Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Touring or Track MODEL

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 09:07 PM
G35 pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring or Track MODEL

Which is the better car??????? The Touring model or the Track model.... Im in the market to buy a new 350Z and I want to know if anyone knows the Plus or minus owning either one... Thanks for any inputs you may have......
Old 07-14-2003, 09:24 PM
ZDreamZ

Well, Touring has leather where the Track has carbon fiber cloth. Also, the Track has Brembo brakes and 18" Rays wheels. The Touring has 18" wheels but they are not Rays and are 18x8 all around. The Track has a staggered wheel setup: 18x8 front & 18x8.5 rear. The touring is a bit heavier because of the leather. Both have VDC and Bose. All in all, it's up to you. I wanted leather so I got the Touring. Only reason I would have gotten the Track is for the brembo's since I had already bought wheels before I got my Z. Suspension, motor, performance is all the same. Hope this helps!
Old 07-14-2003, 09:28 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Better" isn't the right word since the basics of all models is the same. Just depends on what you want & how much moding you expect to do.

I suggest going to the Nissan site & reseach the differences.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:46 PM
Subbacultcha

touring - has leather, heated seats, bose 6-cd system, heated rear view mirrors. Note: MT comes with 18" wheels, AT comes with 17"

track - has lighter 18" wheels (slightly wider as well), better suspension, brembo brakes, spoilers. (no leather, no bose system)

touring has the most interior amenities, while track is more for racing (better handling, yielding a rougher ride).

i went with the touring since its was going to be my everyday car and wanted the most comfortable Z possible.

Last edited by Subbacultcha; 07-14-2003 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:51 PM
jonghj

Suspension and Steering are same in all Zs.
(base, enthu, perfor, tour, track)
Bose system only in Touring.

Ride and handling are exactly same.
only differences are Brembo brake and Ray Wheels.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:50 AM
Reggi914

Default $$$

The touring is the best bang for your buck. Unless your going to be taking your car to the track alot, a touring is just right for everyday driving.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:40 AM
G35 pimp

So touring is a well rounded everyday GT car and has luxurys...The Track is all about racing but motor is the same and acceleration is the same as touring... I guess I dont race the car much so I think a tuoring model with some S tune parts will be just fine... What made your choices?????? Does the track handle better than the touring or are they both the same in that catergory.. Doen anyone have numbers of perfromance between a track and touring??????
Old 07-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Reggi914

Originally posted by G35 pimp
So touring is a well rounded everyday GT car and has luxurys...The Track is all about racing but motor is the same and acceleration is the same as touring... I guess I dont race the car much so I think a tuoring model with some S tune parts will be just fine... What made your choices?????? Does the track handle better than the touring or are they both the same in that catergory.. Doen anyone have numbers of perfromance between a track and touring??????
The touring and track handle the same. They are the same car.

The touring:
Leather, heated seats and mirrors, bose sound sysmtem, automatic seats.

Track:
Carbon Cloth seats, no bose, manual seats, no heated seats or mirrors, BUT has 18 inch rays wheels, brembo breaks and comes standard with the areo package.

Hopes this help buddy.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:18 PM
Primaltone

Question

Why are so many people under the impression that the Track model has a different suspension? I've kept up with the long term 350Z Track model on Edmunds.com, and they too are convinced that the Touring model has a softer, more compliant ride than the Track. I've emailed them with this question, but have as of yet received no response.

I own a Track model and I test drove a Touring model. I coudn't tell a difference in the suspension.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:41 PM
AustinTX_350Z

Default Track

Hey dude!

I don't know man! It was a tough call for me when I made the decision.

What I found the most appealing on the Touring was the leather and power seats, and somewhat the 6-CD changer ...

What I liked about the Track were the wheels, the spoiler, and the brakes. I think the spoiler "completes" the Z in my opinion - and those rims are nice.

They both ride the same though ... I think. I'm getting leather put in after the summer for a good price - so - not a big deal. I personally don't think the cloth seats are that great of quality.

I've had some buyer's remorse b/c I almost got a G35 and was somewhat torn between the two. I liked the amenities in the G35 - but overall liked the Z styling better.

Regardless of what you go with - you're going to love the car anyway! All Z's are all the same except for the superficial details!

Good luck man!
Old 07-16-2003, 10:18 AM
G35 pimp

ha ha Thanks guys you are really making my choices really easy..hmmmmmmmmm.. How are the brembos and how are Rays wheels I guess If I want luxury then I will get the Touring model if I want performance then Ill go with the track ahhhhhhhhhhhh.. maybe I will get the Touring Convertable ????
Old 07-16-2003, 02:24 PM
Subbacultcha

Originally posted by Primaltone
Why are so many people under the impression that the Track model has a different suspension? I've kept up with the long term 350Z Track model on Edmunds.com, and they too are convinced that the Touring model has a softer, more compliant ride than the Track. I've emailed them with this question, but have as of yet received no response.
Yeah, that's the site where I got the impression that the suspension was different between models....
Old 07-16-2003, 05:41 PM
geezer902

Originally posted by Subbacultcha
Yeah, that's the site where I got the impression that the suspension was different between models....
DiPietro (the author) is pretty good and tries to remain objective. What I'm thinking is that there may be enough difference in the tires and wheels that he notices it ... but I sure didn't.

What I did notice is the difference in cost. I figure I can get an Enthusiast, add 18" wheels (keeping the stock 17s for winter use), and put on Stop-Techs, and a packaged leather seating set (CustomSoft), for some less than the Track would be .... yet I'll still have the leather and will avoid the VDC (a good safety feature but I find it intrusive). My .02. J
Old 07-16-2003, 06:18 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

18" rims of that sort are atleast 2grand, plus tires of atleast 900, thats 3 right there.

front brake kit only is about 3grand, tho fronts only is enough to outperform the track brakes.

your now 6grand in, 28000 base, brings you to the tracks 34000$ tag. track still has VDC, TPM, aerokit, option for nav. but the tires and brakes that were upgraded would be better.

not to say anything is a bad deal, just a different deal. I could do the same thing with the touring model and come out as a little more for a little better.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:24 PM
synth19

Get track, and get leather later

Old 07-16-2003, 06:24 PM
azjimbo

I bought the Track Z because I love the Rays wheels.Just my opinion.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:27 AM
AustinTX_350Z

Originally posted by synth19
Get track, and get leather later

YUMMMMMY! That's the leather I'm getting put in mine! Wait, that's MY car! Good choice! Is the color a little bit different than the factory leather? Looks like it has a different hue to it... ??

NICE! Hey - if you have any more pictures of the inside, I'd love to see 'em!

PEACE!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:00 AM
G35 pimp

OH man now I saw the performance Version under the touring and it has all what the track has except for wheels and Brembos....Then I saw the track model in the Best motoring video and man The track looks very composed decisions decisions.....
Old 07-17-2003, 11:57 AM
synth19

Unfortuently I dont have that many pics of my interior, but I do have a few GOOD shots in my gallary (see my SIG). The color is brighter then the stock "burnt orange" I like it alot, but it did take a few days to get used to....

Originally posted by AustinTX_350Z
YUMMMMMY! That's the leather I'm getting put in mine! Wait, that's MY car! Good choice! Is the color a little bit different than the factory leather? Looks like it has a different hue to it... ??

NICE! Hey - if you have any more pictures of the inside, I'd love to see 'em!

PEACE!
Old 07-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by Primaltone

I own a Track model and I test drove a Touring model. I coudn't tell a difference in the suspension.
The only difference in the suspensions of the 6MT Touring and 6MT Track are: The Touring has 8" wide 18" wheels front and rear; the Track model has 8" front and 8.5" rear wide 18" wheels and the Rays wheels are lighter than the Touring wheels. Apparently, those small differences have given many testers the impression the suspension is stiffer because the Track carries less unsprung weight than the Touring due to the different wheels. The springs, shocks, anti-roll bars and tires are the same on every model, given some models have 17" or 18"s tires/wheels. Any other difference is academic.

Last edited by Boomer; 07-17-2003 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Touring or Track MODEL