Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pissed future owner of Track!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 05:24 PM
samw1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pissed future owner of Track!

I'm not too happy with the Nissan dealer here in Vancouver. AFter hearing many of you guys paying the deposit and been told a certain date of car pick-up... cause I've paid my deposit of $1000 CND(NON-refundable!) on June 6th, they told me they couldn't give me an exact date because Nissan didn't have an official release date of the 04' model... now 04' models are out, they still can't make sure when they can get my car for me, all they could guarantee was they'd "try their best" to get me my car before Jan, 04... am I getting fxxxed? Don't dealers make a factory order for ya when you pay the deposit?
What should I do?Need some opinions... thanx all!
Old 07-12-2003, 05:27 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check that contract again, guess things are different in canada, cause its tough to take a non refundable deposit.

we went through all this in 03 with dealers pulling the same shi.. stuff. most got their deposits back, others complained higher up, most came out satisfied after enough complaining to the right people fixed the problem.

one thing we did learn, put a date in the contract, details details details. dont give them any wiggle room to not give you a car, and if something happens you dont like, there needs to be a way to get the deposit back. doesnt help you much now, but the squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:13 PM
Buub

I don't know how your situation differs, but here is how it worked for me... (in the US).

The deposit is fully refundable. Dunno if this is a local dealer thing or a state/US law thing.

I ordered my car in August last year (before they started shipping, but just before). They put me on a waiting list in the order that deposits were received. Nobody goes out of order -- you get to order your car when your name comes up.

After I ordered my car they obviously didn't know when it would be delivered, and especially not before. They gave me an estimate but it was very very rough (like could be November, could be December). Anything more specific would be a lie, because they don't know.

Several weeks in they get tentative dates from Nissam, and my sales guy called me to tell me what the tentative date was. It turned out being off by about three weeks, because my car had to sit in LA for 2 1/2 weeks waiting for an aero kit to be installed (they were in short supply).

Interpret that however is meaningful to you. :-)
Old 07-12-2003, 07:28 PM
steig

read the fine print on the back of your purchase contract. If Nissan uses the same purchase contract in canada as the u.s. then section 4 gives you the right to void the contract if the dealer misses the agreed delivery date and you get your money back. if they refuse to give you a delivery date you should be able to use this point to get them moving or cancel the order.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:26 PM
samw1978

Well, I was told I can take the deposit back for sure... cuase of a law... What I'm worried about is about the waiting list...
I found it that the waiting list doesn't work like in the States, Nissan dealer can't decide what car to get, it's Nissan Canada who's deciding what cars to give to a certain Nissan dealer... and each dealer gets 2 Zs per month... and say if they get a silver track, then they look at the waiting list, the first person who wants it gets it.... and if Nissan Canada never gives them a DB Track, I'll never get it.....Since I only wants a DB Track...So the waiting list actually means nothing in my point of view(I didn't know about this till a week after I paid the money, cause they just told me the sooner I pay the money, the earlier I'll get the car...etc) I thought they order cars according to the list... but turned out to be NOT!
Does this sound right to you guys?
Old 07-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Max95

Default Can you not buy it from somewhere else?

First time posting, long time lurker. Just had to say something. I live in Calgary and at Brasso Nisson here, there's like 5 350Z on the lot. can't you just buy it from somewhere else, like out of province? When I got my Maxima in for a checkup, it seems the sales guy was pretty eager to "unload" a 350Z.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:48 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about calling Nissan & asking them if what dealer says is true?

And check with other Nissan dealers. Several of us have bought our Zzzzs from hundreds of miles away.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:01 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Assuming Canadian dealers are the same lazy, lying slugs as 98% of dealers in the US, what the dealer says means nothing.

I just checked Nissan Canada & there are 15 dealerships in BC.
I'd just call them all until you get what you want. Or call the dealer the guy above me mentions. If you want a DB Track, go get it!!

I checked roughly 75 dealerships inventory (via Nissan netpage) for two weeks before finding precisely what I wanted, had my car broker cut the deal, & paid the dealer $250 to have it driven the 300 miles to my front door. You can probably get it trucked for about $500.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:05 PM
samw1978

Default Re: Can you not buy it from somewhere else?

Thank you all for the reply! I'll start doing some research on Nissan Canada... but the problem is that I want 04' model, maybe there isn't much I can do right now...

Max95: REALLY? 5 350Z in the lot? I'm pretty sure 350Z are sold FAST here... cause ALL 350z that reach a showroom are sold already by then... at least that's what I see in some dealers...
Old 07-13-2003, 12:33 AM
350-van.

I bought a 350Z from Regency Nissan in North Vancouver about 3 weeks ago. I walked in and left with one the same day, silverstone performance model with nav. I swung by last Saturday and they had at least 4 350s on the lot.

Why wait for the 2004? There's 3 minor changes in the 2004... I don't see how you can wait. Head out tomorrow and pick one up!

The dealer will give your the deposit back. If they make a fuss of any sort just ask to speak to the manager.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:35 AM
Buub

I didn't get anything the dealer chose. When my name came up on the list I ordered my car exactly like I wanted. It was built for me at my specifications. Sounds like your dealer is just buying cars from Nissan and other dealers and offering you what shows up. You should be given the option of ordering your car.

Of course if you order it, it could take a lot longer to get to you. Like I said, I ordered mine in the middle of August and finally took deliver on January 3rd.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:37 PM
gooters

Anytime you give someone a fat wad of cash and their end of the bargain is "they'd "try their best" " you are fuXo|23d. You are the second person who has started a thread saying this same thing...
Old 07-13-2003, 01:10 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

If you want an 04, call all dealers who are willing to ship to you, give them the specs & price you will pay, & say the first call (at your specifications & price) gets the biz.

In the meantime leave your deposit at dealer. If laws are same as US, he has to return it to you if you don't buy. The dealer becomes your fallback.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:24 PM
lunartick13

Default 2004 model

I went in to the Nissan dealer to buy a 2003 model, but when I saw that they did not have a Sun set Orange, I decided to order a 2004 Ethusiast with the aero kit, splash guards , kick plates,matts.
I was told by the dealer that if I put a down deposit, now keep in mind that this was in May 19, that I would be the first on the list and i would be one of the first to have a 2004.
Well my car was ordered on June 19 and my stimated del. date is Sept. 17.
I was given a copy of he order upon request.
So far so good, maybe you should ask for the order hard copy?