2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

class action lawsuit for 07 350z clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nismogizmo
I have spoken with my lawyer today about my 07 nismo that has a faulty clutch and we spoke about a slew of similar cases that both of us have read about recently. Nissan is trying to stick it to me (and some of you) by declaring that the clutch issue is due to normal wear and tear. This is unacceptable and Im not going to sit idly by. Nissan is a big corporation, yes, but it is not infallible. I urge anyone who has this clutch issue to respond to this thread. To involve yourself in a class action lawsuit means that all you have to do is prove (probably through my lawyer) that you have the same issue. No monetary supplement would be needed from any candidate, just proof of clutch defect. On the other end, a successful case would get you monetary compensation in the end and some dignity back as well. He could not say how much money could be involved, but with a dozen people stepping forward, with me, he assured it would be lucrative. So please, come forward and lets not back down just because of the name Nissan! If 12 people contact me through this thread, we have a case, and a solid one at that. Hope to hear from you all.
Nissan fixed the problem with a replacement part under recall. I had mine done and haven't had a problem with my clutch since.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by nismogizmo
I guess my car was not included in the recall and they say there are none withstanding. As far as money is concerned, maybe i shouldnt have used the term lucrative, but there would be compensation. Any compensation to me would be worth it for no money out of pocket for the class action lawsuit. Just to fight nissan and win would be fit for me. They are trying to make me pay 2500 for a new clutch on my nismo that has 5k miles and has been in the shop 3 times because of the clutch issue. 3 repair attempts and no repair, but its normal wear and tear to them. If there was ZERO reimbursement, I would still hope that people would still want to do the lawsuit that have been screwed over like this.
Lemon law then. Stop being so whiny.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:04 AM
VeeTec

The "replacement" is a not a 100% fix. It's a patch for what is an overall design flaw.

My "fix" does better than my pre-updated cylinders, but it does not hold all the time, and the pedal will still go to the floor at times.

IMO, a law suit is not a bad idea, as it will force Nissan into better using judgement with the next Z, and it may result in a better fix for the current problem.

I will join if they sue, and have plenty of documentation.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:41 AM
mcarlomagno

Originally Posted by VeeTec
The "replacement" is a not a 100% fix. It's a patch for what is an overall design flaw.

My "fix" does better than my pre-updated cylinders, but it does not hold all the time, and the pedal will still go to the floor at times.

IMO, a law suit is not a bad idea, as it will force Nissan into better using judgement with the next Z, and it may result in a better fix for the current problem.

I will join if they sue, and have plenty of documentation.
+1 to that. the slave cylinder replacement makes the clutch feel better but not how it should. from a stand point of someone who's driven little rice rocket manuals, a ford focus 5-speed, a camaro 5-speed and 6-speed, this might be the worst clutch i've ever driven with. besides that the car is probably the best $30k i've ever spent and the thrill of driving it is amazing, the clutch just lets me down a lot.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:19 AM
invazn

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
hahaha +10000000000000

People need to get over it.
you might have a different attitude if you were the one that had to smell a burnt clutch every time your clutch pedal stuck to the floor. i sure as hell will be pissed when my clutch no longer clamps at 5k miles and have to pay for it out of my pocket because they will tell me its driver error or normal wear and tear.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:25 AM
nismogizmo

I had actually already planned on going to another dealer for more actual repairs. But the only reason my car was at this one was to get the diagnostic done. As fate would have it, they received my car just as the clutch went bye bye. And I totally agree on the fact that they should treat us MUCH better and they already hate us lmao. Our car has been in their service shop 5 times!!! In 6 months! Ive filed formal complaints against them and everything since. (i was told at one point to live with my problems!!) As far as abnormal driving, what exactly do you mean? Lets assume that Im super hard on my nismo, racing everyday, burning rubber around every corner...Is it possible to burn out that clutch in 5k miles? My brother has a tiburon with 106k miles and its beat to hell...still has a clutch. And its first clutch at that, and that car was totally not babied. That said, I absolutely did not abuse my car. I babied it because: 1. Im not rich, i cant just get another 2. its my dream car and im not all that ignorant with the whole warranty deal. 3. it took a long time for me to get to the point where i could afford this car.

Alot of you plainly have more finances at your disposal that you can just blow off being forced to pay for a new clutch, when it is under most circumstances, them ****ing you. I however, bought this numbered collectors Z thinking i could baby it and it would run and be dependable when i needed it. Truthfully, i expected a different reception from these forums. Alot of people have had this same exact problem and yet...no lawsuits? no redemption? All of you just ponied up and paid for their problem and tell me to get over it and im wasting my time!! Hard for me to believe. God, i wish i had my old Z still...loved that one. ;(
Old 05-11-2008, 11:29 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Man I agree with u. People in here tryin to E thug. WTF? I had same prob. My 05s clutch burnt out and locked up my tranny. Dealership said since there was burn marks on the flywheel its abuse and they wont cover it. Well after battleing NNA and them just being COMPLETE JERK OFFS I spent 3K dollars. I made a thread about it try to find it and u will see what I went thru. Best of Luck to u man and I hope u get PLENTY of compensation from NNA.

Im so fed up with Nissan dealers and NNA that I dont even wanna buy another Z My gas gauge is broke now and they said its not covered
Old 05-11-2008, 11:31 AM
nismogizmo

damn, that sucks. I feel your pain also. I will post info on this possible class action suit as i get it. Sure, you may not get a pile of money, but the next time you buy a Z, it might run better than a hyundai.

Last edited by nismogizmo; 05-11-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

My clutch clicks. Its starting to drive me crazy. I think it started clicking after i've had the recall. I'm going to take it in tomorrow and see whats going on.