Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z's 1st Injury

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 11:04 AM
DaveL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Z's 1st Injury

I've had my Super Black Z since Feb. 6th its been a perfect car. No marks, no nothing really...thanks to clear bra. Until yesterday...dooms day.

I go to the my local YMCA to shoot hoops and work out like I do every day. I always park out infront so if some jerk trys to pull off a jackass move to my car it will hopefully be seen by the front office or through the windows of the workout room. So I park out infront again next to a green car whose on my passenger side.

After I'm done with everything about 3 hours have gone by and I go outside to leave. As I walk up to my car I see a big spec of white substance on my passenger side door. I get closer, lick my finger to wipe if off. Most of this white substance came off but I couldn't get 2 small white streaks out. I look at it far an angle and I see a small dent in the door. I peer to my right and there a white Oldsmoblile Cutlas Ciera SL with a blue top parked right next to me. I check there door and you can see where my black paint chip off at.

I was furious. I got the license plate number, but I couldn't find who the car belonged to and didn't have all day to wait for the person to leave so I left. The dent is not too big, but it is dented directly in the middle of the door...where the unique lining angles. I was pretty pissed, but because it wasn't too bad I held myself back from freaking bombing the hell out of that Cutlas and so on. It just amazing me though I little people actually appreciate other people property. I was exactly in the middle of my parking lane. The person, probably an elderly, just swings the door open without thinking and bang...hit my door. Sad thing is they don't even leave a note to explain themselves and they leave they're freakin car still parked next to my!

Just had to vent, my perfect car is not perfect anymore. Father knows someone who owns a Dent removal shop so hopefully I can get it done for free or very cheap. I much does it usually cost?
Old 07-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Subbacultcha

i've been to a paintless dent removal shop ("Dent Magic") before and it cost $60 per panel. it worked great tho.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:46 PM
CaneZMD

I took mine to dent wizard for a dent on the Passenger door about 3 inched above the beltline crease. (3 inches below the window) and the guy couldn't get to it. He also scratched my new tint and my window.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:47 PM
bhobson333

Since it is the YMCA (where people are supposed to have a higher moral position) and you have the license number and fairly incontrovertible proof, you might be able to get them to compensate you for the ding removal. If you go about it correctly.

It would be best if someone besides you saw the scene, the white car with black flecks on the door, the black door with white-marred dent, etc. Keep yourself calm and speak to the director's office about it. There is a good possibility they know or know of the owner of that car. If you can do the research & get the name from the plate, that would help.

Since the person left his or her car parked next to yours, they may not have known what they did. You're right, they might be elderly. If it is brought to their attention, they might willingly compensate you for the ding removal, especially if the Y office is known to be aware of the situation.

Remember: keep calm, be reasonable. Act like you assume that the person didn't realize what they did and that they will obviously be happy to make it right.

Good luck!
Old 07-12-2003, 12:58 PM
DaveL

Thanks bud for the response. Actually, a friend of mine saw it too. He had his car parked on the other side of his white car.