Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

annoying truck driver

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:28 PM
norapat01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default annoying truck driver

Why is that truck driver always wanted to race my Z? Sure other car always wanted to race too, but 50% of the time it gotta be those redneck in their Ford or Chevy truck. Has this happens to most of you here? I mean it just ****ing pointless and annoying .

Today I was running errand, not even a minute after I left the house, some truck speed up to pass me and slow down. I ignored him...not in a mood to race beside I don't race in the neighborhood streets. So, I just let him pass. The idiot in his Chevy truck brake hard to get my attention, then the floor the gas to speed up again. I just wanna call it off because he starting to annoy me, so I just rolled down my window and just smirk/smile at him. I guess he get a point but somehow he seems pissed off 'cause he followed me for a bit.

Why is that our Z attracted idiot like this? Don't they know its pretty much pointless to race 'cause they gonna lost anyway and I don't wanna waste my gas for stupid thing like this. If the truck was supercharged or it was a Ram with Viper engine then it's another story. Just need to rant .

Last edited by norapat01; 07-01-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:36 PM
haeshik

get used to it cause it happens to all of us
Old 07-01-2008, 02:36 PM
blck350

the z is a sports car people will always try to size themselves up to you

i have same thing happen all the time i like to follow the advice another forum member gave me about civics revving at me

i drive exactly the same and when they slow down i give them a thumbs up and a short round of applause then laugh to myself you should try it
Old 07-01-2008, 02:49 PM
CSF

you did the right thing
Old 07-01-2008, 02:54 PM
blck350

yup racing is for track/strip
Old 07-01-2008, 03:19 PM
CarbonTourZ

Haha, it happens to me all the time. I live in a fly over state where there are many rednecks and trucks.

Most of the time I ignore them but sometimes I will race them to stop lights.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Lento

Yup happens all the time. I really don't know why they even try, but whatever you do, don't **** them off.... because trucks = big, Z = small.

If they try to run you over, at least make an effort to scratch there chromed out rims.

Trucks = for work = get dirty = meant to be tough = Why the hell would you put crome rims on a truck, not get them dirty..... and pay 200 buck to fill up your gas tank. I don't get it.

Thank god Z's run on fried rice.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:23 PM
norapat01

The point is that I have not idea why they even try, unless they have no clue that we got one hell of a motor inside.

If the try to run me off, I'll just let them so I could sued their sorry @$$.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:16 AM
The Captain

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It happens to all of us. They just got to see who's peen is bigger. I always love the revs at a stop light. I'll usually look over and give em a thumbs up and then look back ahead and ignore them. If they keep it up though, I'll rev back at them, then once the light turns green I'll turn right or just accelerate slowly and just laugh at them when they slow back down.

Best encounter with a redneck, ever:

We were at a stop-light and this F-350 turbo diesel is next to me with a few skinny white kids with mullets (I'm not sure if they actually had mullets, but I'll assume they did by their accent and manner of which they spoke)
*REV*REV*REV*
Redneck #2 (the passenger): Hey... you wonna' race us in your shitty jap car?
Me:
Redneck #2: Hey whater' you a ***? huh ***** boy gon' race or not?
*REV*
Redneck #1: Yeah whater' you gay?
Me:
Old 07-02-2008, 09:03 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by haeshik
get used to it cause it happens to all of us
+1.

I usually roll my window down and say hello to them, then tell them I do not street race.

This past Friday night I left a local meet here in Houston. Me and the GF were going to another destination a couple miles away to meet up with some other car enthusiast that were at the meet also. I must of had 4 people try to race me on the freeway service road. An S2k that was about to make a right hand turn at the light, where I was making a U-turn, made a mad dash across 3 lanes to follow me into the U-turn lane. When we came out of the U-turn he line up right next to me @ 40mph. I looked over at him to say hi, but he never looked at me, he just steadily stayed next to me. When he figured I wasn't biting, he drove off.

For some reason, I get more S2ks trying to race me than any other vehicle..
Old 07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Indyzed

Same with me. There are a TON of Git-R-Done rednecks in pick-ups where I live. They are so annoying to say the least. I guess they assume because their truck has a huge V-8 that it must be fast. I guess one good thing about $4 gas is now there are a ton of trucks for sale in my town.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:44 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848

For some reason, I get more S2ks trying to race me than any other vehicle..
you gotta watch out, those s2k's will get ya when you least expect it

as far as the whole truck thing, I usually just ignore them and just continue driving like normal.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:57 PM
WhiteNoiz

Hah! Yea, in Idaho I get the same thing at times. (go figure)

My favorite was a two lane onramp, we were both stopped at the light. The light turned green, I was just minding my own buisness, all the sudden the truck beside me lights up the tires for a good solid 5 seconds while I gently launch and get on the freeway, leaving him behind without even trying
Old 07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Get the same treatment down here in SoCal... the worst of them are the Super Bee (or whatever they are) Dodge Pick ups.. Just ignore the hicks.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:07 PM
CRAYY Z

Oh god, I get this almost every day from either trucks, civics, or regular dodge ****ing neons with exhausts!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:18 PM
dphoenix

I hate those v8 guys, all they do just waste gas resources and all they
can brag about is a straight line race with high torque.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:41 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i had a young guy in an old ford explorer do the same thing to me one time. Whats the point?! Its already so obvious that a ford explorer woudlnt keep up with a Z, or anything for that matter.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:58 PM
bmaiZ

it happens all the time. i smile at them most the time but on my bad day i don't give tf...
Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 PM
gregom

lol I laughed once I started reading this thread... just the other day this black F150 came up behind me, then got in the lane next to me and was clearly going full throttle past me.

Then once we got up to the intersection, I got over into the right lane to turn... he shoots over across the intersection, nearly hits this old Caddy driver and into my lane... then as he's going around the corner (its a long, wide corner to gain speed to merge into the perpendicular road) and he's going way too fast... I hear tons of tire squeal starting up and he understeers into the concrete little barrier between our lanes on the left turn lanes on the other side of the street. He bounces over that, accelerates (on the wrong side of the street here) and then cuts over into the left lane. At this point i'm laughing hysterically but then he starts slowing down and wants to race me still! Even after making a complete fool of himself!

Well at this point I didn't wanna screw with him in case he hit me, and this is a highway, speed 65... so I just put my foot down and kept going until I couldn't see him anymore.

Just last night too some kid in a Nissan Titan with the 5.7 was sitting next to me hitting the throttle on and off trying to get me to race him. Simply ignored and he went away at least...

I dunno why these guys cant just go to a drag strip if they wanna race...

If I ever come up to another sports car and I wanna see how fast it is, i'll pull along side, drop to 2nd then go WOT for a few seconds... if they don't play back I assume they aren't interested so I just go on and leave them alone. If someone wants to race you they will get on it pretty quick.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:38 AM
Get_Zwole

i just point and laugh out loud. It usually pisses them off enough they drive off.

Quick Reply: annoying truck driver