2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

pressure droping in tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 06:53 AM
LBSOHK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy pressure droping in tires

any help would be appreciated

I keep on loosing air in my tires, first it was my front right and rear right tire, went to the shop, they checked it, nothing , 2 days it was fine 35 psi , after that I still was loosing air, went to the shop, again looked at me funny and said nothing's wrong , went to a different shop , nothing , third one -- nothing ... IM confused ... all of the sudden tire pressure is fine in those tires no loosing air no problems ... now my 2 left tires are loosing air, IM dropping about 2 psi daily, front and rear, there are few days that i go without stoping at the gas station to put the air in, but there are days i stop twice a day because they drop all of the sudden to 23 psi...
Now, I heard some of you had problems with the air pressure gauge that is in our Z, so I always double check with a manual pressure gauge ... also heard there may be a problem with the valve steam caps, so I took them off, no difference... IM really tired of stoping at the gas stations to put the air in and i don't want to go back to the tire shop and look stupid again, its painful ... any ideas? thx
Old 07-15-2003, 08:22 AM
grounded

ibsohk1

had the same problem with a few tires before. Your not nuts just need to know what to do.

Take the suspected tire off, find a pan large enough to put the tire in standing up and fill it with water enough to cover the tire at the rim. You will have to turn the tire while looking for bubbles. It sometimes takes a while to find the leaks and sometimes the bubbles are tiny and not so many so find a shady cool place relax and find the leaks.

works every time. but remember it takes time!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:14 PM
julian

yup, dunk it in water and look for bubbles. also remember that your tires could be leaking at the bead to the rim. but i'll be surprised if it is though since your car is so new. usually on older cars corrosion builds on the rim and lets some air escape.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:37 PM
ztom

Do you have any neighbors with wise-a$$ kids?
Old 07-15-2003, 01:46 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

could be out of round rims, but 2 of them on one car? seems odd.

try the water thing. good luck.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:12 PM
LBSOHK

ztom - i park it in my garage , no wise kids around...

well the strangest thing is i had the same problem with the 2 right wheels and then the problem suddenly dissapeared..
now driver side... i'll check for bubbles myself , thanks so far