under your car after being parked there for a short period of time but you or nobody else noticed it before that day.

Define "faulty plug". I've never heard of or seen a drain plug "fail". You either leave it loose and have a small drip or take it out and the oil pours out in about 60 seconds.
Old 05-02-2008 | 10:08 AM
Sean

This is one way to ween us off our dependence on foreign oil.

Just don't use any.
Old 05-02-2008 | 10:54 AM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by Deftones
What? I just turn the key, press the gas and go. You mean there's something else I am supposed to be doing??? But that's what I pay other people to do for me, so I don't have to worry about it, ever. When the windshield gets dirty I just pull the thing and the blue **** squirts all over my face, you mean there's not smurfs under my hood spewing ejaculate all over my windshield? Huh. Trippy.
Hard to believe ain't it?
Old 05-02-2008 | 11:19 AM
yobri
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Sean

Just don't use any.
Old 05-02-2008 | 11:32 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Originally Posted by Sean

Just don't use any.
No corn based substitute?

Quick Reply: 350z running without oil for 2 month/ F@ck Nissan!!!!