Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got the best compliment while driving today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 01:42 PM
the bluez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah and I had toooons of girls leanin in my window askin about the car and screaming out complements out their window as I drove by on campus.

Damn golddiggers
Old 07-29-2003, 03:07 PM
cincyspider

My daytona blue always draws attention...lots of turned heads.

The day I picked it up and drove it home, I stopped for gas...and this 12-13 year old came running up to me as I was getting out of the car and asks my permission to take a picture of it!

Sheesh...like it's some kind of secret weapon! LOL That made me laugh all the way home.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:12 PM
DriveI65

Tonight after work I went to a bar with a friend from out of town. I parked as usual far out in the parking lot away from other cars. As we walked into the place one of the regulars at the bar was explaining to this lady all about the car. He was pretty knowledgeable so I let him impress her.

Without moving the car stimulates conversations.

Shift.......
Old 07-29-2003, 04:30 PM
CLS

Default Just got another!

I was at Target and had just parked at the very end of the lot(like always). When I got out I saw a guy on the next aisle getting out of his car. He made his wife pull over so that he could ask me aboutg it. He was real nice and said that he was getting one when the 04's come out. It is great standing in the parking lot talking to someone about it while you both just stare at it. I always get the "looks like a porsche".

Maybe its just me, but everytime I see someone looking at it I want to run to it and get in just so I can talk about it. Man I love this car.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:34 PM
bhobson333

Default Re: Just got another!

Originally posted by CLS
Maybe its just me, but everytime I see someone looking at it I want to run to it and get in just so I can talk about it. Man I love this car.
Amen, brother, I am so there! I find myself feeling diminished somehow when I'm in any other car! Are we sick or what?!??!?!???
Old 07-29-2003, 05:29 PM
rockit

The best reaction I've had, well there were two:

1) A cop pulled me over on my first day of having the car. I thought I was getting a ticket, and he just walks around the car, and then comes over and goes 'man, that is one heck of a car ... where'd you get it? how much? ooooh, is that the navigation ... wow. You got a sweet ride ... enjoy it' I'm sitting there completely stunned!

2) Driving back home about 2-3 weeks ago, and this car comes racing by with like 4-5 kids, and two of em are hanging out the back window just screaming and laughing. The driver pulls down his window and he just keeps screaming 'Man, that is the ****, that is SICK', and he keeps on for a good 5 minutes then they finally wave and drive off, funniest thing!

I love my car!

--rockit
Old 07-29-2003, 06:57 PM
Flyingscot

Recently, I had a guy in a Porsche 996 C4S check my car out from all angles while we were driving down a 4 lane road. The guy (in his 40's) pulled level with me, then dropped back to check out the rear quarter panel, then pulled even again and proceeded to give me a thumbs up. It wasn't the best moment of my life or anything, but, it did strike me as funny that a guy in a $80,000+ Porsche would be giving ME the thumbs up. Of course, I quickly returned the compliment and we went our separate ways.

I won't tell you how many times I get screams from teenage girls and even 30 year old women walking with their husbands when they see the car. And I can't go through a drivethru without being questioned by staff and passers by.

You have to hand it to NISSAN, they certainly got the styling right.

Fly

Last edited by Flyingscot; 07-29-2003 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Zulu

Default Re: Re: Just got another!

Originally posted by bhobson333
Amen, brother, I am so there! I find myself feeling diminished somehow when I'm in any other car! Are we sick or what?!??!?!???
No, we're not. I get the same feeling when I'm on another car. I also had to learn to restrain myself from manipulating a conversation to the point people asked me what kinda car was I driving.

rockit, a cop also pulled the car over, but she was being driven by my roomate who dropped me off for a weekend getaway and was driving her back to the apartment. He told me the cop even made him open up the hood, the deranged pervert.

Another time at South Beach, I parked by a sidewalk with a meter in front of a parking lot, being lucky not to pay 15$ and with the attendants near by. When I got back, one of them told me he saw some girls coming right at the car, so he went to the meter and put some coins. The girls gave him their phone numbers and asked him out for that night. I told him he better get one of his own, eveb if it were for just that night.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:56 AM
WashUJon

Yesterday I pulled into the parking lot of a local mall and I stopped at a stopsign. This guy turning left from my right (on the cross street) audibly said "wow!" and I looked to see him staring as he drove past my driver's side front. Then I saw him hit the median next to me HARD. lol I pulled up to avoid any bounce-back and I saw his SUV (Honda CR-V, I think) bounce into the oncoming lane just behind where I stopped! I drove on thinking that was very strange indeed...
Old 07-30-2003, 09:45 AM
cincyspider

LOL....was coming home today on the interstate...i got on and immediately merged into the middle lane, and then into the left lane...in FRONT of a porsche convertible. The guy driving was either pissed i got in front, or the Z just sparked his urge to beat my ***. Traffic was fairly heavy, and he started zipping lane to lane to try and get by me. Only I kept closing all the openings he had. I swear I think the sob was about to blow a vein and pass me on the shoulder! Then my exit came and I moved to the right lane and he finally got by me. Probably thought he beat my ***....
what a nerd.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:23 AM
spud

Definately had the thumbs up. Stopping me at a stoplight to ask about the car. Last fill up, three separate ppl asked about the car.
The best thus far was a few weekends ago, i show up at my parents house with the car. They didnt know i bought it yet.
I told my mom to come outside, she said "why?", i said just come out. She gets outside and said "oh my god, you bought a porshe?" hahah I said no, its the new 350 Z. She said "it is so beautiful, when do i get to drive it?"

Best part is after that, my folks' neighbor comes out. She screams "ohhh you got that beautiful car". Side story is that this neighbor has been trying to hook me up with this beautiful girl she knows. I have been playing that off all summer, cause I have no idea on how to approach this girl. So, the neighbor says, you should go show, erin your new car. So im like ok sure.
Never met the girl before. I show up and she is waiting outside, cause my neighbor called her to let her know i was coming.

This girl flips out and says OH MY GOD, this car is sooo AWSOME. So to play it off, i said "lets go for a ride". I hit through the gears and show her what the car is made of.

Long story short, ive hung out with that girl just about every day, and i think this is "the ONE". All cause the excuse to meet her was to show her my new Z.

She enjoys all the looks and attention i get from other gals wanting a ride too..

So far still goin strong! Wish me luck and God damn i love this car!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Btooth

haha i think i sense another thread coming....

"Love stories started by the Z"
Old 08-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Zulu

You know how it is, when you're alone, no girl aproaches you, then you hit it with one and all of a sudden girls star appearing out of thin air? A friend once told me that it is the happy look in a guy's face when he's having fun that attracts other females. I guess it's the same story with having a Z, you just can't erase that grin off your face...
Old 08-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Zhenyka

Talking

As all of you, my fellow Z owners, I get thumbs up, smiles and questions. However one compliment or whatever you may call it really stands out.

Several months ago I am at the gas station minding my own business, filling up my lemanse sunset Z. All of a sudden my attention was grabbed by a commotion at the pump behind me. It took me several heart beats to focus my eyes on a bunch of beatifull young girls. I didn't find anything better to do but to gave them a wink, they took it as a permission to approach.

"It looks like a lollypop!" one said.
"I would like to lick it ..." said the other.

I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I realized that I wasn't when I was kicked in the leg by my significant other who was sitting in the passenger seat a foot away from me, observing my reaction the entire time.

P.S.
I am not a poster, I am a reader.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:10 PM
maggie

The most recent one i've gotten was "great looking car...just try to keep it under the limit..."

-Concord P.D. (after he wrote me my first speeding ticket...)
Old 09-12-2003, 09:34 PM
cincyspider

hehe...ok, I gotta tell a story..kinda off topic, but I was in my Z so wtf!

My wife dropped me off to pick up my car where it was getting serviced...she said she needed gas so off she went down the road to a gas station. I got my car and was pulling out and figured I could top my tank off too, so I went to same station. This was a big station with maybe 8 lanes of tanks. She was in one and there were 2 lanes between us when i pulled in. She was out pumping gas and didn't notice I had pulled in. I got out, got the gas pumping, then walked over to her lane...her back was to me....reached over and turned her around, and grabbed her in my arms and bent her over with a hot kiss for maybe 10 seconds. Then I walked away...i didn't need alot of gas and it was done...i drove off. Meanwhile...the guy that was in one of the lanes in=between us, still had his jaw on the ground....and said incredulously to my wife. "Wow....did you even know that guy?"

The wife still laughs about that!!
Old 09-13-2003, 12:43 PM
RedComet

Van full of about like 13 people packed in, every single one, gawked, I was then called to pull over and said "f*ck no" and floored it.... ah the Z days...
Old 09-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Z_Pride

The absolutely best for me was a gorgeous girl asking "Wow! Can I f**k you in that!?" Best compliment ever!
Old 09-13-2003, 04:55 PM
cincyspider

And??????
Old 09-13-2003, 04:59 PM
ZRated03

I hope your Z wore protection lol

Quick Reply: Got the best compliment while driving today...