Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Dealer BS'ers in canada

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 02:50 AM
principe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pre orders

Funny thing, I called Nissan Canada and asked about "pre-orders" they had no f$%king idea what I was talking about. I couldn't even get them to confirm that my oder was in!

Anyone know different? This comes from the Nissan Canada help desk.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:24 AM
netviper

the pre order program is totally corrupt, so who knows, I can tell you the help desk doesn't know anything. They probably couldn't even name all the nissan cars that are currently available.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:02 AM
john0213

muhahahahahaha
Old 08-21-2002, 06:26 AM
Zman

I am glad someone post this thread. I am extremely disappointed by the whole preorder process. I feel like they (Nissan dealers) have been playing games with me.

I called one dealer across the street from my office in early March and was told that they only had 3 preoder slots this year with the expected delivery date in the fall, 2002 and I cant preorder one if I want it this year.

I called a second dealer and was told that they have 1 preorder slot available (2 had been filled) but when I went there they increase the price to $1000 above MSRP. I left planning to call another dealer before taking it.

I went to a third dealer that same day and was told that I can preorder and can expect my car in August or September, 2002. Put down my deposit and anxiously waited.

I called my dealer 4-5 times since then and basically received no confirmation or any useful info. All the info I get is from this great site. Got a call today from my dealer saying that my order went through and it is schedule for production in October and I will get my car in November, 2002. I AM ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER BUT WHAT CAN I DO. I live in a city where it can get to -30 or more in the winter with snow up to your ***** and I don't want to drive my precious Z in that condition. I will have to store it until late spring. What a waste...storage space, insurance, and lost interest. You don't have the option of walking away from your deal unless you want to get your car much later.

I think my dealer just want to make a sale probably knowing full well that it will not come in the fall after they had already filled their initial three preorder slots.

Now that I got that off my chest I feel slightly better.
Pissed off and helpless!!!
Old 08-21-2002, 08:29 AM
acid burn

Everyone was told a month earlier, and then they changed it as they saw they weren't going to get the line up on schedule.

Having said that, I have my own dealer "game" story. When I went to the dealer in Calgary they ignored me. I had to convince them to take my name and put it on a waiting list. I have not received a call from them to this day. Imagine -- any competent salesman would jump at the chance to have a customer drop themselves on your lap for an easy sale . I ended up phoning the dealer in Saskatoon and arranging a place in line and a deposit over the phone.

I have been totally happy with the Saskatoon dealer. I didn't call them too many times to bug them, and they actually called me to update me a few times. In your case, you need to write a complaint letter to Nissan Canada. Might as well make sure your dealer does not get the "good dealer" award this year! Don't forget to complain about the over MSRP offers from the other dealers too.

Oh yeah, I tried the Nissan help line once too. What a vacuum of information.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:52 AM
SirZaLot

Question

So, what are the MSRP in all three models in Canada??
Old 08-21-2002, 08:03 PM
acid burn

$44,900 for Performance or Touring
$46,500 for Track

There are quite a few differences between the US and Canada; check them out at www.nissan.ca
Old 08-21-2002, 11:09 PM
vanstorm16

Acid burn, great idea getting one from Saskatoon. Nice little drive home helps to get that break in period over a little quicker too!

I had the same problem at my dealer convincing them that I was serious about buying this car back in Spring 2001. They finally took my name and started the list, I was number 1. Yeah, right. The calls never came, just like you said. And now? #7. "Oh, we didn't have your name." "So-and-so must have lost it". Sure, I should have hounded them a bit more, but I know what you are talking about in your story.

Ah well, we're getting them right!?