Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Changes to upcoming 350Z ‘04..’05..’06+

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 08:38 AM
OC_350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changes to upcoming 350Z ‘04..’05..’06+

I was just thinking about what Nissan might change on the future models. I'm not talking about a new 350Z just the little things that they update from year to year. So far these are the changes for the 2004 model:

-New powered face door for navigation system
-Pre-wiring for satellite radio
-Addition of a driver and passenger side knee pad
-New exterior color – Liquid Aluminum (late availability)

I doubt there will be any drastic changes like a twin turbo. I think it will just be some small updates to spark interest.
Here are some things I think they might do in the future:

-New paint color every year
-Different Rims
-LED tail lights
-Xeon highs as an option
-Two tone leather
-New aero kit with a raised wing
-New front with fog/driving lights

Also maybe a special model like a 350Z R or something. A 350z that comes with the Nismo kit already installed.

What do you guys/girls think they will change in the up coming months?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:15 AM
gooters

maybe in '06 they will add a hott azn babe hanging out the passenger side window?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:29 AM
1999TransAm

I was up at Grubb's Nissan in Bedford (DFW), TX yesterday and they had a NISMO S-type 350Z for sale. $37,500. The took an Enthusiast edition and added NISMO suspension, catback, cold air intake, spoiler, and graphics package along with 2-tone (Black w/ Red inset) leather interior. It looked pretty freaking sweet (Silver w/ Red, Black, and Silver Graphics).

I'm going to try go back up there with my digital camera either today or tomorrow to snap a couple pics.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:36 AM
gooters

Ha...we are totally hijacking this guys thread now, but I live really close to Gruubs also. There was already a thread about that Z and pics posted...fyi Do you have a Z yet? Where do you live?

Back to the topic...I hope that Nissan doesn't add turbos too soon, or I will feel obsolete!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:51 AM
CMJ

Honestly I don't think they'll change too much. Its like "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" mentality. I would like to see a Ltd Prod. version of the Z though, like an R version or something, w/at least 350HP.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:51 AM
1999TransAm

Gooters,

No I don't have a Z yet. I live in Grapevine, and go to school at Texas A&M. I will be graduating next May and will be in the market at that time.

Yesterday was my birthday, so my dad took me out to look at cars, and one of the salesmen let me drive the used Daytona Blue Track Ed. that is up there in the parking lot. I was a blast to drive, but I think I would be in way too much trouble if I actually got one.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:17 AM
gooters

Cool! I live in HEB area and just graduated from A&M!
Old 07-23-2003, 10:21 AM
OC_350Z

Originally posted by gooters
Ha...we are totally hijacking this guys thread now, but I live really close to Gruubs also. There was already a thread about that Z and pics posted...fyi Do you have a Z yet? Where do you live?

Back to the topic...I hope that Nissan doesn't add turbos too soon, or I will feel obsolete!
Nice hijack, now you have to respond. No Hot asian chick is not included, that option would be WAY too expensive, trust me
Old 07-23-2003, 10:36 AM
xlr8ed1

Default Other 2004 Additions

After speaking to Nissan USA, I found out that they have made some other changes not previously mentioned:

Camber / Caster which was causing extreme Tire wear

12v plug under the Passenger Cup holder (for those of us that like Radar Detectors or other items, without the 3 1/2 foot stretch to behind the seat)

They are also making some changes to the Late 2004 production cars (built after August 2003):

New Console lid (will be similar/like the Infinity G35 2-door model)

8 point electrical seats (rather than the hand-turning **** with the 2003's).It will be completely electric.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it!

Mr. Bill
Old 07-23-2003, 10:51 AM
RANDY350Z

I think they will add an option package to the track model such as the touring pkg---for those who want everything in the car.

Other options:

1. Sunroof or targa top option( I think this will be inevitable)
2. Detachable hardtop for the roadster (all the competion has them)
3. Maybe a 2 + 2 ????
4. Definately a twin turbo limited production.

These are my thoughts just from previously produced Z's plus what the competion has too! Myself, I hope Nissan produces this car w/ little body change or interior change at least for the next 7 years.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:32 AM
OC_350Z

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RANDY350Z
[B]I think they will add an option package to the track model such as the touring pkg---for those who want everything in the car.

Other options:

1. Sunroof or targa top option( I think this will be inevitable)
2. Detachable hardtop for the roadster (all the competion has them)
3. Maybe a 2 + 2 ????
4. Definately a twin turbo limited production.

A targa would be nice. I always love the targa roof on the Surpa and the NSX

I don't think a 2+2, that would eat into G35 sales

I also don't think a TT will be in the works. I think Nissan will save that for the upcoming Skyline GTR. Atleast I hope they do!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:33 AM
OC_350Z

Default Re: Other 2004 Additions

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xlr8ed1
[B]After speaking to Nissan USA, I found out that they have made some other changes not previously mentioned:

Camber / Caster which was causing extreme Tire wear

1. 12v plug under the Passenger Cup holder (for those of us that like Radar Detectors or other items, without the 3 1/2 foot stretch to behind the seat)

2. New Console lid (will be similar/like the Infinity G35 2-door model)

3. 8 point electrical seats (rather than the hand-turning **** with the 2003's).It will be completely electric.

1. That would be a cool thing to have
2. I wonder if I could retro fit this to my car?
3. That is a good idea, the **** is pretty lame, I also wish the passenger side was fully electric too.

Last edited by OC_350Z; 07-23-2003 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:26 AM
rocker_lx

It seems to me that they took many parts from the EU version for the 04 US versions.

At least that would make sense.

They should definatly increase the quality of the interior plastic. Every review here in europe says that it is a really great car to drive but that the cheap plastic used in the interior is dissapointing.

Oh well I will see it for myself this sunday. The dealer, where I ordered mine, invited me to a presentation.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:15 AM
OC_350Z

Originally posted by rocker_lx
It seems to me that they took many parts from the EU version for the 04 US versions.

At least that would make sense.

They should definatly increase the quality of the interior plastic. Every review here in europe says that it is a really great car to drive but that the cheap plastic used in the interior is dissapointing.

Oh well I will see it for myself this sunday. The dealer, where I ordered mine, invited me to a presentation.
Every review here in "The States" says the same thing about the interior plastics. Personaly I don't think it's a big deal. I like the interior, I like the smooth doors. Everyone that rides in the car likes it too.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:36 PM
cwerdna

Originally posted by rocker_lx

Yeah, the interior at first I thought was ok, but now I think it's is kinda cheap. It's not as bad as the Altima but it's definitely a lot worse than my 02 Maxima.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:42 PM
350zroadster

I really doubt we see a FI version of the Z. There just isn't a market for it. Plus Nissan doesn't have a FI platform to share with the Z.

Maybe a limited edition R or S spec version, with NISMO parts. After all it's available at the dealers anyways.

Z's main advantage is price, and any changes to it has to bring more buyers in, not decrease the size of the market.

we'll probably see the sunroof and maybe even the targa later in the Z life.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Corsa999

Question New color?

About 3 weeks ago I saw a Z that was a pretty amazing color and was absolutely not stock. If I recall correctly it was a "clean" very light green color with a definite silver base to it. Althought it could have bordered on being a "dolphin" color. (this is why the liquid-silver post caught my eye) It could have been a custom job, or it may be a new color offering. I am thoroughly farmiliar with the current colors available and this was not one of them. I live in the Boston area and (honestly) see quite a few new models/colors/option packages just as they are being tested in car magazines and offered to the first buyers. Either way it was not a Z color I'd ever seen and I haven't seen many full color changes as well done as this....or at all. Actually that yellow Z on this site is the only non-stock color I've seen until now.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:55 AM
junglist350Z

i think black housing headlights would be a nice addition to the car.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:13 AM
OC_350Z

Default Re: New color?

Originally posted by Corsa999
About 3 weeks ago I saw a Z that was a pretty amazing color and was absolutely not stock. If I recall correctly it was a "clean" very light green color with a definite silver base to it. Althought it could have bordered on being a "dolphin" color. (this is why the liquid-silver post caught my eye) It could have been a custom job, or it may be a new color offering. I am thoroughly farmiliar with the current colors available and this was not one of them. I live in the Boston area and (honestly) see quite a few new models/colors/option packages just as they are being tested in car magazines and offered to the first buyers. Either way it was not a Z color I'd ever seen and I haven't seen many full color changes as well done as this....or at all. Actually that yellow Z on this site is the only non-stock color I've seen until now.
Intresting, keep your camera in your car next time!
Old 07-29-2003, 08:14 AM
OC_350Z

Originally posted by junglist350Z
i think black housing headlights would be a nice addition to the car.

That's a cool idea. The Nismo race car has black carbon fiber housings.

Quick Reply: Changes to upcoming 350Z ‘04..’05..’06+