Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got the best compliment while driving today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 09:44 PM
cyberz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the best compliment while driving today...

I'm sure as you guys know, you can't go one day without a compliment, a double take, a stare, or smile when driving the Z. But I got the best one today while driving and it totally made my day and made me laugh. I'm driving north on the 15 when I look over and there is a 4 door accord or something with like 5 people in it. But they're not just smiling, oh no, all of them except the driver is doing the whole bowing down/we're not worthy deal, it was freakin hilarious. I gave them the thumbs up, and they returned it with an enthusiastic 2 thumbs up, haha, it was great.

How bout you guys, whats the best compliment you've gotten with your Z.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:56 PM
drew703

haha, i dunno if i can top that one cyberz. But I definitely do get the stares, thumbs up, angry looks from adults who think im like 15 (im actually 20, but very short ), and driving this kinda car. But this afternoon though, I got an interesting, and um indirect yet blatant compliment. I was at the gym where I work at, and I parked in the far lot, where there were only about 2 other cars. As I was leaving, but before I got in the car, I noticed some guy in a pick up truck heading toward the lot I was in. He pulled in slow, CIRCLED MY car two full times (I mean literally drove AROUND my car in his truck twice!) stopped, then said that my car was beautiful, CIRCLED around again, then drove off! I was flattered, but then at the same thinking wtf just happened...lol

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 07-27-2003, 09:58 PM
cyberz350

Haha, that one woulda had me rollin too
Old 07-27-2003, 10:21 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 guys in a car with their faces litterally.

you think Im joking, exagerating, but no, Im dead serious that WAS there face. both of them.

I was laughing my *** off.

(you still dont believe there face was actually but I SWEAR it was)
Old 07-27-2003, 10:28 PM
drew703

Originally posted by ares
2 guys in a car with their faces litterally.

you think Im joking, exagerating, but no, Im dead serious that WAS there face. both of them.

I was laughing my *** off.

(you still dont believe there face was actually but I SWEAR it was)

Hahahhah

The thing is, im laughing cause I DO believe you!

That would be a classic pic to post up if you had it... lol

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 07-28-2003, 06:27 AM
fanatic6711

First day I got the car, a group of guys were literally hanging out the window right next to me giving the thumbs up.

Probably the best though was a C5 owner drives up to me at a light and is like....nice car. Very cool
Old 07-28-2003, 06:54 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Some guy actually told me he liked MY car without asking if it was my husband's. That made me smile big.

As for the car itself, I occasionally get a dropped jaw--and once someone followed me to the gas station to tell me how much he liked the car.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:12 AM
ckny

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats funny was before i bought the car i was checking out z.com and they have all those pics of people staring at the car... sure enough, it happens every day. i wish i could snap a picture sometimes. people of all ages look, whether they are driving or standing somewhere. the best had to be two little kids walking down the street that gave me enthusiastic thumbs up as i passed. they must have been like 8. =)
Old 07-28-2003, 07:26 AM
ChadO

I was eating at a sub shop a few weeks back when I saw a guy outside circling my car and saying "damn!" many times over. His wife walked in the shop and said, "Is that your car?" (I was the only other guy in there) to which I obviously responded "Yes." She said, "You better move your car or my husband will drool all over it."

The husband finally walked in, and the whole time he just kept saying, "damn, so jealous!" etc. I thought the excitement had died down until I heard him tell the cashier to take a look at that "beautiful car." I look up to find all 3 of them at the counter all staring at it.

That was probably the most blatant enthusiasm. I've had the usual stops, glares, thumbs up, honks, hollers, etc.

I'm continually amazed at the *positive* level of attention this car gets. I've not had a single negative comment yet. I'm young (23), and no one treats me like some ***** who drives daddy's car. Do you think Porsche owners get this level of positive attention?
Old 07-28-2003, 07:40 AM
Jspec350z

Well I have gotten tons of thumbs up. A few sweet cars and a few the dreaded "CUTE". The best one was a guy in a red C5 rolls his windows down and says How do you like your Z? I reply I love it. He says something to the affect that he wishes the corvette was 1/2 as beautiful. I thanked him and we drove off. Kinda strange for him to put down his own car. Well I guess the Z just makes people rethink what they have.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:42 AM
fanatic6711

I think I'm getting less attention because they're are so many in NJ now.

Just saw some ugly chick driving a new CS... and she had her lights on in the middle of the day, weird.

She didn't even bother to look over or wave. V.Weird. Def daddy's purchase.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:54 AM
wren57
Banned

best I've gotten was one day while coming out of Best Buy with my GF, I saw a guy with his hand on the roof of my Z kinda leaning on it... I got pissed, but as I got closer I saw his friend was taking a picture of him next to it... I busted my sides laughing
Old 07-28-2003, 08:00 AM
kj301

My best is two thumbs up from a Ferrari 360 owner!

Last edited by kj301; 07-28-2003 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:08 AM
Blue04

This thread is the main reason why this will be my next car (next year). It's fast, ya, but it's so damn good looking!
Old 07-28-2003, 08:30 AM
cyberz350

Hahaha, great stories guys, I knew I wasn't alone on this one, keep em comin.

This one time I was at a stoplight and a somewhat modified 03 eclipse pulls up. Some guy was driving but the funny part was that his girlfriend in the passenger seat couldn't stop lookin. She even tried to hide it and shiet by putting her hand up to her head like she had a headache, but she was still peeking out the corner of her eyes. Poor guy, , hahaha.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:51 AM
Zulu

Yeah, I got that too, gf looking trying to look not so, but one time it was the other way around. I stopped next to the Clevelander in South Beach and this guy walking by with his gf stops and comes to me, wide eyed, asking about the car. He went around it a couple times, his gf just standing there obviously embarassed. He shook hands with me three times, saying how awesome my car was. Funny thing, Ocean Drive in S. Beach is lined on both sides with exotics and brand new cars. I've also gotten the "how you like your Z?" from Porsche, bimmer and benzo owners...
Old 07-28-2003, 08:54 AM
350ZMatt

I was on the grand central pkwy and saw a kid get out a camera and start taking photos.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:01 AM
Zulu

I forgot this one. A friend from work, but from another agency, was told that I had one by a friend of mine who called him on the cell. He then asked me if I could drop by the office. When I got there, the guy gets out, sees the car, and goes to his car to get a camera. Then he asked permission to sit in the driver while handing me the camera!
Old 07-28-2003, 09:02 AM
zPilott

I was at the airport, and three boys around 10 say my car. the one in the middle was pointing and all three had their chins in their laps. Their heads were all swiveling in unison.

The other funny one, I was riding with my friend on the freeway. In my rear view I see this car going pretty fast and weaving in and out of traffic. Finally I look over as he is about to pass me, two lanes over, and he stops dead even. This guy was ranting and raving and hopping up and down in his car, looking at me and my car. At first I thought he was pissed at me, like I cut him off or something without knowing. I finally figured out that he just really liked the car and was really excitedly complimenting me on it.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:48 AM
SSZVirginia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have all received positive looks/comments about the car. I will never forget pulling up to a hotel and an eight-year old tourist walked by and said "what an ugly car."

Quick Reply: Got the best compliment while driving today...