Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why do they even bother putting a radio in the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 06:47 AM
sherman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do they even bother putting a radio in the Z?

When the exust sounds so damn sweet, why would you even listen to the radio.
I just picked mine up 10 days ago, and I am still in the new car bliss stage. I smile everytime I turn the key and hear the engine wake up.
I was exagerating when I said I don't listen to the radio, in fact, I think the radio sounds great. I was a bit worried becuase of all the complaints about the Bose system, but I guess they have fixed the problem on newer cars, because mine sounds great.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 07:24 AM
DeludedBuzz

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Right on,

Best music to play while driving in the Z is it's own engine!
Old 07-15-2003, 08:25 AM
drew703

Default Re: Why do they even bother putting a radio in the Z?

Originally posted by sherman
When the exust sounds so damn sweet, why would you even listen to the radio.
I just picked mine up 10 days ago, and I am still in the new car bliss stage. I smile everytime I turn the key and hear the engine wake up.
I was exagerating when I said I don't listen to the radio, in fact, I think the radio sounds great. I was a bit worried becuase of all the complaints about the Bose system, but I guess they have fixed the problem on newer cars, because mine sounds great.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!
You couldn't have said it better man. I find myself in fact turning OFF the radio more times than not just to hear the exhaust/engine! Good call

i definitely love this car too

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 07-15-2003, 09:41 AM
majones

So true. I can't wait until the Fall when the cooler weather arrives here in SE Texas so I can ride around with the windows down. Nothing like hearing the sweet sound from those bazooka pipes.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Zsilverstone13

So you can turn on the voulme to block out all the little rattles in the car...and the loude noise from the AC compressor.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Z33

Originally posted by Zsilverstone13
So you can turn on the voulme to block out all the little rattles in the car...and the loude noise from the AC compressor.
Weird. I've driven mine since 4 Sept. '02, coming up on 8k mi., and there are no rattles, no excessive compressor noise, and now that I've replaced the tires, no major road noise. And the exhaust sounds sweet.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:53 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked the exhaust sound too till my parents got a new boat with a 8.1L V8 big block chevy.

thats all fine and dandy, but its got an exhaust system that with the flick of a switch opens it up at the headers... holy crap. that is the loudest thing youll ever hear, and oh boy does it sound good.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Montez

Originally posted by ares
I liked the exhaust sound too till my parents got a new boat with a 8.1L V8 big block chevy.

thats all fine and dandy, but its got an exhaust system that with the flick of a switch opens it up at the headers... holy crap. that is the loudest thing youll ever hear, and oh boy does it sound good.
I hear ya! I enjoy engine sounds of the 350 sometimes, but I just love the Engine/exhaust sound my little brothers 02 Mustang GT makes you cant beat that IMO.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:44 PM
sherman

The thing I like most about the sound of the 350 is that it is not too loud. I am not a big fan of the really loud exusts. The Z is quite enough so as not to bother the neighbors, but lood enough that you can get a hint at the power hidden beneith the hood. I like the fact it doesn't have to be over powering to make its statement.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:24 PM
AustinTX_350Z

Originally posted by Zsilverstone13
I've got some noises in the dash - one that seems to come from the center and the other is somewhere in the corner of the passenger's side ... sort of up towards the windshield, it seems. Also got some on my door ... they usually go away when driving on a smoothly-paved road though. Yeah, the A/C is way loud too, considering it is on high.

Besides that - don't really listen to the radio in it that much ... find it to be more of a distraction from driving. Since I've gotten this car, I never talk on the cell phone while driving and hardly listen to the radio.

The power of Z ...
Old 07-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Ryde

The dealership near me has been frickin awesome. I told them about the rattle in the back...and took care of it with no complaints. Although, when crusin with a friend...sometimes music helps to block them out or keep them from talkin. Since its only a 2 seater and not 4...you can't have people in the back keepin the front passenger busy. Sucks when you have really talkative friends...but yeah, most of the time I keep the music low anywayz, love listenin to the rpms rise as I accel...but once crusin for awhile its always nice to have a lil background music to keep you entertained.