Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

FREE Brand New Motor - FREE Swap - Nissan Authorized

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 02:36 PM
350z2k3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Forged
guys, i apologize for the wait and lack of communication. i wish i were in control over this... even though i'm not, i will say that i'm as frustrated with the rep as you. i've called him twice in the past two weeks practically begging him to at least make first contact so that you know it's not BS and that things are still a go. he promised me, both times, that he would call by the end of the day. i will call again this week to get an update, but pretty much expect more of the same.

most shocking aspect is that he was in as much of a hurry as you guys... so i'm starting to wonder if maybe the plug was pulled or if there are other mitigating circumstances happening here.

again, apologies and i'll update as soon as (and if) i find out anything solid

Thank you for the update Jeremy. I can honestly say I was skeptical from the beginning and this further cements Nissan's overall lack of service "credibility" from my point of view. I truly never expected follow through on an engine swap so this more or less falls into a "If it's too good to be true it is" scenario.

If it happens i'll be very happy, if not, my wife can say "I told you so"

Nissan, please prove my wife wrong.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:09 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys, i apologize for the wait and lack of communication. i wish i were in control over this... even though i'm not, i will say that i'm as frustrated with the rep as you. i've called him twice in the past two weeks practically begging him to at least make first contact so that you know it's not BS and that things are still a go. he promised me, both times, that he would call by the end of the day. i will call again this week to get an update, but pretty much expect more of the same.

most shocking aspect is that he was in as much of a hurry as you guys... so i'm starting to wonder if maybe the plug was pulled or if there are other mitigating circumstances happening here.

Thanks Jeremy for the update. Just hoping that everything is still happening and that they've just been busy
Old 06-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Jeremy, Thanks for update.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:10 AM
blasian

Any word
Old 06-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
Any word
NOPE, YOU?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:56 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
NOPE, YOU?
Nope.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:28 PM
350z2k3

Call me a cynic, but I never expect to hear anything.

The first guy never did a write-up. Maybe his new engine failed already.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:12 PM
stormcrow

Nothing has happened to stailey's motor. Though it is evident that he will not live up to the promise that he made to leave feedback on his experience. That's what I get for picking a college kid out of the group. Lesson learned.

But, I digress. Because I'm frustrated and because you guys deserve to know what is going on, I'm willing to give you the Nissan Rep's information. I say that you give him a ring to see what's up. Please do not be rude or disgruntled. PM me for the info.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:17 PM
nothix

Nothing has happened to stailey's motor. Though it is evident that he will not live up to the promise that he made to leave feedback on his experience. That's what I get for picking a college kid out of the group. Lesson learned.

But, I digress. Because I'm frustrated and because you guys deserve to know what is going on, I'm willing to give you the Nissan Rep's information. I say that you give him a ring to see what's up. Please do not be rude or disgruntled. PM me for the info.
maybe he's just been busy with exams and ****?
oh wait its the SUMMER!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Stailey

Hey Guys!
First of all… apologies for not writing a review as quickly as I needed to. A few things came up (helping out with a wedding), which added onto more things (got sent out of town for a site visit for work…), and more things (internet problems with f’ing Comcast). Enough with the excuses, I messed up.
Now to the review…
I sent a PM to Jeremy awhile ago asking if he knew when I would be receiving contact from NNA. Literally an hour later when I was leaving work I got a call from Stef at Regal Nissan located in Roswell, Georgia. Literally 10 minutes away from where I live (Sandy Springs). He gathered some information regarding me and only asked for my VIN number. I asked him a few things about a loaner, any paperwork I would need to fill out saying I was participating in this program… he didn’t have many answers. He left the conversation letting me know he was going to order the parts and he was going to have my injectors and fuel rails replaced due to a recall I never heard about, and he would give me a call to let me know when I could bring the car in for the swap.

I went over to Helen, Ga for a hiking trip w/ a few friends from architecture school and got a call from Stef while on the trip. He told me to bring the car in on Tuesday and that all the parts were in. He called about 20 minutes later after doing some inventory on the parts and realized he was missing a few things, called me back and let me know that he would call me again on when to bring the vehicle in.

I got a call Weds letting me know that the parts were definitely all in and that I could bring the car in on Thursday morning at 7:30. I brought the car in that next morning and sat with Stef to talk about a couple things that were going to happen. There was NO paperwork for me to fill out, no signing of anything other than a regular work order from that you would get from any mechanics garage. The work order listed out every part of the engine that they were going to replace, with the additional fuel rails and injectors. I handed over the car a little hesitant given that there was really nothing I saw from NNA, but I figured I’m already here and there wouldn’t be any bullshi*ting from him by this point. He said the car would be ready at the end of the day. Shocking given the amount of work I thought It would take to get the engine out of the car and back in. I did not end up getting a loaner, so I borrowed a car from a friend to use for the rest of the day to get to work and back. I called Stef to keep in touch with him on the progress of the car. Turns out by the end of the day that the car would definitely not be done… which wasn’t a problem.

The next day, I called Stef around noon to see if he had any news on the car. He said it would be ready and available by 6:30 and that they threw in an additional courtesy carwash for the trouble. I picked up the car, and Stef proceeded to tell me that they had trouble getting the engine out b/c something was weird with the frame from a previous accident (I hit a whole Semi tire that was inflated and on the rim still 6 months after I had the car), and that he had to do some adjustment to the frame to get it out. Not a problem in my mind at the time. I signed the regular paperwork you would receive for having service done to your car. I asked Stef about the 12,000 mile or 1 year warranty, and he stated that it was put under my VIN records with Nissan. I also asked if there was a way I could get any information from NNA about how the engine actually performed in the test. He really didn’t have an answer for me, other than that he couldn’t really guarantee that they would give out that kind of information. He did point out the NNA contact on the release papers incase I wanted to contact him. His name is Chris. I didn’t ask any more questions about it. Then asked him about the break in for the engine… he said 500 miles of light driving. I collected my paperwork and with the description of the work done and headed out. Stef was really good about keeping in touch and letting me know what was going on with the car. Good experience with that side thus far. If anything... the experience was more like you're routine visit to the Nissan Service Department... no signing contracts or insider information (the stuff we all love). So if there was any letdown on the experience, it was possibly the fact that it wasn't package of signing for warranty and permission to take the engine and replacing with a new one... making it more "official."

I took the car out for it’s first drive and it seemed pretty responsive. I tapped on the gas a several times in a row and the RPM’s would follow every move. Usually the car would have a smoother increase in RPM’s from the other engine. Aside from that, the car felt like the same car I drove a couple days before the new engine. So no major butt dyno changes for me… lol

On that Saturday I ended up taking the car to my dad’s shop in Acworth. He runs a Goodyear out there. I got the car lifted up and checked out the new engine and fuel rails. One problem… one of the brackets that holds the engine had some major bend in it… as if it were broke off and then welded back in place. This had to be the “adjustment” that Stef was talking about doing to the frame to take the engine out. Maybe I was just being picky, but it kind of pissed me off a little. There really isn’t a problem with it at all, just looked a little bent, and it was still doing its job. So no harm done.

Final verdict after a few weeks on the engine (I have a little over 1,300 on it now)… it runs great. No problems at all. I will contact Chris with NNA here in a couple weeks to inquiry about the engine.

Sorry everyone, and Jeremy for not getting back to write the review… life got in the way. I’m open for questions… I know there has to be a few things I left out here and there.

Last edited by Stailey; 06-19-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 PM
blasian

Thanks for the review dude. I'm gonna try to give Steph a call today sometime to see what's up.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:52 PM
nothix

thanks for the review college kid!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Stailey

Originally Posted by nothix
thanks for the review college kid!
lol... i know right!
I do the grown thing too...
Glad summer is here tho, I can relax a little.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Stailey

I'll ask Stef what's up with the hold up here. I just got a letter in the mail from Nissan yesterday asking me a couple questions about the service at Regal. I'll wait to fill that out after I talk to Stef to see what's the hold up.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
stormcrow

thanks for the report and the PM, stailey. i will ask Stef about the bracket. can you tell me which one you are talking about? again, apologies for the jab.

and methinks nothix must be a college kid, too.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
blasian

thanks for the report and the PM, stailey. i will ask Stef about the bracket. can you tell me which one you are talking about? again, apologies for the jab.

and methinks nothix must be a college kid, too.
lol he's not in college anymore but I am

Gonna try to give him a call.

edit-I'm on hold to talk him now.

editv2-Calling him back in 20 minutes. At least he knows what I was talking about

Last edited by blasian; 06-19-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:09 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by blasian
lol he's not in college anymore but I am

Gonna try to give him a call.

edit-I'm on hold to talk him now.

editv2-Calling him back in 20 minutes. At least he knows what I was talking about
update? *haha*

damn, ANOTHER college kid?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
blasian

update? *haha*

damn, ANOTHER college kid?

I'm an old college kid

Just got off of the phone with Lightning Guy because he hadn't seen the post so I filled him in on everything.

Steph is ordering the longblock tomorrow and he said it should be in next week sometime. I asked if it would be okay to schedule for the week after next and he said it would be fine. I'll probably drive out there Sunday and drop it off Monday morning. Everything is a go. I just need to order a few more bolts so I can take my spacer and intake off

Thanks for the help Jeremy!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:37 PM
stormcrow

any word on when they might get LG or 350z2k3 in for the swap?

i'm sure i'll get both barrels from Stef when i see him again for giving out his number...but, c'est la vie...*haha*
Old 06-19-2008, 03:41 PM
blasian

any word on when they might get LG or 350z2k3 in for the swap?

i'm sure i'll get both barrels from Stef when i see him again for giving out his number...but, c'est la vie...*haha*

He seemed cool about it but I didn't ask about the others

I do know that LG is supposed to call him tomorrow. Did 350z2k3 get the number from you? He's supposed to call me tomorrow I think. If he doesn't I'll give him a call Monday and ask about the others if they haven't called already.

Quick Reply: FREE Brand New Motor - FREE Swap - Nissan Authorized