Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z owners - how old are you?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Btooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont own a Z yet but i will (hopefully) be 22 when i do get one next year. I think one of the things about being this young is that without being married, having kids, house payments, etc etc is that there is a lot more money free up at the moment. I personally feel that this is a good opportunity to get a ***** to the wall sports car like this before i have to answer to somebody else. Granted it will probably involve some sacrifice, but im prepared to do that right now when im not responsible for other people (family).

just my $.02
Old 07-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Duke407

34 this past june. I'm told that I'm having a mid-life crisis.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:52 PM
drew703

Originally posted by Btooth
i dont own a Z yet but i will (hopefully) be 22 when i do get one next year. I think one of the things about being this young is that without being married, having kids, house payments, etc etc is that there is a lot more money free up at the moment. I personally feel that this is a good opportunity to get a ***** to the wall sports car like this before i have to answer to somebody else. Granted it will probably involve some sacrifice, but im prepared to do that right now when im not responsible for other people (family).

just my $.02
That's exactly what I tell people when they ask how I could possibly have a $30,000 sports car at 19 (20 in 2 weeks). I goto college during the Fall/Spring, then take Winter and Summer to work to afford my Z. Although college does cost some, my parents are helping me out with that, and I'm going to pay some of it back with student loans. But other than that, where else would my money go if I didnt have car payments? Video games? buying expensive clothing every new season?? Going out every night to eat at some fancy restaurante? I've already got clothes, my parents own a home, so like btooth said, right now for some of us younger Z owners, its actually quite possible to own a Z.

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 07-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Blue Dream

22 here 23 in october
Half my monthly income goes into the Z's monthly payments but i'm not complaining
Old 07-27-2003, 07:43 PM
silver@black

Yes I was only 20 yrs old when I bought my 78 280z,paid 9500 cash,no debt. As an old timer,who has the need for speed,just try to save a couple pennies every month, that way when you meet that special someone, desire a home,trip,or modifications for our awesome "z". You will be able to say "silver&black" was right.

Christine,I am familiar with that part of town,but no, that was not me. I live off of I-5,near south land park.

peace
Old 07-27-2003, 09:06 PM
poweraddict

Im a 19 year old dumbass in debt now, but enjoying my toys.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:36 AM
FrankieZZ

55 is it ! Still can't get this car thing out of the blood ! This is the first Japanese sports car ever , and what a wonderful surprise it is . I was a preorder , too ! Just had to have it ! Now , about the rest of you " so called seniors " , how about it ? How old ? It's okay ! It was cool coming out of the 60's . That's why you'll always be driving something " heavy " !

FrankieZZ
Old 07-28-2003, 07:32 AM
junglist350Z

for people wondering how us young people can afford these cars, its simple. Priorities. I want a nice car, i figure i'd rather drive and pay for a nice car than have extra money for stuff I dont REALLY need, like more DVD's or going to a club and blowing a bunch of money on drinks or going out to eat every night. Having this car has forced me to budget much better and its definitely making me a better person money wise even though its $$$. I paid for this all on my own and I'm 22. I pay for my rent, my utilities, my car, my insurance (health, life and car)...pretty much everything but remain close to my parents and know if i ever needed assistance I could get it but I really enjoy being independent. I was never good in school so i never went to college, but landed myself a job being an accounting assistant (for now) and am making decent money for my age...so this is kind of me showing my parents that I am responsible and I am much smarter than my grades throughout high school could show (although my SAT's were a different story).

I had paid off my integra just a month before I bought the Z and sold that and used almost all of the money from it to buy and afford the monthly payments for the Z, i got it financed myself and got the lowest interest rate because I actually have good credit (surprise to myself actually since ive only been building credit for a little over a year)I'm proud to own a Z and be part of the history of Z cars, but I'm even prouder that I bought a 30K car myself. Now i actually have something to show for my money
Old 07-28-2003, 12:27 PM
substance

i hear ya man
im only 18 now but ill be ordering my car in the winter (i think sometimes in january) ...godwilling
and yes my parents are buying it for me (just the down payment) and they are paying for the insurance but i have to work for the rest and lemme just say ...for a 18 year old its freakin hard work

i bet that all the kids who have 350Zs right now are sacrificing more than anyone because we dont have access to as much money as the rest of you. i hardly ever go out and eat with friends and i never see movies or go to clubs anymore...so as you can see i've sacrificed a lot to get my Z and i STILL have to work for a year before i can afford it

so how is it hard to believe a "kid" can buy a $44,000 car (CDN cuz i live in canada) ?

oh yeah btw, don't sell drugs, its freakin retarded cuz u get involved with too many things...im ashamed to say i did a while ago and then i realised i was a dumbass for doing so

btw, E is harder and less profitable to sell than weed...cuz
everyone wants weed

edit: hahaha i just realised my name was "substance" sorry its a remnant of old times...just further proves how dumb drugs are

Last edited by substance; 07-28-2003 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:58 PM
stonesfan

Cool

Fifty-two.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:10 PM
poweraddict

Haha, you just said your parents were buying it for you, so why are you crying about it?

And age doesn't matter, companies pay for your talent, not your age.

At least your getting help, be glad because mommy and daddy won't be around for much longer, if you think things are rough now, you havent seen nothing yet.

Oh well life is a *****, then you marry one.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:12 PM
jleighZ

23, got the car the day before my bday
Old 07-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Boo

Originally posted by poweraddict
Oh well life is a *****, then you marry one.
That's not very nice.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:54 PM
poweraddict

Originally posted by Boo
That's not very nice.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:56 PM
90260Z

Im 40, came to America with nothing. Now I got a house, a good wife and a nice car.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:11 PM
ZULATOR

33 yo and wondering where 21 went!
Old 07-28-2003, 03:51 PM
ICYBLUE1203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I got mine as a senior in high school six months ago. I've been working part time for almost 2 years now saving up for the "car fund." Instead of having my weekends free having fun, I chose the big *** loan, work all weekend long, and have a beautiful sports car. I think its worth it. BTW, I was kidding about the drug thing, I dont use em or sell em.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:29 PM
kaiser23

23, bought it myself, don't sell drugs. I got my first job as a video game developer when I was 19 (about 4 years ago). I made just shy of 50k then, and I make significantly more now, so yeah, it's more than possible for people in their early 20's, or even possibly their teens to afford a Z. But I'd still put my money on most people under 22 or 21 or so (college graduation age) having gotten their Z's with mommy and daddy money.

-Sean
Old 07-28-2003, 06:37 PM
jcr847

18 and living off my parents, yes they paid for the z and the jeep before it
Old 07-28-2003, 11:07 PM
poweraddict

It used to bother me when kids parents bought them a car, 99% of them would deny they had help getting it, but after I got mine I don't care anymore. Mostly the only people who care are the jelous ones, and I used to be that way. But I set my goals and accomplished them, and I am happy.

I don't say I bought my toys without help, because when I do people don't believe me, and I don't care what people think about me. I know what I spend my money on, and keep track of my bills, not them. So I have nothing to prove. But everyone who knows me, knows my skills and jobs which made me fortunate enough to buy it, and their opinions are the only ones who matter to me.

So for all the younger guys with a Z, enjoy it because your only young once. And a lot of young people are not as fortunate, but I believe everyone can get what they want if they try and hang out with the wrong crowd. I see people my age that are smart, but waste their life on drugs or bs that doesn't matter, it would suck to be in a situation like that.

Quick Reply: 350Z owners - how old are you?